Coronavirus (COVID-19)

You posted that “hot take” several days ago, it’s not gonna be the same case. You’re acting like some sort of Coronavirus Agent Scotland.

Several days ago = 3 days

Dundee isn’t a big place, and in my line of work it’s not unlikely that I was given accurate info. 🤷‍♀️

The P&B table. 

Italy 1,701

Japan 256

Germany 130

Singapore 106

USA 84

Spain 84

Thailand 42

U.K. 36

Scotland as part of the UK because they are shite bags.

Australia 29

Malaysia 29

Canada 24

Switzerland 24

U.A.E. 21

Netherlands 10

Philippines 3

Ireland 1

New Zealand 1

If their is poster from an other country please put your hand up.

The P&B table. 
Italy 1,701

Japan 256

Germany 130

Singapore 106

USA 84

Spain 84

Thailand 42

U.K. 36
Australia 29

Malaysia 29

Canada 24

Switzerland 24

U.A.E. 21

Netherlands 10

Philippines 3

Ireland 1

New Zealand 1

What happened to all the Diamond Princesses? Were they added to their country when they returned or are they floating around stateless? Australia just recorded it’s first death but he caught it on the cruise.

What happened to all the Diamond Princesses? Were they added to their country when they returned or are they floating around stateless? Australia just recorded it’s first death but he caught it on the cruise.
Poor rob brydon is going to have to work twice as hard as those cruise liner companies are now fucked.

On 29/02/2020 at 18:20, Jamaldo said:

People need to get a fucking grip. Utter, utter nonsense.

This virus seems to have about 10 times the mortality rate of typical seasonal flu, which kills between 290,000 and 650,000 people a year globally (though many of them were going to die of the first thing they caught anyway).

Perspective needed, sure, but it's not "utter, utter nonsense." Folk with underlying health conditions are at risk, and their risk increases if the rest of us carry on as normal. 

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

The P&B table. 

Italy 1,701

Japan 256

Germany 130

Singapore 106

USA 84

Spain 84

Thailand 42

U.K. 36

Australia 29

Malaysia 29

Canada 24

Switzerland 24

U.A.E. 21

Netherlands 10

Philippines 3

Ireland 1

New Zealand 1

Czech Republic with 3 confirmed cases. A combination of colleagues recently returned from Northern Italy, and others being Chinese, has me licking door handles in an effort to become P&B's 1st case. Wish me well.

Incidentally, my sister is saying they don't have any proper face masks available at Ninewells and a request for supply returned with a six month wait. They only have a handful of single use disposable masks which are reserved for theatre use. Staff are being told to buy their own. 

7 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Incidentally, my sister is saying they don't have any proper face masks available at Ninewells and a request for supply returned with a six month wait. They only have a handful of single use disposable masks which are reserved for theatre use. Staff are being told to buy their own. 

Anyone would have thought no basic preparations had been made to mitigate a much predicted and inevitable pandemic.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Why don't medical professionals just say face masks do f**k all? Sure for surgical staff where it's to stop them sneezing into someone's guts but why are they going along with the charade of wasting money on buying them for punters?

The main benefit of face masks is they stop you touching your mouth or nose with your fingers, so not a waste of time at all given the virus can survive on surfaces for hours.

Disappointed with the Swiss results so far. I thought that land border with Northern Italy might have given us some kind of competitive advantage. Really need to try harder.