Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Given up to 20% of the world's population are believed to have got that there must have been plenty of posters on here who had it. That didn't live up to the hype but still offed up to 500,000 people depending on who you choose to believe. 

I had swine flu, it was pretty unpleasant. I ended up getting a chest infection as well and needed antibiotics for it. Had about a week off work.

I’ve been thinking about the potential consequences of this, it’s interesting to ponder. One of the worst hit places is Iran, although with the extensive censorship by the Authorities there it’s hard to verify any stories. If Iran is hit badly will this have a knock on affect on, for example, the conflicts Iran is involved in, in Syria, Iraq, Yemen? Will it weaken the IRI militarily? Could Iranian forces cause a spread to Syria and Yemen, which given the conditions there could be catastrophic.

Also, there is the brewing of another refugee crisis in the EU with the Turkish authorities actions. What will the impact be if there is a widespread deadly outbreak and there are thousands of refugees appearing in the shores of Greece? It’s not hard to see this prompting support for harder controls on immigration, at least temporarily.

Economically the potential impact is massive and is already being seen - the Dow Jones and the FTSE500 taking a pounding already. Might not the best news if you are a leader who has repeatedly used the stock market as an indicator of economic strength, especially one facing re-election. Also, the hit on Chinese and global economic output will already be massive. The reduction in pollution around Hubai province seen from NASA satellites shows this. What will this do to economic growth in the UK, the EU and the US?

I’ve been thinking about the potential consequences of this, it’s interesting to ponder. One of the worst hit places is Iran, although with the extensive censorship by the Authorities there it’s hard to verify any stories. If Iran is hit badly will this have a knock on affect on, for example, the conflicts Iran is involved in, in Syria, Iraq, Yemen? Will it weaken the IRI militarily? Could Iranian forces cause a spread to Syria and Yemen, which given the conditions there could be catastrophic.

Also, there is the brewing of another refugee crisis in the EU with the Turkish authorities actions. What will the impact be if there is a widespread deadly outbreak and there are thousands of refugees appearing in the shores of Greece? It’s not hard to see this prompting support for harder controls on immigration, at least temporarily.

Economically the potential impact is massive and is already being seen - the Dow Jones and the FTSE500 taking a pounding already. Might not the best news if you are a leader who has repeatedly used the stock market as an indicator of economic strength, especially one facing re-election. Also, the hit on Chinese and global economic output will already be massive. The reduction in pollution around Hubai province seen from NASA satellites shows this. What will this do to economic growth in the UK, the EU and the US?
You're a barrel of fucking laughs aren't you?

There is a case in Ninewells according to my sister who's a nurse there.
Whit?

I'm still an in-patient here. Could be me.

(although today i got out on day pass and beat my pal 3-1 at snooker. He's better than me so I'm feeling good enough to take out this virus with a few well-placed safety shots)