Coronavirus (COVID-19)

32 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Yeah, the booze ban is just a Scotrail thing. I'm guessing that Avanti, Transpennine Express etc. will probably still encourage masks between here and the border, though.

You “have to” wear them between here and the border.  They encourage you to wear them after that.  On the way back up the road you get an announcement when you cross back into Scotland about the nanny state rules requiring masks.

31 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Your off on a totally different tangent again. I'm not claiming we need any mitigations nor did I ever mention the NHS. You yourself posted this week that quoting historical data was pointless hence I quoted this last weeks comparison. I can see no reason why testing would suddenly have surged in Norway and I didn't look beyond a week. For the umpteen time Norway / Denmark have removed their restrictions simply because they are in a position to do so in relation to the key measures ie hospialisation, ICU and deaths. If / when we reach their levels I would expect we will follow suit. What part of that you cant / wont grasp I'm not sure. I'm not advocating restrictions as you keep banging on about, I don't see anyone on here doing that. Your constant whining that we are "testing too much" leading to continued high case rates and hence continued restrictions is a total Trumpian strawman. It's nonsense.

It looks pretty clear just from glancing at Norway's number of tests and positive cases over the past few months that they are both roughly a quarter to a third that of Scotland, so no great surprise.

The only straw man is coming from yourself. I'm not doubting that they have binned them when things are looking good. But err, things have been looking good here and south of the border for months, just because we have more cases and hospitalisations doesn't change the equation for having nonsensical restrictions when it's well within healthcare capacity.

Denmark literally had a roadmap outlined many months in advance tied to vaccination uptake for binning masks and their green pass, so the pant wetting we see in Scotland over cases simply wouldn't have ever been a thing over there - regardless of any sPiKeS.

15 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's not weird at all. 

As you can see, people's experiences are different in different parts of the country. I really didn't see a huge difference between Scotland and England...aside from all customers in shops in Scotland wearing masks as opposed to around 30-40% in shops in York. 

Like f**k are 30-40% of people in England wearing masks when they don’t have to.  Any claims they are are bullshit.  Saw the odd mask at the weekend.  It was such a rarity it stood out.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Like f**k are 30-40% of people in England wearing masks when they don’t have to.  Any claims they are are bullshit.  Saw the odd mask at the weekend.  It was such a rarity it stood out.

You obviously didn't take the time to read my post in your need to come on here and spout rabid shite. 

I said that quite obviously, people's experiences are different. I posted mine. 

If you don't want to believe that, because it doesn't fit your narrow minded, blinkered opinions, that's too bad. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You obviously didn't take the time to read my post in your need to come on here and spout rabid shite. 

I said that quite obviously, people's experiences are different. I posted mine. 

If you don't want to believe that, because it doesn't fit your narrow minded, blinkered opinions, that's too bad. 

I speak from my own experiences of being in England.  I also speak daily with colleagues, friends and family all over England.  Mask wearing is pretty much universally binned except where fuds have kept it as conditions of carriage on public transport in places like London.

You’re an apologist for mask wearers and have been pushing this agenda for a while.  You’e probably only a can away from having another full on meltdown tonight now you’ve been called out again.

FWIW I've been in Manchester since May and mask usage dropped off like a cliff in July everywhere bar the trams. Shop staff wear them and a few folk here and there but it's nowhere close to 30/40%. When it comes to events I've seen literally one person shove a mask on staff and revellers included.

Edited by NotThePars

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/28/covid-37-of-people-have-symptoms-six-months-after-infection

37 per cent sounds like a large figure until you look at all the complete fucking nonsense symptoms being cited in this study without any scrutiny.

15% of long Covid respondents cited 'anxiety and depression' as a long-term symptom caused by a bog-standard respiratory virus. 

b7f.gif.9ccbb69c6ad5051c0c5cf578a7008bc8.gif

Perhaps if they stopped malingering about their big, bad Covid experience all day long, they might find their mental health miraculously clearing up as well! 

Edited by vikingTON

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I speak from my own experiences of being in England.  I also speak daily with colleagues, friends and family all over England.  Mask wearing is pretty much universally binned except where fuds have kept it as conditions of carriage on public transport in places like London.

You’re an apologist for mask wearers and have been pushing this agenda for a while.  You’e probably only a can away from having another full on meltdown tonight now you’ve been called out again.

Find a post that backs that up son, or shut up.

I just find it hilarious showing up you moonhowlers and internet warriors. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

12 minutes ago, Left Back said:

You’e probably only a can away from having another full on meltdown tonight now you’ve been called out again.

5 minutes later

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Find a post that backs that up son, or shut up.

I just find it hilarious showing up you moonhowlers and internet warriors. 

image.png.9e9772fc977a9a1aa93300faadce67de.png

11 hours ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/28/covid-37-of-people-have-symptoms-six-months-after-infection

37 per cent sounds like a large figure until you look at all the complete fucking nonsense symptoms being cited in this study without any scrutiny.

15% of long Covid respondents cited 'anxiety and depression' as a long-term symptom caused by a bog-standard respiratory virus. 

b7f.gif.9ccbb69c6ad5051c0c5cf578a7008bc8.gif

Perhaps if they stopped malingering about their big, bad Covid experience all day long, they might find their mental health miraculously clearing up as well! 

Also states that it's 50% more common than long term symptoms of flu - that relative difference sounds ok but IF the absolute figures are correct, it does question why there is no issue with 25% of those with flu having long term symptoms.

1 hour ago, true_rover said:

Also states that it's 50% more common than long term symptoms of flu - that relative difference sounds ok but IF the absolute figures are correct, it does question why there is no issue with 25% of those with flu having long term symptoms.

Most people are probably OK with it as they view the flu as something which mainly kills a few older people, and for the majority, its not that serious. In short, most people really don't care about the flu, and aren't concerned about catching it.

The fact that the reaction and attitude is so different to a virus with a very similar death pattern is a great example of the effect media and government officials bombarding the public with messaging for 18 months can have.

13 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's not weird at all. 

As you can see, people's experiences are different in different parts of the country. I really didn't see a huge difference between Scotland and England...aside from all customers in shops in Scotland wearing masks as opposed to around 30-40% in shops in York. 

You're so close to getting it. 

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

She could actually tell the truth and admit they are being used SOLELY to coerce people into getting the vaccine.

Usually if I'm trying to coerce someone into doing something I don't tell them I'm trying to coerce them into doing something, it sort of gives the game away.