Coronavirus (COVID-19)

We're not, though. One of those 4 governments are almost at the Global forefront of ditching restrictions and returning to normal.
The only reason they ditched domestic vaccine passports is that their own backbenchers kicked up a fuss - that was just 6 weeks ago - I personally trust the fekkers as far as I could throw them given their previous u-turns.

We don't have the pressure of backbenchers because we have a compliant opposition and backbenchers of the ruling party who are supine.

Any opposition to restrictions has to come from outside the Scottish Parliament because MSPs are not going to provide it.

The crux of the SNPs existence is to argue that we don't have to do things the same way as other countries (one in particular) and should be free to chart our own course, so they of all people can't really point to "but look its happening elsewhere too. Every SINGLE restriction (using the word restriction but perhaps measure may be more suitable) impacting on our lives should be justified and backed up by absolute scientific neccessity. We are the pont of mission creep again and waving stuff like domestic vaccine passports through because other countries have similar is no argument at all. 

Inconveniently for their supporters, the last couple of months have been ill timed in showing just how unnecessary and pointless they are. 

Data protection is nothing to do with the question I asked.
You're dealing with QR codes - you are.

QR codes rely on infrastructure hosted by NHSX and shared with other countries by the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office FCODO.

Our vaccine certificate isn't as independent as you would think.

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You're dealing with QR codes - you are.

QR codes rely on infrastructure hosted by NHSX and shared with other countries by the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office FCODO.

Our vaccine certificate isn't as independent as you would think.

Irrelevant to the question about whether our Scottish paper (or digital come to that) covid certificates are accepted abroad.  You can have all the data protection you like but if Europe aren’t accepting the ID verification (or non-verification) process it’s game over.

The verification process for the Scottish vaccine passport is nothing to do with Westminster.  Are you really trying to say Westminster is responsible for something independently “developed” and implemented by SG as part of health, which is devolved?

From the users perspective any GDPR concerns are nothing to do with Westminster or NHSX.  NHS Scotland is the information processor as that’s who you supply your information to and are therefore entirely responsible for data protection.

Westminster might be responsible for producing GDPR legislation that allows us to share information with Europe.  Individual processors are accountable for following the legislation.

Irrelevant to the question about whether our Scottish paper (or digital come to that) covid certificates are accepted abroad.  You can have all the data protection you like but if Europe aren’t accepting the ID verification (or non-verification) process it’s game over.
The verification process for the Scottish vaccine passport is nothing to do with Westminster.  Are you really trying to say Westminster is responsible for something independently “developed” and implemented by SG as part of health, which is devolved?
From the users perspective any GDPR concerns are nothing to do with Westminster or NHSX.  NHS Scotland is the information processor as that’s who you supply your information to and are therefore entirely responsible for data protection.
Westminster might be responsible for producing GDPR legislation that allows us to share information with Europe.  Individual processors are accountable for following the legislation.

8f5e5dfc6518390a1438d10028758257.jpg

For all youz out their that want to know about the vaccince cocktail.

Yesterday, I had my second vaccine AZ, the first was Sinovac.

After the Sinovac I only had a sleepless night, that was it.

Yesterday 11:30 was my injection time, all good at the time, however by 16:00 I started to get a headache, by 21:00 I was in my bed with headache and muscle pains all over.

Very restless night, with a crazy dream thrown in - my mother and father (who both have been dead for 30 years), were fighting out in the street, as my dad was trying to sell all the tyres off the car. At this time, I was fighting a old friend, who was about 5 yo, he had a flick knife. I was trying to protect my 2 younger kids.  This all happening in the street when I was about 5 yo. 

Woke up sweating and dying for a pishe, never got back to sleep.  My arm is now aching, head and muscle aches are easing a little.

I think all is going well, I'm not dead.  

I'm sure I read that they were going to start providing data that would breakdown the hospital numbers into those in hospital being treated for Covid v those in hospital for other things but happen to test positive.

Did I make that up? If not did they set a date for when it would be available?

I'm sure I read that they were going to start providing data that would breakdown the hospital numbers into those in hospital being treated for Covid v those in hospital for other things but happen to test positive.
Did I make that up? If not did they set a date for when it would be available?

There were data released on this last week, but not sure how regularly it will happen.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Yesterday 11:30 was my injection time, all good at the time, however by 16:00 I started to get a headache, by 21:00 I was in my bed with headache and muscle pains all over.

Very restless night, with a crazy dream thrown in - my mother and father (who both have been dead for 30 years), were fighting out in the street, as my dad was trying to sell all the tyres off the car. At this time, I was fighting a old friend, who was about 5 yo, he had a flick knife. I was trying to protect my 2 younger kids.  This all happening in the street when I was about 5 yo. 

Woke up sweating and dying for a pishe, never got back to sleep.  My arm is now aching, head and muscle aches are easing a little.

