Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's negative thinking. A quick spread through the UK in March and we could see 30,000+ 65 and over hanging up their boots for good.

I refer back to my previously offered conspiracy theory on this one. It was created by a pro independence type to speed things up a little.

Don't know if it's been mentioned previously but it would be fucking typical if Scotland qualify for Euro 2020 and it gets cancelled.
I'd like to think they'd look to postpone it for a year, as was done with the 2001 Ryder Cup after 9/11.

8 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
2 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned previously but it would be fucking typical if Scotland qualify for Euro 2020 and it gets cancelled.

I'd like to think they'd look to postpone it for a year, as was done with the 2001 Ryder Cup after 9/11.

https://www.papercitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/RM3_4915-1024x682.jpg

Why did they postpone it? Surely this patriotic golf bigade wouldn't have been scared to go head to head with the Bin Ladens on the links.

6 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Shops selling out of hand sanitiser and paracetamol etc. This is how it starts

Overheard two auld gossips in the local baker the other day discussing how two local people were in quarantine with this. Now, I know they probably only have a cold, but talk like won't help anyone. People sneezing a couple of times will start phoning the, already stretched, health centres, chemists will run short of supplies and people in real need of help probably not get any.

5 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Wonder what the true figures are for this virus. There is no way Laos, Burma. India, Nepal and Bangladesh have a grand total of 4 infections between them.

Likewise the Philippines which must have tons of Chinese and Korean visitors all year round. 3 cases confirmed.

5 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Czech Republic with 3 confirmed cases. A combination of colleagues recently returned from Northern Italy, and others being Chinese, has me licking door handles in an effort to become P&B's 1st case. Wish me well.

yer in

Czechia 3

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but how do people die from this? Are people literally hospitalised but theres no effective treatment and they die, or are deaths from this type of thing more like breathing difficulties in their sleep or what?

I'm no doctor, however this may be a symptom for most deaths. 

6 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Wonder what the true figures are for this virus. There is no way Laos, Burma. India, Nepal and Bangladesh have a grand total of 4 infections between them.

5 countries and 4 infections.  How does that work? Is somebody infected standing on the border somewhere?