Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Classic example of why test numbers are so high from our work. About a dozen of the girls had a house / hot tub party a week past Saturday. Since then 7 of them have developed classic symptoms of a cold. They all did LFTs all negative however 4 of the seven refused to accept that they were negative and booked PCRs, again all returned negative. Three of that 4 still refuse to accept that they don't have it and yesterday booked another PCR and despite all 3 again testing negative they have decided to take their kids out school (despite them having zero symptoms) to isolate with them (we all WFH anyway) absolutely bat shit crazy stuff. 12 LFTs, 7 PCRs no positive results yet kids taken out if school and holed up indoors with their parents for absolutely no reason. Weird thing was they didn't appear to have isolated ahead of their original PCR results !

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Classic example of why test numbers are so high from our work. About a dozen of the girls had a house / hot tub party a week past Saturday. Since then 7 of them have developed classic symptoms of a cold. They all did LFTs all negative however 4 of the seven refused to accept that they were negative and booked PCRs, again all returned negative. Three of that 4 still refuse to accept that they don't have it and yesterday booked another PCR and despite all 3 again testing negative they have decided to take their kids out school (despite them having zero symptoms) to isolate with them (we all WFH anyway) absolutely bat shit crazy stuff. 12 LFTs, 7 PCRs no positive results yet kids taken out if school and holed up indoors with their parents for absolutely no reason. Weird thing was they didn't appear to have isolated ahead of their original PCR results !

Seriously weird that if they're that paranoid, they thought that a hot tub party would be a good idea.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Seriously weird that if they're that paranoid, they thought that a hot tub party would be a good idea.

or they just really want some time off work

let's no kid ourselves, there will be planty of chancers will play the "i need to self isolate" card . 

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

43 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

ironically enough this one made me become The Joker 

I find the @janeygodley watermark on the video amusing.

Like there's genuinely people out there who would think, 'this is just tremendous patter, I'm going to pass it off as my own'

7 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

Like there's genuinely people out there who would think, 'this is just tremendous patter, I'm going to pass it off as my own'

I just hope she paid the production company for their image rights, she must be pretty padded if she can afford it tbh.

39 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If you are going to ask the wrong question, you'll get the wrong answer regardless of the data you collect.

The correct question to ask is whether we saw a difference in the hospitalisation and deaths numbers in fully vaccinated groups compared to unvaccinated groups.

Whether vaccines work or not is less relevant than whether both sets of numbers are causing major problems for the NHS. Avoiding killing the NHS should have been the key priority. It clearly hasn't been despite all that pot bashing people did on their doorsteps last year.

Without case numbers, it doesn’t necessarily tell you that at all.  We were vaccinating (largely) according to age

If we are not measuring comparative case numbers, the difference could be down to a strain (vArIeNts) affecting younger people more.  With case numbers also factored in, you can clearly see that’s not the case.  It is a piece of data corroborating the assumption you are making from another piece of data.

On your last point - absolutely right.  You were bound to get one right eventually. 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Good grief. What a total waste of resources.

A fine example of the mental damage that the pandemic has done to some, unfortunately. That sort of behaviour is totally irrational. 

40 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Taking aside the fact I think she is a horrendous person, surely no-one can be finding that funny?

I thought that but I think we're underestimating the extent to which some folk from the west of Scotland just find any old shit funny as long as it's playing up anything, even just with the accent, from the west of Scotland 

39 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

Being sued for trademark violation after raising the roof with a recreation of Godley's famous "unemployed Glaswegian joker" routine 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That is absolutely awful.

Genuinely watched that through my fingers.

And now I have that song in my head.

AND she has actually put a copyright thing on it. I think that's the cherry on the dogshit right there.

Use this to get it out your head, and no royalties go to a sex pest.

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

"Feeling very tired". 🤣 

Screenshot_20210907-100714_Seesaw Family.jpg

Shock backtrack on the negative pcr send them school anyway! I kept mine off once my son tested positive as knew it would go through them.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

They should all be fined for taking their kids out of school. They are just using COVID as an excuse for a carry on. Morons.

11 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Shock backtrack on the negative pcr send them school anyway! I kept mine off once my son tested positive as knew it would go through them.

Yep! There's no way I am taking either of my 2 through the test for tiredness or sore muscles. I'd be doing a PCR daily! 

Just now, Honest Saints Fan said:

Yep! There's no way I am taking either of my 2 through the test for tiredness or sore muscles. I'd be doing a PCR daily! 

Especially at 8am when trying get them to move arses.

Or the sore everything that appears at bedtime!

Ruairidh had bit cough and general under weather so LFT. He's been sent home day two back with sore head and tummy🙄

28 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My ex and her family loved janey godley. They went to see some soup pot tour and invited me along. Being an antisocial b*****d and someone with taste I declined 😂 my ex was so happy to get a selfie with janey afterwards and not long after that we broke up. I blame Janey for that...

She's a cook, too?