Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, RiG said:

On what planet is that funny? An utter fraud of a "comedian".

Ive been to funnier funerals than that fucking tragedy. This ‘see me am pure schemie heres some soup av made aint a pure salt of the earth’ shtick that she does, its absolutely horrendous. I find it baffling that the SNP absolutely love her with NS et al retweeting all her shite and having her do these adverts. The SNP are the absolute champions of cancel culture but it seems despite all the racist shite and other questionable content thats featured on her timeline its somehow ok because she’s pals with Nicola? God help anyone else subjected to a twitter pile on from the SNP faithful but its ok if youre in the club (pardon the 50cent pun). 

‘monTF PnB. A dozen half cut lassies at a Saturday night hot tub party?!?! 
BJK - you ken the drill, get them posted…
1 - I wasn't there
2 - Not aware of any pics doing the rounds.
3 - You really wouldn't want to as I use the word "girls" rather glibly in this instance. Mature girls more accurate.

Funnily enough it did prompt a fair few similar responses internally over the last week or so, it's not just PnB minds in the sewers.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Makes you wonder who comes up with this utter nonsense in the first place and why they are taking up a wage and an office.

Will be interesting to see how many students abide by the mask rule given that there's just nobody there to enforce any of it.

I suspect it will be close to zero within a few days but we'll see.

I do laugh at the idea that anyone would think students will meekly sit there in the library studying away with a mask on.

I'll let folk know - I have three in-person classes next week and students are required to wear a mask throughout. 

Sense finally seen at univerities

When indoors, unless you are exempt, face coverings must be worn at all times except when eating or drinking, or when seated at your office desk where a minimum distance of 1m is maintained.
At the start of semester 1, again, unless exempt, face-coverings will be required in all teaching settings, the library and our study spaces. Students should not remove their face-covering during an on-campus teaching session or whilst seated in either the library or our learning commons. However, staff who are delivering a class and are suitably physically distanced from their students may remove their face coverings if they wish for the duration of the lecture once all students are seated.
Whilst we cannot enforce their use, we will be encouraging those who are exempt to wear a sunflower lanyard or apply for an exemption card.

So the earlier idea that I would stand with a mask on in a huge lecture hall has been binned

As I mentioned previously, the original advice must have been specific to your university (or department) rather than the government rules, because what you are quoting now is what I have been told all along.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

So the earlier idea that I would stand with a mask on in a huge lecture hall has been binned

As I mentioned previously, the original advice must have been specific to your university (or department) rather than the government rules, because what you are quoting now is what I have been told all along.

Sadly not for me. The university (and others) pushed back on the original guidance. A few weeks ago I posted about this, but the meeting with the HoS we had, he was reading the government guidance out to us. We were all (including management) saying that it was a crazy idea to have lecturers stand in a big hall with distanced students, wearing a mask. The management said that they expected that specific part to change. Now it has.

I'm glad some uni's have been giving out guidelines. The wife has been asking in every meeting what the protocol for masks will be when she does the inductions next week and has yet to be told.

Edit: Also, what are the other uni's stance on providing the masks? I would have thought that it would come under PPE which should be provided by the uni but apparently not in her case.

Edited by Suspect Device

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I'm glad some uni's have been giving out guidelines. The wife has been asking in every meeting what the protocol for masks will be when she does the inductions next week and has yet to be told.

Edit: Also, what are the other uni's stance on providing the masks? I would have thought that it would come under PPE which should be provided by the uni but apparently not in her case.

Good question and one I've not considered. I imagine the student union will be giving out free masks along with the free condoms. But for staff, no idea. 

I was on campus today and all my colleagues (for a fair few were in) were all wearing their own masks. 

The long and short of our mask mandate is that everyone wears a mask at all times on campus, except staff sat at their desks and lecturers presenting to a class whilst distanced. 

3 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

Rangers fans going after the Daily Record and others for historic tweets and haven't even mentioned Godley smh.

Janey Godley Loyal RSC.

She is a protestant tbf. Albeit married to a Catholic, dunno how that fits in with the prevailing mentality. 

Alternatively, The were all blocked long ago for being football accounts. 

