Coronavirus (COVID-19)

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Usually if I'm trying to coerce someone into doing something I don't tell them I'm trying to coerce them into doing something, it sort of gives the game away.

The game has been given away.

From the speech yesterday - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-statement-28-september-2021/

"The Government remains of the view that a targeted certification scheme does have a part to play in driving vaccination rates up as high as possible"

Sure I've also seen similar quotes before.

10 minutes ago, Left Back said:

The game has been given away.

From the speech yesterday - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-statement-28-september-2021/

"The Government remains of the view that a targeted certification scheme does have a part to play in driving vaccination rates up as high as possible"

Sure I've also seen similar quotes before.

Not sure what oaksoft has an issue with then. 

You picked the data which suited your argument and then stopped right there.
That's why you didn't go back more than a week.
You're embarrassing yourself now.
Just for you Oaky I found this. I didn't "pick" anything I only found data for the last week as that was all I was looking for and that was specifically because Elixir had days earlier poo pooed another poster for quoting "non current" comparative figures on another issue. No one was "embarrassing" them selves either. Typical hyperbolic nonsense. Screenshot_20210929-124812_Chrome.jpg

Sorry im absolutely confused as f**k as to what people are arguing about now?
I think Oaky is too. He jumped into the discussion that Elixir started by suggesting we are not where Norway are in easing restrictions because we are testing too much. My "embarrassment " in Oaky's eyes was "selectively" quoting the most recent figures only (I only looked back a week) for tests in Norway which showed the were testing just us much if not more than we are.

I basically should have used the figures from weeks ago despite Norway removing their restrictions eh....this week [emoji2957]

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

She is saying passports have a part to play in upping vaccination rates.

In fact, it's the sole reason for vaccine passports.

She should be honest about that and stop treating people like idiots.

You're very much in old man shouting at cloud territory, oaky. 

Ben Garrison, the weirdo American cartoonist famous for drawing pictures of Donald Trump with a rippling six pack and renowned anti vaxxer, has confirmed he has COVID. Apparently he is self medicating using Ivermectin. Could be interesting to see how this one pans out.

Daily Summary for @oaksoft :   Deaths 28 (16 day before),  ICU cases 71 down from  73  (8 new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid  1007 down from 1027 (122 new admissions).  

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines   4,785 to 1,827 ,  2nd vaccines  2,771 to 2,493 

Daily Cases Update: 19 days in a row of falls now with another  drop of 2.75% to 388.5 and I expect a larger fall tomorrow. Infectivity falling almost daily albeit slowly now to 8.7%

Kilmarnock South Central & Caprington currently the plague central of Scotland at 2,249 per 100K.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 20th September to 26th September  were 21,834 to 21,233 down 2.75%, Positivity was 8.8% now 8.7%.  Cases per 100K were 399.5 now 388.5

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average 350.9 to 354.2 up 0.94%, England  324.7 to 330.0 up 1.63%, Wales 656.4 to 654.8 down 0.24%, Northern Ireland   415.5 to 411.0 down 1.09% 

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 539.8 (weekly change -3%), Romania 272.4 (weekly up 61%), Croatia 193.5 (weekly -4%), Ireland  185.4 (Weekly  up 1%), Moldova 181.5 (Weekly up 1%),  Bulgaria 163.2 (Weekly -2%),  These are the only countries over 155 cases per 100K.

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1), Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

South Ayrshire  570.7 to 585.0 Ayrshire takes the top 2 spots.

East Ayrshire  597.9 to 582.2  Only dodged top spot due to its neighbour.

West Dunbartonshire   615.8 to 578.4  Down over 6% as finally moving.

West Lothian  517.4 to 519.0  Still rising

Dundee City   502.6 to 508.0

North Lanarkshire   514.7 to 501.8  

North Ayrshire  485.7 to 473.0

Fife   474.4 to 459.7

Clackmannanshire   464.0 to 458.2  

Falkirk 458.4 to 454.0

East Dunbartonshire  469.9 to 426.7  Huge 9% drop

Renfrewshire   440.4 to 418.1 

South Lanarkshire  431.1 to 409.9

Perth & Kinross   402.2 to 399.6  

BELOW AVERAGE

Midlothian   387.5 to 386.5

East Renfrewshire 389.3 to 383.1

Glasgow City  398.7 to 379.1  Continues to plummet down the chart. Another 5%

Aberdeenshire  386.1 to 378.1

Inverclyde  389.3 to 375.0

Stirling   376.3 to 372.0 

Dumfries & Galloway  348.0 to 343.9

Argyll & Bute 340.6 to 326.6

Aberdeen City  328.3 to 319.1  

Angus  293.6 to 302.2

City Of Edinburgh 290.0 to 278.8

East Lothian    264.1  to 256.7

Scottish  Borders   229.1 to 220.4

Moray  214.2 to 213.1

Western Isles  184.9 to 192.5

Highlands    199.2 to 192.0

Orkney Islands    89.3 to 84.8  

Shetland Islands    48.1 to 56.8

Edited by superbigal

Somebody in my kid's class has got it so we got a letter.

