Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Until our app gets integrated with the EU digital app there are a few European countries that will only accept the paper version, if that. So if you're going on holiday, take both, for travel and for getting into restaurants etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/03/new-zealand-widens-covid-lockdown-as-delta-spreads-outside-auckland

Nicola Sturgeon's role model continuing to make a royal c**t of things in New Zealand.

That 'snap lockdown' to crush the virus? That's been six weeks now with no sign of stopping.

Rolling lockdowns until 90% of the population is vaccinated. 

mourinho-jose-mourinho.gif.4ffcca5a2c8ef4e6b4a7d11893a502dc.gif

2,040 new cases of COVID-19 reported

28,673 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

7.7% of these were positive

1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)  

71 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

965 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

4,208,546 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,845,180 have received their second dose

48 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/03/new-zealand-widens-covid-lockdown-as-delta-spreads-outside-auckland

Nicola Sturgeon's role model continuing to make a royal c**t of things in New Zealand.

That 'snap lockdown' to crush the virus? That's been six weeks now with no sign of stopping.

Rolling lockdowns until 90% of the population is vaccinated. 

mourinho-jose-mourinho.gif.4ffcca5a2c8ef4e6b4a7d11893a502dc.gif

I seem to recall Welshy scoff at the ridicule the initial announcement received, swatting it away with a confident "it's three days"

That aged well.

Daily Summary for @oaksoft :   Deaths 1 (17 day before),  ICU cases 71 up from 66  (? new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid  965 down from 966 (? new admissions).  

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines  5,512 to 8,822 brilliant been queues of kids at drop in centres and 1st appointments yesterday. 2nd vaccines  2,749 to 2,180

Daily Cases Update: 23 days in a row of falls now with a brilliant drop of 3.98% to 331.8 and I expect another maybe 3% fall tomorrow. Infectivity falling almost daily albeit slowly now to 8.1%.   We go lower than England as lowest nation in the UK. 

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 24th September to 30th September  were 18,884 to 18,135 down 3.98%, Positivity was 8.3% now 8.1%.  Cases per 100K were 345.5 now 331.8

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average  359.5 to 355.7 down 1.06%, England  342.1 to 340.0 down 0.61%, Wales 615.8 to 594.1 down 3.52%, Northern Ireland   410.2 to 406.5 down 0.90%

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 572.6 (weekly change up 9%), Romania 337.9 (weekly up 59%), Croatia 209.8 (weekly up 5%), Moldova 197.7 (Weekly up 5%), Bulgaria 187.8 (Weekly up 23%),  Ireland  181.9 (Weekly  -1%),  These are the only countries over 150 cases per 100K.   Likes of Spain is down at 31.1 !!!

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1), Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

West Lothian   511.9 to 495.6  Our new leaders

South Ayrshire   534.2 to 479.8  Down over 16% in 2 days.

North Lanarkshire   451.4 to 439.4 

North Ayrshire  444.7 to 429.1 

East Ayrshire   444.1 to 413.7  Excellent near 20% in 2 days fall.

Falkirk   420.4 to 409.8

Dundee City  436.1 to 402.5

West Dunbartonshire    439.2 to 396.2 Down 10%

Fife  405.2 to 388.1

South Lanarkshire    394.9 to 376.2  

East Dunbartonshire  388.0 to 275.2

East Renfrewshire  366.4 to 360.2  

Stirling   359.3 to 346.5 

Renfrewshire    375.7 to 345.1 

Inverclyde 359.5 to 341.3 

Dumfries & Galloway  345.3 to 341.2 

Aberdeenshire  336.3 to 334.8

BELOW AVERAGE

Glasgow City  323.3 to 308.4

Midlothian 326.4 to 307.0 

Clackmannanshire   327.5 to 306.1 

Western Isles   252.8 to 298.1  Oddly plagued at the moment in Barra well over 1000 per 100K

Perth & Kinross    301.5 to 285.0 

Aberdeen City   289.0 to 282.0

Argyll & Bute  291.5 to 280.9

Moray  228.8 to 248.7

East Lothian   266.0 to 245.6 

City Of Edinburgh    238.1 to 229.0

Angus    232.3 to 220.2 

Scottish  Borders   190.0 to 205.7

Highlands   166.1 to 166.1

Shetland Islands  61.2 to 74.3

Orkney Islands    58.0 to 44.6  

Edited by superbigal

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I seem to recall Welshy scoff at the ridicule the initial announcement received, swatting it away with a confident "it's three days"

That aged well.

