Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Au contraire.

Not sure how you feel about screenshotiting search results but perhaps you could search for "spike" in this thread.

And while I'm here and I appreciate these aren't all aimed at you.

It doesn't take 30 seconds to make a 30 second advert in the same way Jaws wasn't made in 2 hours and 4 minutes.

Commercials are often paid with a small retainer and royalties. This would have been exponentially more expensive and a flat fee is pretty much a favour for a multiplatform national campaign, although more common with a client who'd want to cap costs like a government.

A nurse or NHS worker wouldn't have had the same cut through or gained anywhere near as much exposure. Maybe pick one at random, give them 10k for a holiday, just as effective.

You're all allowed to not find her funny, maybe this advert wasn't aimed at you, although as we can see it has nonetheless been partially effective, even for this threads not entirely receptive demographic. 

Ergo, vis a vis, girfuy, bargain. 

How the fck can you compare Jaws (with "special effects" of the time) to Janey Godley sitting on a chair spouting her pish. One of the most bizarre comparisons I've ever heard tbh

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Au contraire.

Not sure how you feel about screenshotiting search results but perhaps you could search for "spike" in this thread.

And while I'm here and I appreciate these aren't all aimed at you.

It doesn't take 30 seconds to make a 30 second advert in the same way Jaws wasn't made in 2 hours and 4 minutes.

Commercials are often paid with a small retainer and royalties. This would have been exponentially more expensive and a flat fee is pretty much a favour for a multiplatform national campaign, although more common with a client who'd want to cap costs like a government.

A nurse or NHS worker wouldn't have had the same cut through or gained anywhere near as much exposure. Maybe pick one at random, give them 10k for a holiday, just as effective.

You're all allowed to not find her funny, maybe this advert wasn't aimed at you, although as we can see it has nonetheless been partially effective, even for this threads not entirely receptive demographic. 

Ergo, vis a vis, girfuy, bargain. 

I wish I had tried this hard at school

Guest Bob Mahelp
20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Travel to the EU isnt that complicated at all, done it twice in the last few months and just read the entry requirements properly. 

I agree that it's not as complicated as say, sitting a Law degree in Mandarin Chinese, but the very fact that each and every country in the EU has different requirements for travellers from the UK already adds a layer of complexity.

My company suggested I fly to Germany and then travel to offices in The Netherlands, then France, then travel back to Germany.  Each country has different entry requirements for the UK, and you have to make sure you don't inadvertently break the law (such as stepping across the border from Germany to The Netherlands as a UK citizen). 

EU countries made it simple for vaccinated travellers to move freely within the bloc. The UK is continuing with ridiculous restrictions. 

Why ? 

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

How the fck can you compare Jaws (with "special effects" of the time) to Janey Godley sitting on a chair spouting her pish. One of the most bizarre comparisons I've ever heard tbh

I’d happily pay £10k to see Roy Shieder shoot a gas cylinder rattling about in Godleys slavering gob.

tbf

1 hour ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

93 people under 45 in Scotland have died from covid since the outbreak began.

8105 people over 45 in Scotland have died from covid since the outbreak began.

The BBC managed to find a thirty year old the size of a house in an ICU ward though so you just never know who is at risk. 

Currently an article on BBC about how concerned Boris Johnson is re the number of unvaccinated folk in hospitals. Another nail in the coffin of compliance with any future measures. Theres simply no way folk are going to comply with measures put in place to prevent unvaccinated people getting hospitalised. Gives me confidence that the age of restrictive measures is over tbh. 

Covid: Boris Johnson concerned over unvaccinated hospital patients - BBC News

Edited by Bairnardo

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Currently an article on BBC about how concerned Boris Johnson is re the number of unvaccinated folk in hospitals. Another nail in the coffin of compliance with any future measures. Theres simply no way folk are going to comply with measures put in place to prevent unvaccinated people getting hospitalised. Gives me confidence that the age of restrictive measures is over tbh. 

Covid: Boris Johnson concerned over unvaccinated hospital patients - BBC News

C4 news led with that tonight as well.  Their poster boy was an unvaccinated under 45 guy in ICU (who was well overweight) I thought it was a refreshing change to focus on the unvaccinated rather than the age.

I can’t remember the exact numbers but I think it was 72% unvaccinated and roughly 10% more of ICU patients had only had 1 jag.

20 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Multi-quote scrubbed the post for me from like 10 pages ago but shouts to the poster who had the staggering revelation that trade unions look out for their members first and foremost

Didn't have you marked as an apologist for Economism tbh. 

10 minutes ago, Left Back said:

C4 news led with that tonight as well.  Their poster boy was an unvaccinated under 45 guy in ICU (who was well overweight) I thought it was a refreshing change to focus on the unvaccinated rather than the age.

I can’t remember the exact numbers but I think it was 72% unvaccinated and roughly 10% more of ICU patients had only had 1 jag.

Of course, those people making up an increasing % of hospitalisations also makes a complete (as if it wasn't already obvious) mockery of vaccine passports. The only people getting ill as a result of X% not being vaccinated is people within that X%. Get a vaccine. Be safe. It's really that simple. 

Positive rumblings here re international travel: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58491245
The Government asking industry to make proposals, and they want the nonsense testing fucked off, so with any luck we'll finally come into line with the EU and bin it.
Various reports were saying they were looking at a system based more around if you were vaccinated or not rather than countries.

Also hints at having LFDs instead of PCRs - utterly pointless imho.