Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

If anything good at all is to come from the last 18 months of pish, the burning of Janey Godley's career would be fucking brilliant.

I'd take a shot of every single COVID vaccine going on a daily basis if it meant I was immune to her utter pish.

Just now, oaksoft said:

It's not though.

The point is that people are screaming blue murder about the NHS being on the verge of collapse and us facing another lockdown because we can't cope with an average of 3 patients per hospital in the country.

That is embarrassing right there.

There’s a certain element of “the boy who cried wolf” about the NHS too.

Can’t remember a time (going back to the mid-late 90s here) when there weren’t stories about the NHS fearing a bad winter, being on its knees etc yet here we are.

People are immune to stories about long waiting lists, surgery being cancelled etc - of course we’d like to minimise the impact, but I think people stopped listening years before COVID was a thing.

I also think there’s deliberate attempts to get people thinking about bodies in the hospitals in Bergamo 18 months, as if there’s even a remote chance of that happening now, post vaccine. 

Just now, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Question for all the experts on here: I’m going to a gig tonight and TRNSMT on Sunday. I need proof of a negative test. Is there anything to stop me submitting a negative result without actually taking the test? Asking for a friend…

Why not just take the test?  It’s pretty simple and would you really want to go if you test positive?

Why are we still doing 60k tests a day?

Scottish numbers: 8 September 2021

Summary

• 5,810 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 57,128 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 10.8% of these were positive
  • 17 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
  • 82 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 883 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 4,130,841 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,749,767 have received their second dose

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Why not just take the test?  It’s pretty simple and would you really want to go if you test positive?

Good point. I’ll rephrase: Are there any controls in place or is it a waste of time as anyone can submit a negative test whether they have tested positive or not tested at all?

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It would be a lot easier to not watch her if the Government weren't handing her 12 fucking grand for a 30 second National TV advert. 

1. Anyone who can’t handle her for 30 seconds/turn off the TV/mute the sound/go into another room/log onto P&B on their phone or tablet has a problem.

2. Who watches TV live on a regular basis?  Seriously?  Other than the news or football anything we watch is recorded which means we can fast forward through the adverts.

3 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Good point. I’ll rephrase: Are there any controls in place or is it a waste of time as anyone can submit a negative test whether they have tested positive or not tested at all?

I don’t know the answer to your question, undoubtably one of the threads ‘experts’ will be along to answer soon.

My point remains, particularly if you’re in the age group where you could be asymptotic surely it would be responsible to test yourself and hope the other attendees are equally responsible and not selfish c*nts.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

1. Anyone who can’t handle her for 30 seconds/turn off the TV/mute the sound/go into another room/log onto P&B on their phone or tablet has a problem.

2. Who watches TV live on a regular basis?  Seriously?  Other than the news or football anything we watch is recorded which means we can fast forward through the adverts.

1. Completely missing the point. 12 grand of tax payers money on an advert that tells us absolutely nothing new and is actively making people less inclined to follow guidance. A roaring success then for the SG but I'll just mute my TV and pretend we're not pissing money up the wall.

2. I don't have the means of recording TV, so all TV I watch is live. 

It's not though.
The point is that people are screaming blue murder about the NHS being on the verge of collapse and us facing another lockdown because we can't cope with an average of 3 patients per hospital in the country.
That is embarrassing right there.
It's nothing to do with the actual number of Covid patients directly it's the indirect knock on effects. Radio Scotland lunchtime news had an NHS practice manager from Penecuik on. Average daily calls to his practice pre pandemic 150, average this last month 600. It's obviously creaking and although not directly due to the actual number of folk in hospital with Covid it's all connected. Not sure what part of that you refuse toim grasp. Of course the NHS has been under funded for decades and of course that is a disgrace but to try to argue the current strains on the NHS are not due to the Covid pandemic is disingenuous in the extreme. Very few countries testing regimes are much different from ours. The new Danish poster boys test even more than we do. Not arguing at all the testing regime is the right approach, far from it but the strain on the NHS is very real. I'm directly affected as will be umpteen posters on here waiting on surgery or minor procedures. I very much doubt if reducing testing would have that much effect on NHS strain. It wouldn't reduce the numbers ill enough to need hospital admission nor would it speed up the surgery backlogs given it's hard to imagine staff if that level being involved in testing.

19 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

To answer your question, there is no way of proving you took the test, no.

You can enter a negative result without taking it.