It was just a few days for most of New Zealand. I don't think my sister in the South Island has been in any serious lockdown throughout. I'm surprised people are suggesting they're wrong to try and keep a lid on it until most people have had a chance of vaccination. Apart from tourism they've kept their economy open for the most part and have only had 27 deaths, why blow it now? We've had more than that in one day, less than 2 weeks ago.

Edited by welshbairn

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average  359.5 to 355.7 down 1.06%, England  342.1 to 340.0 down 0.61%, Wales 615.8 to 594.1 down 3.52%, Northern Ireland   410.2 to 406.5 down 0.90%   Scotland 345.5 to 331.8 down 3.98%

Is wave 4 now over in the whole of the UK ?  1st day of all nations falling in a long time.

The walls (and the always inevitable reality) starting to fall in on Sturgeon's idol. Shame. Let's not forget she wanted to lead Scotland down this ruinous path because it was largely viewed as popular by the general public who didn't know any better.

18 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The UK government one isn’t recognised either.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Not sure what your point is?  That’s for the English to worry about.  SG introduced and own our vaccine passport.  As I said it’s nothing to do with Westminster to get other countries to accept it.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Why do you say stuff like this?

Quite apart from the social consequences of being locked up on their own island there's been no end of problems for New Zealand.

Economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in New Zealand - Wikipedia

Now people like you might be quite prepared to lock yourself in your bedroom for 2 years or so to eek out another bit of life but it would help you personal development greatly if you could appreciate that not everyone wants to live like that.

People have sacrificed coming up for 2 years of their personal freedoms for the most vulnerable in society and we're still being labelled selfish c***s. There's a limit to what you can ask of people. We're well into piss-taking territory across the world now.

What personal freedoms are you personally denied at the moment out of interest?

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What personal freedoms are you personally denied at the moment out of interest?

You seem to be taking up a rather strange position regarding NZ as you appear to be constantly travelling to various countries, possibly work related, I know not. Surely, life is for living, which is what you appear to be doing with your travels.

Therefore, I find your attitude to NZ a tad weird.

45 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You seem to be taking up a rather strange position regarding NZ as you appear to be constantly travelling to various countries, possibly work related, I know not. Surely, life is for living, which is what you appear to be doing with your travels.

Therefore, I find your attitude to NZ a tad weird.

My attitude is that NZ have made the most they possibly could have of their geographical isolation and kept Covid restrictions and deaths to a minimum by closing their borders. They've been a bit slow at haggling their share of vaccines away from the developing world, but they're catching up, and should be fine and dandy by Christmas with probably the fewest deaths per head and with some of the fewest restrictions over the period on the planet. Why would that not be a good thing?

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Who gives a f**k what the Dutch are doing. We don't live there.

This is Scotland and it's what happens here which matters to most of us.

If we want to protest against even the most minor of restrictions then we'll do so.

I appreciate that we should run these things past you first though.

You and the rest of the zealots quote other countries all the time, you fucking idiot. 

Suddenly you don't want to hear something, because it doesn;'t fit in with your tiny minded, blinkered version of how things are. 

If you don't want to hear it, tough. You pretend that you're some kind of intelligent, educated man. But you come across as a furious, rabid idiot. 

Take at look at yourself son, and calm down. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Suddenly you don't want to hear something, because it doesn;'t fit in with your tiny minded, blinkered version of how things are. 

If you don't want to hear it, tough. You pretend that you're some kind of intelligent, educated man. But you come across as a furious, rabid idiot. 

Take at look at yourself son, and calm down. 

Image - 432939] | That Really Rustled My Jimmies | Know Your Meme

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Who gives a f**k what the Dutch are doing. We don't live there.

This is Scotland and it's what happens here which matters to most of us.

If we want to protest against even the most minor of restrictions then we'll do so.

I appreciate that we should run these things past you first though.

I forgot of course, that in every single thread apart from this echo chamber where you think you receive confirmation bias, you're looked upon as a point of ridicule...a nasty, homophobic wee right wing racist. No surprise that you're using Covid 19 as an excuse to out your political hate. 

My bad, I should have realised this earlier. Another nutcase on ignore. 

It's funny how folk on here trying to integrate Covid into the culture wars never big up their main boys, Bolsonara and Lukashenko, but still attack the horribly woke Ardern whose citizens have done way better by every measurement.