Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, strichener said:

I've got news for you - vaccines protect the vaccinated.  As said there is some evidence that vaccination reduces transmission however current case numbers should surely be raising questions on whether this is actually the case.  

I still don't see how knowing that everyone at an event is vaccinated reduces your anxiety.  Not that I am for one second advocating for it but surely negative tests would be far more important to you.

Anyone who is genuinely anxious about attending a large indoor event shouldn't be at one right now, quite frankly. There are no amount of hoops for venues to jump through or magical force-fields that will make them 'safe' in the context of an airborne virus and infection factories going full steam ahead for another year. 

The vast majority of attendees will be quite comfortable dealing with the outstanding risk, just as they were with the risk before March 2020 from every other disease combined. 

Re the mandatory flu jag stuff... It is currently being brought under consultation by the government for "frontline health and social care staff".

Now anyone that wants to claim its tinfoil hat to assume that will be subject to the same mission creep that has been a hallmark of covid response is welcome to do so.

Il just shrug my shoulders and not bother arguing with them.

https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/policies-and-guidance/consultation-announced-on-mandatory-covid-19-and-flu-vaccination-for-nhs-staff-09-09-2021/

Gillian Mackay of the Scottish Greens sets out the reasons behind her party's backing of vaccine passports after "hoping" it would not be a necessary measure.

She says Scotland is "on the brink" of reimposing restrictions and cites health boards that have stopped certain procedures due to Covid pressure.

Ms Mackay asks Mr Swinney to divulge if there has been any more uptake of the vaccination among young people since last week and argues for more encouragement for these age groups to get jagged.

She says the passport scheme does not appear to have increased vaccine hesitancy, but says she "implores" health boards to reach out to groups that have already expressed concerns.

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Gillian Mackay of the Scottish Greens sets out the reasons behind her party's backing of vaccine passports after "hoping" it would not be a necessary measure.

She says Scotland is "on the brink" of reimposing restrictions and cites health boards that have stopped certain procedures due to Covid pressure.

Ms Mackay asks Mr Swinney to divulge if there has been any more uptake of the vaccination among young people since last week and argues for more encouragement for these age groups to get jagged.

She says the passport scheme does not appear to have increased vaccine hesitancy, but says she "implores" health boards to reach out to groups that have already expressed concerns.

What would this achieve? it would be utterly nonsensical to allow a "wave" to reach it's natural peak and peter out and then look to tighten things up. If there are going to be hospitalisations and deaths from it, then the majority of those people will have already caught Covid - shutting things down now won't prevent that.

Hospitals aren't having to stop procedures because of Covid pressure - they are struggling to meet demand because they have a number of staff members who aren't ill being prevented from coming to work, and having to set aside room for people coming into hospital for a number of reasons to wait until their test comes back to see if they are 'ill'

There's a very simple solution to all of this - but we can't do it because we have paralysed people by fear into thinking it's still March 2020.

Untitled.png

Victory for the football accounts. 

22 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Gillian Mackay of the Scottish Greens sets out the reasons behind her party's backing of vaccine passports... 

Two Ministerial posts.

That's it. 

Edited by Michael W

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Re the mandatory flu jag stuff... It is currently being brought under consultation by the government for "frontline health and social care staff".

Now anyone that wants to claim its tinfoil hat to assume that will be subject to the same mission creep that has been a hallmark of covid response is welcome to do so.

Il just shrug my shoulders and not bother arguing with them.

https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/policies-and-guidance/consultation-announced-on-mandatory-covid-19-and-flu-vaccination-for-nhs-staff-09-09-2021/

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect frontline hospital and care home staff to be vaccinated for both flu and covid when offered.

Godley advert axed due to offensive tweets and the need to not undermine trust in public health messaging

image.png.2f6621e8fd55770cdbeade5c39c0eb1c.png

Good job no high profile politicians making the decisions those public health messages are based on have any connections with her then...

image.png.5aac4b52414ebb2a597ba4ba3d7ac051.png

Edited by Todd_is_God

Why are cases so much higher in Scotland than around Europe? Why is Scotland at 800/100k where as other European countries are down in the 60-80s?
Because were skanks ?

Tongue in cheek but you only need to see the number of clatty b*****ds that walk out a toilet without washing their hands (it was literally 50/50 I would have estimated at the last home game) to get some idea. I have no idea why that is so prevalent up here as it's not something I have generally noticed outside of this country.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Godley advert axed due to offensive tweets and the need to not undermine trust in public health messaging

image.png.2f6621e8fd55770cdbeade5c39c0eb1c.png

Good job no high profile politicians making the decisions those public health messages are based on have any connections with her then...

image.png.f7b4b4a6178880e9993c850fbc9a7277.png

Carlsberg Thursdays. 

22 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Why are cases so much higher in Scotland than around Europe? Why is Scotland at 800/100k where as other European countries are down in the 60-80s?

These are the questions that the public health experts should be looking at going forward.  What are the environmental, social, health and economic factors that have made the UK susceptible?  Why have the rates in Scotland and the rest of the UK diverged so much (I know we have had schools open longer)?  

The scheme will require a person seeking entry to certain venues and settings to show that they have been fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means vaccinated with a MHRA recognised vaccine in line with the MHRA recommended number of doses for the vaccine used and two weeks has passed for the vaccine to take effect 

Taken from here - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-mandatory-vaccine-certification/

As someone aged 18+ who can’t get their second dose until the 28th of September I’m absolutely fizzing about this. I’m already unhappy at the law being passed for ethical reasons but this totally fucks me over.

Already bought tickets for the Scotland game only 11 days after my second vaccine. Does this mean I won’t be allowed to go? Through no fault of my own.

I cannot stress this enough, f**k this government. 

Absolutely delighted I cancelled my Green Party membership, clearly shown they don’t have any backbone and don’t stand by the views that they supposedly have.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Possibly an exaggeration.

At a £25 average spend that's a loss of 60,000 supporters . Given even 20 home games left they reckon 3000 a game (over 20% of home support) will be excluded and that excludes already banked ST income. Utter nonsense from the woolly ones.

Cormack is an utter bullshitter.  Average crowd is around 13,500 and approx 9,500 season tickets already paid for.  So he believes that about 75% of "casual" fans won't turn up due to vaccine passports...what a joke. Must be around 90%+ of this support already double jagged so why wouldnt they do the simple thing and carry a certificate on their phone.

I said earlier today that I am going to a conference in London later this month and need prooof of vaccination - went to NHS Scotland website and two mins later the certificate pdf was on my phone....however, things took a sinister turn and both Marshmallo and Oaksoft red-dotted my positive post...and just like that my day was ruined.

16 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Taken from here - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-mandatory-vaccine-certification/

As someone aged 18+ who can’t get their second dose until the 28th of September I’m absolutely fizzing about this. I’m already unhappy at the law being passed for ethical reasons but this totally fucks me over.

Already bought tickets for the Scotland game only 11 days after my second vaccine. Does this mean I won’t be allowed to go? Through no fault of my own.

I cannot stress this enough, f**k this government. 

Absolutely delighted I cancelled my Green Party membership, clearly shown they don’t have any backbone and don’t stand by the views that they supposedly have.

You should be able to bring forward your second jag by a few days?