Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Belgium requires Digital identity to request Vaccine status.  Denmark also does as we used their APP.

As most EU countries also have Digital ID cards for over 12s, I would be astonished if what you are suggesting that identity is not digitally verified  is the norm.

I think he understands that. The question was, given that, how likely is it that a paper copy from NHS Scotland (which can be obtained without proving identity) would be accepted as valid proof abroad.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I wonder if it ever occured to you to step back and laugh at how ludicrous all this is.

Having to have someone's "permission" to go from one part of a rocky planet to another.

And then tolerating a situation where everyone artificially and completely needlessly decides to print their own version of money.

Seriously, just take a step back and think about how ludicrous this all sounds.

And not only does nobody ever question any of it, the very suggestion that it's ludicrous is met with perplexed gazes.

You can't beat humans for utter stupidity.

I need permission to go in my sons bedroom now mate 😉

20 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Belgium requires Digital identity to request Vaccine status.  Denmark also does as we used their APP.

As most EU countries also have Digital ID cards for over 12s, I would be astonished if what you are suggesting that identity is not digitally verified  is the norm.

Why have you done this? 

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I wonder if it ever occured to you to step back and laugh at how ludicrous all this is.

Having to have someone's "permission" to go from one part of a rocky planet to another. (1)

And then tolerating a situation where everyone artificially and completely needlessly decides to print their own version of money.(2)

Seriously, just take a step back and think about how ludicrous this all sounds.

And not only does nobody ever question any of it, the very suggestion that it's ludicrous is met with perplexed gazes.

You can't beat humans for utter stupidity.

1. You mean borders? Fairly well established concept, I think you'll agree.

2. Currency, and exchange rates between different versions of same, are also hardly innovative.

Oh, btw, you come on that "part of a rocky planet" which I hold the deeds for, you'd better ask for permission.

(note to self: make this the last on this thread today, before Oaky drags you down to his level of nonsense and beats you with experience)

25 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I think he understands that. The question was, given that, how likely is it that a paper copy from NHS Scotland (which can be obtained without proving identity) would be accepted as valid proof abroad.

You could also be in the situation where the paper copy issued by NHS Scotland doesn’t exactly match the name on your passport (which seems to be why digital validation is failing).  Would that also be a knock back?

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:

1. You mean borders? Fairly well established concept, I think you'll agree.

2. Currency, and exchange rates between different versions of same, are also hardly innovative.

Oh, btw, you come on that "part of a rocky planet" which I hold the deeds for, you'd better ask for permission.

(note to self: make this the last on this thread today, before Oaky drags you down to his level of nonsense and beats you with experience)

Contactless payment really could learn a lot from carrying around a couple of poached pheasants and a copper ingot in your pocket imho.

On 12/09/2021 at 20:01, Todd_is_God said:

Whilst it now looks to be over the peak, cases in Scotland rocketed because easing co-incided with schools returning. Something BJ was keen to avoid, but NS appears to have failed to consider when maintaining the care more stance of not easing anything before England.

England had a short wave when they removed restrictions, which was all but over before schools restarted. They might get a wee bounce from schools going back, but the adult part of the wave is done.

image.png.3ffda4e56627a050e0d83b630466e4cd.png

20211004_171527.jpg

Screenshot_20211004-171731_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20211004-171824_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

To go to a nightclub or the football?
You know my views on vaccine passports so what I am going to say is not a defence of them.

There are numerous examples of disccrimatory practices across the world in relation to hospitality. For example, in Greece you need to be double-jagged jag to go in a bar or restaurant. In Holland, only the European Digital Coronavirus Certificate is recognised for getting into restaurants, cafes, sporting venues and theatres - tourists from other countries are not be able to use their domestic Covid apps but have to have an LFT within the previous 24 hours. I could go on.

We are not unique.

I’m asking about Scotland but you can probably see where I’m going.  EU seems like it has a process for validating identity if it isn’t being done digitally.  We seem to have hee-haw.  Unless your identity has been validated to an acceptable level will our paper copies even be valid in Europe?

As was explained to you this morning there is a Data Protection issue with Digital apps and paper certificates that is part of Westminster's reserved powers.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon if the rumours are true.

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You know my views on vaccine passports so what I am going to say is not a defence of them.

There are numerous examples of disccrimatory practices across the world in relation to hospitality. For example, in Greece you need to be double-jagged jag to go in a bar or restaurant. In Holland, only the European Digital Coronavirus Certificate is recognised for getting into restaurants, cafes, sporting venues and theatres - tourists from other countries are not be able to use their domestic Covid apps but have to have an LFT within the previous 24 hours. I could go on.

We are not unique.

And hopefully on Feta & Ouzo they are also complaining, but this is a Scottish website so naturally people will be complaining about things affecting the Scottish population. The fact that similarly shite things are happening abroad shouldn’t be a reason to not complain about our own situation.

20 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

We are not unique.

That sounds like a defence of them to me tbh.

And hopefully on Feta & Ouzo they are also complaining, but this is a Scottish website so naturally people will be complaining about things affecting the Scottish population. The fact that similarly shite things are happening abroad shouldn’t be a reason to not complain about our own situation.
No issues with complaining as I did when domestic vaccine passports were announced.

But we shouldn't try to kid ourselves that this is somehow unique to Scotland as some here have tried to do.

That sounds like a defence of them to me tbh.

Like it or not we aren't alone in having unnecessary domestic restrictions.

If you are campaigning against restrictions then you have to be prepared to counter the "it happens in other countries" argument.

Covering your eyes and pretending it isn't happening elsewhere or ignoring it happening elsewhere isn't going to win the argument.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Like it or not we aren't alone in having unnecessary domestic restrictions.

If you are campaigning against restrictions then you have to be prepared to counter the "it happens in other countries" argument.

Covering your eyes and pretending it isn't happening elsewhere isn't going to win the argument.

Arguing that a shite idea is

"ok because somewhere else also does it"

is a dreadful argument.

Other countries have had vaccine passports in place for some time, and used them to re-open. Some have even stopped using them now.

We are open, and have been for 2 months. The onus is on the SG to explain and justify why we need them now (against a backdrop of plummeting cases) when we didn't 2 months ago, not the other way round.

To the best of my knowledge, other than the rather odd "it's either this or close nightclubs," I haven't seen any effort from the SG to explain or justify their introduction.

Edited by Todd_is_God

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No issues with complaining as I did when domestic vaccine passports were announced.

But we shouldn't try to kid ourselves that this is somehow unique to Scotland as some here have tried to do.

I haven’t seen these, could you quote them?

Arguing that a shite idea is
"ok because somewhere else also does it"
is a dreadful argument.
Other countries have had vaccine passports in place for some time, and used them to re-open. Some have even stopped using them now.
We are open, and have been for 2 months. The onus is on the SG to explain and justify why we need them now (against a backdrop of plummeting cases) when we didn't 2 months ago, not the other way round.

Unfortunately we are dealing with 4 governments who will use a shite argument to back up their argument.

Counter the fallacy of the shite argument, don't ignore it.

So 18 months of on and off lockdowns and border closures is now starting to bite. Who could have thought this would turn out to be a total disaster of a policy decision.

Remember though - 'Experts' and 'The Science.'

46 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As was explained to you this morning there is a Data Protection issue with Digital apps and paper certificates that is part of Westminster's reserved powers.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon if the rumours are true.

Data protection is nothing to do with the question I asked.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Unfortunately we are dealing with 4 governments who will use a shite argument to back up their argument.

We're not, though. One of those 4 governments are almost at the Global forefront of ditching restrictions and returning to normal.