Will you get a 2nd dose of AZ?

I had my 1st dose of AZ a couple of weeks ago with no side effects at all - same with the wife.  Maybe just your bad luck or a result of the cocktail of Sinovac and AZ. Anyhow, always good to be alive so all's well!

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I think you need to get the film rights to that sewn up pronto.  Bond wouldn't get a look in... just add in to the last bit that you woke up next to a bond girl and you're sorted. 

18 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Will you get a 2nd dose of AZ?

I had my 1st dose of AZ a couple of weeks ago with no side effects at all - same with the wife.  Maybe just your bad luck or a result of the cocktail of Sinovac and AZ. Anyhow, always good to be alive so all's well!

No that's me done, you only get a 3rd dose AZ if your 1st two doses were Sinovac.  I even got a little card with my name, address QR code & dates of vaccines.  In two weeks I'll be free to travel anywhere in Thailand.

That's our work "offering" a permanent solution of a third back to the office and two thirds WFH. Office workers required to 2m distance with every 2nd work station permanently removed and perspex screens to stay in place (despite recent advice they stop air circulation). Masks at all times except seated at your desk and no cloth/snood type masking allowed. Full temp check on arrival and windows open at all times. Numbers expressing an interest in returning would make foreign lorry driver visa applications look like a deluge. No more office for me albeit I have only a handful of years to go.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's our work "offering" a permanent solution of a third back to the office and two thirds WFH. Office workers required to 2m distance with every 2nd work station permanently removed and perspex screens to stay in place (despite recent advice they stop air circulation). Masks at all times except seated at your desk and no cloth/snood type masking allowed. Full temp check on arrival and windows open at all times. Numbers expressing an interest in returning would make foreign lorry driver visa applications look like a deluge. No more office for me albeit I have only a handful of years to go.

Good grief, f**k that. 

I didn't enjoy the enforced WFH every day when it was in place, but I'd take it over going back to an environment as miserable as that. 

Windows open in the depths of winter will be a right laugh. 

Another week and another letter from the primary school saying that my daughter has a low risk of contact with someone who's tested positive.

I'd say it's pretty high risk since she walks to school every day with the lass who's tested positive and went to Costa and swimming over the weekend! We all tested (LFT) last night and are all negative.

Seems to be a bit of a hotspot in Cults though. Up 77% this week,.

image.thumb.png.4d6b2ce5fc08aa0f92ae116e97c7b0ad.png

Still nowhere near Kilmarnock South Central at 1,570 per 100k.

49 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'm curious.  What's they're solution for "collaborating", i.e. getting lots of people into a meeting room.  Isn't this being touted as one of the reasons people should be going back to an office?

My company are making noises about people coming back into the office and the emails are being signed off with "The offices aren’t the same without you, so come feel and feed that office energy – the companyX Hybrid Way" 🤣

I'm curious.  What's they're solution for "collaborating", i.e. getting lots of people into a meeting room.  Isn't this being touted as one of the reasons people should be going back to an office?
My company are making noises about people coming back into the office and the emails are being signed off with "The offices aren’t the same without you, so come feel and feed that office energy – the companyX Hybrid Way" [emoji1787]
No idea zero flesh on the bones other than what was outlined. The obvious solution would be teams with the office based staff accessing from their work station rather than the office meeting room but I'm simply not interested in returning under any "conditions" so permanent WFH it will be. The office based staff will get shit on too as they will now be tasked with accessing and administering the systems deemed not suitable for access over home wifi networks. I had been on a rota to trail in for a couple of hours every 10 days to do this but no need if sone staff are now going to be present.

56 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

No idea zero flesh on the bones other than what was outlined. The obvious solution would be teams with the office based staff accessing from their work station rather than the office meeting room but I'm simply not interested in returning under any "conditions" so permanent WFH it will be. The office based staff will get shit on too as they will now be tasked with accessing and administering the systems deemed not suitable for access over home wifi networks. I had been on a rota to trail in for a couple of hours every 10 days to do this but no need if sone staff are now going to be present.

which makes it no different from WFH imo.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'm in the office one day a week normally. Helps keep on top of things as I do get easily distracted at home sometimes. We have blocks of polystyrene between everyones desk, but if you stand up you can just about make eye contact with whoever is on the other side. Similar to you, masks to be worn when walking about but not at your seat. I'm in no rush at all to come back in permanently.

which makes it no different from WFH imo.
Yes but I don't think that is the driving factor here. A third back appears to be a "concession" (we expected full WFH permanently) to those who said for various reasons they simply couldn't sustain home working. That said even some in that category are not happy at the conditions attached. The unions are puffing out their chests saying they have secured these "safety measures" to protect their members. Needless to say I along with about 60% of our staff haven't been members for years.