Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

C.C. Is a mad conspiracy theorist who tried unsuccessfully to claim Aaron Banks had taken Russian money for the Leave campaign.

She tends to spend a lot of time apologising.

Why the Guardian employs her beats me.

The only thing he was found innocent of was breaking electoral law.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/08/revealed-leaveeu-campaign-met-russian-officials-as-many-as-11-times

Cadwalladr has twice had to apologise to the odious clown Banks for making false statements about him. Saying that, it was quite funny whenever she had the next smoking gun on Russia and Brexit/Trump and progressively fewer people cared each time. 

A sad tale of someone unveiling a genuinely groundbreaking story (Cambridge Analytica) and then becoming an unhinged activist. 

Edited by Michael W

Cadwalladr has twice had to apologise to the odious clown Banks for making false statements about him. Saying that, it was quite funny whenever she had the next smoking gun on Russia and Brexit/Trump and progressively fewer people cared each time. 
A sad tale of someone unveiling a genuinely groundbreaking story (Cambridge Analytica) and then becoming an unhinged activist. 

It's pretty clear that Banks didn't use all his own money for the Leave campaign - proving where it was from is another matter.

She made the stupid mistake of making a claim of the actual sources and then couldn’t back it up.

Her biggest issue is that objectivity usually goes completely out the window when she gets her teeth into something.

Were Aberdeen still demanding a negative LFT at the game earlier? Seems strange when 20k at Ibrox werent or Fir Park on the same day. Watching the Motherwell game earlier and barely a mask in sight, people sitting where they liked, hibs young team all gathered together at the front. Wildly different from what Aberdeen seemed to be like 

Update from the Land of Lockdown

• Record numbers everyday for cases
  • Slowdown of cases in Bangkok
  • People of Bangkok who have the virus are encouraged to travel back to their own province
  • Provinces out with Bangkok now hitting high numbers (wonder why that is).
  • Full lockdown in many provinces, places of work are still open (factories everywhere are riddled)
  • We have close to FYCK ALL vaccines, hospital and health centres closed down as from Friday and cancelling all bookings
  • The registration app has gone down, with the government not knowing why and said "we don't know when it will be back to normal"
  • Rumours of Coup, however the army have denied and made a complaint to the police
  • I'm only on half day today, I'll be stocking up on beer, before they ban hits.  
  • 5.5% of the population double vaxed (aiming for 70% for the middle of Oct) - not going to happen.
  • 1.5m Pfizer vaccines have been donated by the US, it has been handed over to the Red Cross as they don't trust the Thai Govenment.  This will be given to health workers and US citizens (any other foreigner with underlying health issues)
Edited by SlipperyP

10 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Anyone know the script with hospice visits in end of life situations? My old man's got days at best and my mum, sister and me are 2 different households. Just now we have to visit separately but surely when the end comes we can all be with him? I can find anything definitive

I wouldn't think it will be an issue. My gran passed away nearer the start of the pandemic when rules were at the strictest for everything but when it was time for her passing the whole family could go see her if they wanted to.

I suppose it will be up to the individual hospices but shouldn't think it will be an issue at this stage where we are getting closer to normal anyway.

Take care.

9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Devi, Jason and the other experts will be seething at the lack of social distancing from the fans here. 

That looks amazing. Yes it's "just" Motherwell and yes it's "just" a league game but given how long fans have been locked out of grounds for I would be reacting the exact same way. proper LAOTS. You LOVE to see it.

Edited by RiG

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Tbf that was from 2 weeks ago when the numbers were going through the roof and the rest of the world including the WHO was saying the UK strategy was insane.

'The rest of the world' is absolutely hilarious shite. Some mewling from the 'Independent SAGE' collective and Jacinda Ardern would be much more accurate. Of course, it still remains the case that it was SAGE who okayed things going ahead, something conveniently forgotten by so many it seems.

Oh, and the WHO have really been fantastic over the past 18 months haven't they!

Edit: and good to know it has only confirmed that they were all talking complete and utter alarmist shit, and we can fire all their subsequent opinions straight in the bin.

Edited by Elixir

10 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Devi, Jason and the other experts will be seething at the lack of social distancing from the fans here. 

I did wonder about that when I saw the highlights on Sportscene. Noticeable how different it was to the crowds at Pittodrie and Tynecastle.

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Hopefully plenty of folk tagged Leitch in the tweet.

I am sure there will have been some total knob tweeting Sturgeon about it too, probably with DISCRACE!!! DO SOMETHING!!1 contained within. 

Overtaken by Jonny Foreigner

https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/belgium-all-news/179862/belgium-surpasses-uk-in-coronavirus-vaccination-coverage/

And Pfizer & Moderna now decided a bit of profiteering will not go amiss.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/belgium-all-news/health/179865/pfizer-and-moderna-increase-price-of-coronavirus-vaccines-in-europe/

the companies had capitalised on their market power and had relied on the usual rhetoric in the pharmaceutical industry, that the vaccines working increased their “value”.

Edited by superbigal

Guest Bob Mahelp
15 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I had wee chuckle yesterday.  The Express...which has spent the last 5 years abusing the EU, foreigners et al..... had an article titled 'Show some dignity !!',  in which they claimed the EU was boasting because they have matched, and in some cases overtook, the UK. 

You couldnae make it up. Except that they did. Lol.

25 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Overtaken by Jonny Foreigner

https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/belgium-all-news/179862/belgium-surpasses-uk-in-coronavirus-vaccination-coverage/

And Pfizer & Moderna now decided a bit of profiteering will not go amiss.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/belgium-all-news/health/179865/pfizer-and-moderna-increase-price-of-coronavirus-vaccines-in-europe/

the companies had capitalised on their market power and had relied on the usual rhetoric in the pharmaceutical industry, that the vaccines working increased their “value”.

The machine sounds interesting 3rd article down in the first link.."Covid-19 detector could be a return to normal for businesses." Would have to be very accurate and not giving off false alarms all the time though.

Edited by welshbairn