Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is one of the most hilarious exchanges I’ve read on P&B in a while. Old boy posts a screenshot which literally shows him spelling the word incorrectly and the search engine spelling it out for him, but somehow confuses himself and starts to argue with people. Great stuff.

Yet somehow he managed to take in the absolute gobbledygook that was Sturgeon's statement yesterday.  I think we can see who the Government are trying to get onside - the geriatric and/or easily coerced and/or fanboys.  The Swinneys of this world.

Edited by strichener

19 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is one of the most hilarious exchanges I’ve read on P&B in a while. Old boy posts a screenshot which literally shows him spelling the word incorrectly and the search engine spelling it out for him, but somehow confuses himself and starts to argue with people. Great stuff.

Get on the Raith rovers thread.  

Anyway.  At this stage with so many opportunities to get vaccinated should the daily figures (especially deaths and then hospitalisations) be split into vaccinated(at least a far as could be expected, so an single dosed 18 year old would count, but you’d need to be double dosed in your 40s),  and selfish c***s, idiots scum unvaccinated.  

Would put figures into more perspective.    Are we that bothered if we lose a few of the later category? Made your bed, die in it.

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Oh aye, absolutely smashing it.. :1eye

E795ZpGVkAIupGj?format=jpg&name=900x900

I'll lay it out for you.

It's peaking with no restrictions and without their healthcare system collapsing.

Again.

12 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'll lay it out for you.

It's peaking with no restrictions and without their healthcare system collapsing.

Again.

Where's the evidence it's peaking? The numbers are only issued once a week, on Fridays.

Florida Covid-19 hospitalizations up 13% from previous peak in July 2020

Coronavirus-related hospitalizations are up 13% from Florida’s previous peak on July 23, 2020, according to the Florida Hospital Association. FHA said they expect 60% of hospitals in the state to face a “critical staffing shortage” in the next 7 days.

According to a press release Tuesday, there are currently 11,515 patients hospitalized with Covid-19 in the Sunshine State. FHA reports 84% of all in patients beds and 86.5% of ICU beds are currently occupied. 

According to FHA, of those hospitalized with Covid-19, 21% are in the ICU and 13% are on ventilators. 

“Current hospitalizations and the growth rate continue to be extremely troubling,” Mary C. Mayhew, president and CEO of the Florida Hospital Association, said in the statement. “But vaccines work! The fact that less than 3% of current hospitalizations arrived from nursing homes and long-term care facilities shows the state’s focus on vaccinating and protecting Florida’s seniors and most vulnerable has worked.”
Data released by FHA Tuesday is from a survey of hospitals completed August 2 and represents 82% of Florida’s acute care hospitals. Statewide data is taken from the federal Department of Health and Human Services.

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-08-04-21/h_9439f25e3e7476ff79da9887eab670ef

Edited by welshbairn

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

@Monkey Tennis im not sayingnthis to be arsey, but you recently asked me if I really believed a vaguely conspiritorial sounding post I made about scotgov giving zero fucks if football and hospitality live or die. 

after yesterday, where no end date was given to the new normal of councils being able to sinply say no to crowds over 5k, and hospitality being restricted to number of seats available in their establishment, with the government actually expecting to be taken seriously over the angle a drink is being consumed at... I am going to say yes, I stand by what I said. 

Goodness me Bairnardo.  This is the comment of yours that I initially asked you if you really believed to be true:

"Its little wonder scotgov DGAF about torpedoing the whole industry. They would do the same to football and hospitality if they could".

If you're seriously telling me that you stand by it, then that's obviously up to you.  It's extraordinary though.

45 minutes ago, superbigal said:

UAE and Qatar go from Red to Amber so the hub airport problem apparently no longer.

However how the feck can they keep Turkey on the red list ?

Shambolic.

Turkey's literally on fire, m8. Don't want passengers bringing that back with them and spreading it here. 

Edited by Michael W

Safe as f**k 

I remember Ashley Young talking about Italy imposing those requirements in Lifts prior to their lockdown.

Seemed utterly bizarre to me.

Anyway.  At this stage with so many opportunities to get vaccinated should the daily figures (especially deaths and then hospitalisations) be split into vaccinated(at least a far as could be expected, so an single dosed 18 year old would count, but you’d need to be double dosed in your 40s),  and selfish c***s, idiots scum unvaccinated.  
Would put figures into more perspective.    Are we that bothered if we lose a few of the later category? Made your bed, die in it.

The percentage who are vaccinated under your criteria would be so high that it wouldn't really be worth doing. If anything it might undermine the vaccine, because there would be more cases, more hospitalisations and more deaths for vaccinated people than for unvaccinated people due to the sheer weight of numbers.

Shits hitting the fan here.....

Children who catch the virus are being separated from their parents/family and put into isolation centres throughout the country, no matter what age they are.

f**k this place, nobodies taking my kids away, without a fight on their hands.

10 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

When I saw the 50,000 at TRNSMT headline I assumed it was 50k per day. Just seen BBC say it's 50k over the 3 days so only 16/17k per day on a Green that used to accommodate 80k. Is that right ???

It's 50k per day.