Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

Here’s the rub though, I had a drink in T5 Heathrow, same pub chain, no track and trace , nothing at all.

That's because Heathrow is in England.

34 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

This has maybe been addressed elsewhere in the thread, but has there been any clarity on what will happen for people like myself who were vaccinated in England but now living in Scotland? I’ve had to move back home for family reasons and I’ll absolutely go insane if I’m unable to enjoy a night out or big football match from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

league of legends caster jun GIF by lolesports

2nd banger of Moderna just penetrated into me.

First one hit me like a bus so hopefully this is more like a Mini Cooper.

Mentioned before I won’t be “fully vaccinated” in time for Scotland Israel but I have one of my mates’ vaccine passports on my phone in case I get checked but by the sounds of things it’s gonna be a total shambles and I probably won’t get asked anyway.

43 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

This has maybe been addressed elsewhere in the thread, but has there been any clarity on what will happen for people like myself who were vaccinated in England but now living in Scotland? I’ve had to move back home for family reasons and I’ll absolutely go insane if I’m unable to enjoy a night out or big football match from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll sell you my passport as I only go to Dumbarton games and nightclubs aren't my thing. I'm open to bids. 

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average   341.5 to 350.9 up 2.75%, England  313.7 to 324.7 up 3.51%, Wales 639.0 to 656.4 up 2.72%, Northern Ireland   417.9 to 415.5 down 0.57%    Scotland 409.4 to 399.5 down 2.42%

Wave 4 continues to surge in England & Wales.  Wales streaking clear now as the worlds covid hotspot.  Top 10 councils in UK all in wales.

Deaths 167.  England 141, Scotland 16, Wales 6, NI 4.

30 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

2nd banger of Moderna just penetrated into me.

First one hit me like a bus so hopefully this is more like a Mini Cooper.

Mentioned before I won’t be “fully vaccinated” in time for Scotland Israel but I have one of my mates’ vaccine passports on my phone in case I get checked but by the sounds of things it’s gonna be a total shambles and I probably won’t get asked anyway.

You should still be able to download the app on Thursday showing you've been double vaxxed, not sure how obvious the dates will be.

Long overdue. It’ll be interesting to see the reaction if it begins to paint some hospitals in a bad light, if they are having outbreaks or high levels of infection after admission.

It's not really going to show that, it's more going to separate out the people admitted for being hit by a bus three weeks after having covid from people who are admitted with covid infection.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

At last hospital admission to be separated into with Covid cases and those testing positive after being admitted for some other reason.

Are they going to also give daily numbers of how many admitted to hospital due to covid were unvaccinated? Obviously, if everybody was vaccinated, they would make up all the admissions. But if you can see the split between admissions due to covid as a percentage of the vaccinated and as a percentage of the unvaccinated, that would be useful.
Unless they show only those admitted due to covid in the numbers, the split between vaccinated and unvaccinated people with covid in hospital isn’t helpful.

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

Are they going to also give daily numbers of how many admitted to hospital due to covid were unvaccinated? Obviously, if everybody was vaccinated, they would make up all the admissions. But if you can see the split between admissions due to covid as a percentage of the vaccinated and as a percentage of the unvaccinated, that would be useful.
Unless they show only those admitted due to covid in the numbers, the split between vaccinated and unvaccinated people with covid in hospital isn’t helpful.

On the radio this morning was the woman (whose name I forget) from NHS Grampian who is a regular on there. She said that two thirds of ICU patients were unvaccinated in her area. 

I see there is a report on the BBC website saying Scotland is "nudging towards herd immunity". Another nail in the coffin for the "need" for vaccine passports along with plummeting cases/deaths. There was maybe a time they would have been semi useful about 6 months ago to open things up as normal, but considering we've had full stadiums for nearly 2 months now this all looks a bit like "we care more than the Tories" than anything remotely productive in keeping people "sAfE!!!"

54 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's not really going to show that, it's more going to separate out the people admitted for being hit by a bus three weeks after having covid from people who are admitted with covid infection.

There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to follow this division of admissions through to ICU and death figures. 

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:
A delay in introducing vaccine passports. What a suprise emoji849.png the SG gets more and more tinpot as the weeks go on

I thought anything that delayed passports would please you ?

Finding anything that pleases him has proved elusive.

21 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to follow this division of admissions through to ICU and death figures. 

It's not always easy to attribute death to a single cause. Like you have underlying heart trouble and you catch Covid and your heart pops. 

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Since the figures started that has been counted as a Covid death. 

Yes, a covid related death. I thought you suggested they could isolate the cause of death.

Edited by welshbairn