Dear Parents and Carers,

In recent days we have been made aware of a member of our school community in P7* who has tested positive for COVID-19. This letter is to inform you that your child has been identified as having been in ‘low risk’ contact with this person. This means they may have shared a classroom or had some other low risk contact in school.

There is no need for your child to isolate unless contacted separately by Test and Protect and asked to do so. School remains open and your child should continue to attend if they are well.

The public health judgement that these types of contact are low risk is based on a range of factors, including vaccination rates, evidence about transmission from children and young people, and the low risk of direct health harms to children.

Please be reassured that for most people coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness. Children are at particularly low risk of illness from coronavirus infection. For those people who are eligible, vaccination is highly effective at preventing severe disease.

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

She is saying passports have a part to play in upping vaccination rates.

In fact, it's the sole reason for vaccine passports.

She should be honest about that and stop treating people like idiots.

I would tend to agree with this. 

Having two jags in March and May does not make me immune to Covid so presenting a letter or QR code to get into a venue in October is really quite irrelevant to public safety. 

I don't take the annual flu jag and I wouldn't have rushed for a Covid one either if it wasn't apparent a while back that vaccination was going to be required for foreign travel, with close family abroad it was pretty much get done or don't expect to see them for a while. So in that regard i do consider myself to have been coerced into getting vaccinated. 

In terms of treating people like idiots this has been the case since last March, there have been many ludicrous rules but being able to meet my parents in a restaurant but not in each others houses was a highlight as was paying £200 to keep Scotland safe on our return from holiday, only problem was Scotland had a case rate 6 times higher. 

Surely there is no one out there who does not think that to one extent or another we are being played by our politicans? 

19 minutes ago, RiG said:

Ben Garrison, the weirdo American cartoonist famous for drawing pictures of Donald Trump with a rippling six pack and renowned anti vaxxer, has confirmed he has COVID. Apparently he is self medicating using Ivermectin. Could be interesting to see how this one pans out.

a88f6ec68b64764589608f3ab6b08bbf.jpg

Garrison says he’d never visit a hospital to treat his covid-19. (Last week, NBC News reported that anti-vaccine Facebook groups have been influencing members to not seek hospital treatment for covid-19 and even instructed them to pull their sick family members out of ICU.)

“I would never go to a hospital with Covid. Robert David Steele did it a few weeks ago and they killed him. The hospitals get extra money for Covid death reports, which is necessary to keep fear ramped up,” Garrison claimed in an email to Gizmodo.

The man Garrison is referring to, Robert David Steele, was a conspiracy theorist who frequently appeared on InfoWars with Alex Jones. The 69-year-old Steele believed some incredibly bizarre things, including that NASA had imprisoned children on Mars to work as slaves. Steele, who claimed to be a former CIA officer, reportedly died of covid-19 in August.

9 minutes ago, ddfg said:

I would tend to agree with this. 

Having two jags in March and May does not make me immune to Covid so presenting a letter or QR code to get into a venue in October is really quite irrelevant to public safety. 

I don't take the annual flu jag and I wouldn't have rushed for a Covid one either if it wasn't apparent a while back that vaccination was going to be required for foreign travel, with close family abroad it was pretty much get done or don't expect to see them for a while. So in that regard i do consider myself to have been coerced into getting vaccinated. 

In terms of treating people like idiots this has been the case since last March, there have been many ludicrous rules but being able to meet my parents in a restaurant but not in each others houses was a highlight as was paying £200 to keep Scotland safe on our return from holiday, only problem was Scotland had a case rate 6 times higher. 

Surely there is no one out there who does not think that to one extent or another we are being played by our politicans? 

There's a subtle difference here.  A vaccine passport being required for foreign travel is going to be imposed by the country you're visiting, not the SG.  Nothing the SG can do to prevent that so they aren't really coercing you if that's the sole reason you got vaccinated.

Domestic vaccine passports is a different matter and is coercion by the SG.  Doesn't seem to be making any significant difference to vaccination rates at the moment though.

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

There's a subtle difference here.  A vaccine passport being required for foreign travel is going to be imposed by the country you're visiting, not the SG.  Nothing the SG can do to prevent that so they aren't really coercing you if that's the sole reason you got vaccinated.

Domestic vaccine passports is a different matter and is coercion by the SG.  Doesn't seem to be making any significant difference to vaccination rates at the moment though.

I would have had to get back into Scotland and didn't fancy taking any chances with a quarantine hotel. 

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average 350.9 to 354.2 up 0.94%, England  324.7 to 330.0 up 1.63%, Wales 656.4 to 654.8 down 0.24%, Northern Ireland   415.5 to 411.0 down 1.09%    Scotland 399.5 to 388.5 down 2.74%

Wave 4 continues in England.    Perhaps Wales has now hit their peak as 1st drop in a while. NI continues to drop.  Scotland now lowest in UK again.

Deaths 150.  England 111, Scotland 28, Wales 9, NI 2.

Since we are less than 48 days away from the debut of the surveillance state does anyone know if the SG have said anything about what actually happens when your QR code is scanned this weekend.

Is it just a case of the QR code being recognised as legitimate or is there also a record made of who/where/when on a central database?

2 hours ago, RiG said:

It would be awful if he died.  Absolutely terrible.