Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Internally, hopefully not wrong. 

But let's not forget that the vaccine passport app will soon (hopefully) be compliant with the EU passport and allow us to travel easily. It's not just for internal use. 

For instance, and contrary to popular belief, other European countries have far more restrictions than Scotland. The Netherlands for instance, insists on showing your vaccination passport on entry to a bar, restaurant or cafe. 

The Netherlands are averaging 9.6 cases of covid per 100k. Scotland is averaging 361 per 100k. 

The Netherlands have vaccinated over 82% of their population. 

I presume that somewhere, there's a Dutch football board full of absolute moonhowling experts. 

De spilff and Amstel 

5 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

I know that the UK tests more than most European countries, but aside from that is there an obvious reason why our case rates have been much higher than most of Western Europe for the last month or so?

Just different cycles I think, Sweden was top of the pile earlier in the year for no obvious reason. Denmark btw had been testing far more than the UK until they got the case rate below 50 and hit their vaccination target.

image.thumb.png.03464e7b162209527cac13c9cda518ce.png

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Straw poll here, how long do you think we'll be fcking around with vaccine passports? 

IMHO The Scottish Government will give up on vaccine passports in 2023. They’ll give up on mandatory facemask wearing in 2030, and even then, through gritted teeth. It’s pretty much all they have to show they aren’t Boris Johnson’s Conservative Tory government operating out of Westminster. Complete fuckers… by the way, in saying that, I personally mean both the Westminster and Holyrood fuckers. I make no distinction.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

IMHO The Scottish Government will give up on vaccine passports in 2023. They’ll give up on mandatory facemask wearing in 2030, and even then, through gritted teeth. It’s pretty much all they have to show they aren’t Boris Johnson’s Conservative Tory government operating out of Westminster. Complete fuckers… by the way, in saying that, I personally mean both the Westminster and Holyrood fuckers. I make no distinction.

That'll undoubtedly collect lots of greenies from the zealots, but it's absolute rubbish though, isn't it ? 

Vaccine passports will be discarded (internally) once the winter passes, as will facemasking. My totally uneducated guess is we'll discard all of that in around 6 months time, if not before.

The vaccine passport app. though, will continue to be an absolute neccesity for worldwide travel for many years to come. You can whine all you want, but that won't be the decision of the Scottish government. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That'll undoubtedly collect lots of greenies from the zealots, but it's absolute rubbish though, isn't it ? 

Vaccine passports will be discarded (internally) once the winter passes, as will facemasking. My totally uneducated guess is we'll discard all of that in around 6 months time, if not before.

The vaccine passport app. though, will continue to be an absolute neccesity for worldwide travel for many years to come. You can whine all you want, but that won't be the decision of the Scottish government. 

Yeah, clearly, I wasn’t being serious in suggesting the Scottish Government won’t ditch mandatory facemask wearing until 2030. Whenever they do ditch it and make it discretionary, it’ll be well after Westminster and England. Not on solid, medical reasons, but purely because they can. I personally think the current incumbents of both Westminster and Holyrood are risible cnuts whom I have zero regard for.

I say that as someone who voted ‘yes’ in Indy Ref 1, and would vote ‘yes’ again in any Indy Ref 2. Sooner these SNP fcukers are judged purely on their record in running the country the better.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Yeah, clearly, I wasn’t being serious in suggesting the Scottish Government won’t ditch mandatory facemask wearing until 2030. Whenever they do ditch it and make it discretionary, it’ll be well after Westminster and England. Not on solid, medical reasons, but purely because they can. I personally think the current incumbents of both Westminster and Holyrood are risible cnuts whom I have zero regard for.

I say that as someone who voted ‘yes’ in Indy Ref 1, and would vote ‘yes’ again in any Indy Ref 2. Sooner these SNP fcukers are judged purely on their record in running the country the better.

Fair enough. 

I would love to see restrictions being lifted a lot faster than they are currently. I do accept though that the Scottish government are inherently cautious in nature and they aren't under pressure from the far right of their party, as the Tories in Westminster are. 