7 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

Rangers fans going after the Daily Record and others for historic tweets and haven't even mentioned Godley smh.

Janey Godley Loyal RSC.

They have but she managed to deflect it at the weekend by tweeting 'Does anyone remember Wimpey?' so any search for her was flooded with numpties replying about a birthday party they went to the 80s.

Daily Cases Update: Tiny rise again up 0.80% to 798.8 cases per 100K. I think it is 50/50 whether we go through 800 tomorrow.

Unfortunately Scotland now has the top 14 local authorities in the UK, and not a single non Scottish authority is even near our average figure.

However the UK is clearly now back on the rise again with Wales & England on the move. NI continues to fall for now.

I had a look at testing numbers to see if we are hugely higher than some Europeans. UK is testing around 1.5% of the population every day. However they are testing even higher percentages in France, Denmark & Austria.  So this is clearly not the sole contributor to why we top the European charts.

The Jag enforcement policy may be working as 1st jabs have doubled recently. Unfortunately no Jag update for some reason today.

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines  3,039 to 4,815 to 4,301 ,  2nd vaccines   9,182 to 9,903 

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 29th August to 4th September  were  43,317 to 43,662 up 0.80%, Positivity was 12.8% now 12.7%.  Cases per 100K were  792.5 now 798.8

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  362.9 to 370.1 up 1.98%, England 309.4 to 317.0 up 2.46%, Wales 465.2 to 480.6 up 3.31%, Northern Ireland  545.9 to 533.7 down 2.23%

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 274.5 (weekly change up 51%),   Switzerland 214.2 (weekly change up 4%), Ireland  205.8 (Weekly change -14%),  Norway 184.2 (weekly change up 16%), Greece 167.7 (Weekly change -21%),   These are still the only main countries over 150 cases per 100K   

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

North Lanarkshire   1252.6 to 1242.9  May have peaked

Inverclyde  1228.9 to 1217.2  Also may have peaked

West Dunbartonshire   1178.4 to 1204.4  

Renfrewshire   1129.9 to 1132.7

East Renfrewshire   1096.2 to 1070.2  2nd day small falls.

Glasgow City   1038.5 to 1024.5  May have peaked

South Lanarkshire   981.5 to 987.5

East Dunbartonshire   1015.2 to 976.6 2nd day small falls.

Clackmannanshire   928.1 to 943.7

Midlothian  819.1 to 869.6  Up over 6% and on the move  

Argyll & Bute   805.3 to 806.5

North Ayrshire    812.7 to 803.7

Falkirk   767.9 to 799.7  

BELOW AVERAGE

Dundee City   777.4 to 798.3

West Lothian   738.8 to 767.1

City Of Edinburgh   737.8 to 752.1 

Fife    734.5 to 749.5  

South Ayrshire   684.9 to 684.0  

East Ayrshire    682.6 to 678.5

East Lothian    656.2 to 671.0

Stirling  658.0 to 665.4 

Highlands   595.5 to 597.6 

Dumfries & Galloway   549.6 to 572.5 

Angus    534.5 to 542.2    

Aberdeenshire  522.3 to 533.8

Aberdeen City  494.2 to 528.2  Up 12.77% in 2 days

Scottish  Borders   449.5 to 463.4

Perth & Kinross    335.1 to 339.0

Shetland Islands  354.2 to 310.5

Moray   224.6 to 226.7 

Western Isles   188.7 to 188.7 

Orkney Islands    75.9 to 80.4

48 minutes ago, Detournement said:

On the October Lockdown chat from earlier it's not hard to see what the Tories are planning. 

Threaten a lockdown for a few weeks then suggest the expansion of vaccine passports to pubs and restaurants as a 'compromise'. 

They aren't "planning" anything, though. They have contingency plans in place in case something goes very wrong, that's all. The SG have similar plans, as 'leaked' a few weeks back.

Media sensationalism.

Edited by Todd_is_God

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

They aren't "planning" anything, though. They have contingency plans in place in case something goes very wrong, that's all. The SG have similar plans, as 'leaked' a few weeks back.

Media sensationalism.

It was leaked to a Daily Mail owned website.

How can people not understand the Government's behavioural strategy by now?