Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm currently back in the office every third day and it is a thoroughly bleak experience with the windows wide open and nobody else in my team being in at the same time. It is utterly Baltic in there, even with the weather in Inverness being ok for this time of year. I dread to think what it's going to be like come November/December time.

3 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm currently back in the office every third day and it is a thoroughly bleak experience with the windows wide open and nobody else in my team being in at the same time. It is utterly Baltic in there, even with the weather in Inverness being ok for this time of year. I dread to think what it's going to be like come November/December time.

Teaching in a room at 9am, with all windows/doors open is freezing. The radiators are on but makes no difference. I wear a thick jumper and the students sit in jackets and hoodies, but all frozen.

17 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Teaching in a room at 9am, with all windows/doors open is freezing. The radiators are on but makes no difference. I wear a thick jumper and the students sit in jackets and hoodies, but all frozen.

when it gets below the guidelines of 16 degrees can you not just down tools?

https://www.gov.uk/workplace-temperatures#:~:text=There's no law for minimum,for a maximum temperature limit.

https://www.hse.gov.uk/temperature/law.htm

Just now, Left Back said:

Fair point - need to take a thermometer with me tomorrow. I have one I use for testing the temperature of lattes.

11 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Think I will try that when WFH. 

Some fun with another of the Covid Apps out there.  I wonder what Jean Van De Swinney would have said if asked for comment ?

The official flag of the European Union is wrongly depicted in the CovidSafeBE app, as the 12 stars are upside down.

The error crept into the app by mistake and nobody – not even European officials – noticed,

Just shows how ludicrous the whole situation is.

Is it the same in England?

Read an article showing how 2 different universities in the same town adopted completely different approaches.

University of Sussex binned all the restrictions whilst Brighton University went the full ‘Scottish’

Im sure the unions have a lot to do with this.

Hopefully, Boris will come out with some new approaches during his conference speech.

45 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Close the windows, especially if nobody else is in. I've been working throughout this in an office which has zero windows and only 1 door, which can't stay open as it obstructs the factory floor path. f**k these stupid ventilation rules, keep yourself warm. 

43 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Akin to putting on the air con and then opening the car windows. A total waste of energy for no effect. 

Ventilation is the new masks, isn't it? 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Akin to putting on the air con and then opening the car windows. A total waste of energy for no effect. 

Ventilation is the new masks, isn't it? 

Along with CO2 monitors so they can really maximise that sweet sweet ventilation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-58790302

So no vaxx passports required for COP26. I imagine there will be no vaccination or testing requirements for any delegates entering the country either. Nice to see Sturgeon and the Scottish Government be utter hypocrites when it suits.

12 minutes ago, Elixir said:

So no vaxx passports required for COP26. I imagine there will be no vaccination or testing requirements for any delegates entering the country either. Nice to see Sturgeon and the Scottish Government be utter hypocrites when it suits.

They have to take daily LFTs to attend any of the events.

Daily Summary for @oaksoft :   Deaths 21 (0 day before),  ICU cases 65 down 2  (4 new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid  998 down 3  (208 new weekend admissions).  

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines   9,394 to 5,779  2nd vaccines  1,938 to 2,538  

Daily Cases Update: 25 days in a row of falls now with a smaller drop of 1.77% to 314.2 and I expect a further tiny fall tomorrow.  

The decrease is starting to slow and looks possibly likely to stall around 250. This may be the new normal for now.  Seems a little odd in light of tiny numbers in Spain, France & Italy etc.  The signs are pointing to this as lower down the table councils just keep starting to rise again. 

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 26th September to 2nd October  were 17,481 to 17,172 down 1.77%, Positivity was 7.9% now 7.9%.  Cases per 100K were 319.8 now 314.2

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average  355.7 to 348.4 down 2.05%, England  340.0 to 337.6 down 0.71%, Wales 594.1 to 535.5 down 9.86%, Northern Ireland   406.5 to 403.3 down 0.79%

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 565.8 (weekly change up 8%), Romania 389.6 (weekly up 56%), Croatia 216.3 (weekly up 12%), Moldova 205.5 (Weekly up 12%), Bulgaria 194.7 (Weekly up 24%),  Ireland  175.7 (Weekly  -4%),  These are the only countries over 150 cases per 100K.   

At the other end.   Poland 20.9, Spain 29.4, Italy 35.3, France 49.8, Germany 64.1 of the big fish.

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1), Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

West Lothian   478.2 to 464.6

North Lanarkshire  434.7 to 433.3 

Falkirk  411.1 to 404.8  Fairly climbing up to 3rd in the table @Bairnardo   @Marshmallo possibly due to all cases in @Gaz  household.

South Ayrshire   418.2 to 402.2  

Dundee City 388.4 to 393.8

North Ayrshire 405.2 to 382.1

East Ayrshire  386.5 to 381.6  

Fife  371.5 to 361.4

East Dunbartonshire    371.5 to 359.5

South Lanarkshire  362.8 to 355.0  

West Dunbartonshire    378.1 to 353.2 

East Renfrewshire  331.0 to 341.5  

Aberdeenshire  325.6 to 329.8  Up 5 places

Stirling   335.9 to 329.5 

Renfrewshire   332.2 to 329.4 

Dumfries & Galloway  329.8 to 321.7 

BELOW AVERAGE

Western Isles  328.3 to 309.4  Oddly plagued at the moment in Barra well over 1000 per 100K

Inverclyde  323.1 to 305.0

Glasgow City   299.7 to 301.3

Moray  263.3 to 297.8  Surging up 5 places

Midlothian 296.3 to 297.4

Clackmannanshire  280.8 to 290.5 

Aberdeen City  266.7 to 263.2

Argyll & Bute   278.6 to 259.9

Perth & Kinross   258.7 to 248.8  

East Lothian   241.9 to 227.1

Scottish  Borders    216.1 to 222.1

City Of Edinburgh    217.8 to 207.0

Angus   196.0 to 187.4

Highlands  168.6 to 171.6

Shetland Islands  96.2 to 104.9

Orkney Islands   49.1 to 49.1 

Edited by superbigal

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

If a LFT is fine for COP26, why isn't it fine for an unvaccinated/partially vaccinated Scot going into a nightclub? 

Probably because the vaccine app for domestic use is more about encouraging vaccine uptake than any direct health benefits.

I think its a case of SG's rules being overruled by WM.

Make of that what you will - WM allows SG to make their own on the hoof rules and measures for the Scottish population right up until the point where the rest of the world gets a look in and WM has then decided one part of the UK isn't going to be made to look petty and ill-informed on the world stage. Who'd you back in such circumstance?   

Nicola Sturgeon begins her Covid update to parliament by giving the latest statistics on Covid cases and vaccinations.

She says the number of cases is continuing to fall in Scotland and there is no need to introduce any tighter restrictions.

But she says the level of infection does remain relatively high and so it is prudent to keep in place the remaining "mitigations" such as face coverings.