As I posted above though, there are other countries where 'restrictions' (as defined on here) are far stricter than in Scotland. The Dutch use the covid passport as an affirmation, and have brought it in as a necessary part of every day life....not just sporting events and night clubs. For how long, I don't know.  And they have much lower rates of infection than we do. 

Would that be accepted here ? 

40 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Dont give them ideas. I'd laugh at those predictions if there wasnt a part of me worried masks and passports are here for the long haul (beyond Spring 2022)

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

A tightrope for the SG to go on. I'm sure there is some sort of equalities act that makes it against the law to question why someone is exempt from things like mask wearing or asking about a hidden disability 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Straw poll here, how long do you think we'll be fcking around with vaccine passports? 

officially 2023 , unofficially Tomorrow;  there’s absolutely no way venues will religiously check QR codes and anyone who doesn’t pass will play the ‘can’t get it to load’ card and get waved through..

14 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The Dutch use the covid passport as an affirmation, and have brought it in as a necessary part of every day life....not just sporting events and night clubs. For how long, I don't know. 

And they don't accept UK vaccine passports so you have to take an antigen test every day you're there if you want to go inside bars and restaurants, which is a bit of a bummer as I'll be there in a few weeks. Hopefully that'll change soon. Think you can get them free of charge though.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

And they don't accept UK vaccine passports so you have to take an antigen test every day you're there if you want to go inside bars and restaurants, which is a bit of a bummer as I'll be there in a few weeks. Hopefully that'll change soon. Think you can get them free of charge though.

Yeap, I'm hoping to get across and visit friends in NL soon. I'm not going though until UK/Scottish vaccine apps. are compliant with the EU app. 

Another Brexit bonus, and something that should have been sorted out months ago by Westminster.

You can get a free test arranged at testvoortoegang.nl, but as I understand it you'll have to get one every day just to go into a cafe for a coffee. 

51 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Yeap, I'm hoping to get across and visit friends in NL soon. I'm not going though until UK/Scottish vaccine apps. are compliant with the EU app. 

Another Brexit bonus, and something that should have been sorted out months ago by Westminster.

You can get a free test arranged at testvoortoegang.nl, but as I understand it you'll have to get one every day just to go into a cafe for a coffee. 

Why should Westminster sort out access to Holland from the Scottish Vaccine Passport?  Is it down to Brexit that the SG decided to have their own vaccine passport?

Snp at Westminster have recently been making a big deal about having to show photo id to vote.  They have been attacking Johnson on this because it rightly discriminates against those that don't have a passport or driving licence.  Not everyone can afford a passport or driving licence. 
Snp at Holyrood need photo id for their vaccine passport app to work, have to show a passport or driving licence photo. 
The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.  Are we supposed to trust this current government with negotiations for independence, if we even get near. 

People can obtain a paper copy of their vaccine status in these circumstances, without the need for ID.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
49 minutes ago, Left Back said:
It’s been pointed out many times that the paper certs will be invalid at some time yet to be announced.

No it hasn't. It's been pointed out that having a PDF on your phone will be invalid.

It is a fair conclusion to draw that if a pdf which contains a QR code is going to be invalid when displayed on your phone screen, it will also be invalid on a paper copy.

Otherwise it makes no sense to have to verify your ID on the app.

It is a fair conclusion to draw that if a pdf which contains a QR code is going to be invalid when displayed on your phone screen, it will also be invalid on a paper copy.
Otherwise it makes no sense to have to verify your ID on the app.

There's absolutely nothing anywhere to suggest that's the case.

97ddd6a77cd69e686c9096ddaa00465c.jpg

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:
12 hours ago, Left Back said:
It’s been pointed out many times that the paper certs will be invalid at some time yet to be announced.

No it hasn't. It's been pointed out that having a PDF on your phone will be invalid.

It is pretty bizarre that the exact same thing on your phone will become invalid though. 

I know it’ll be to increase uptake of their shitty app, but still.