Coronavirus (COVID-19)

47 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It's ridiculous they haven't managed to produce a simple blood/saliva test yet. It's a very unpleasant experience.

I had my first close contact with covid last week so was "strongly advised" to take a test, which I did (negative). We had a new starter at work on Monday so the entire team were in the office; said new starter received a positive test on Wednesday, having presumably become symptomatic on Tuesday. Just rotten luck, really. Everyone else on the team also tested negative. 

The tests we have used recently are no bother at all.  Just nose swab, not the throat.  15 mins instead of 30. Takes less time to do the test than it takes to boil a kettle and the result is there in about the same time it takes to drink a coffee.  Can't honestly see too much to complain about.

(Cue red dots from the outraged....) 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Congratulations on spectacularly missing the point WB. 🤣

Again. 🤣

I’m think i nailed the point.  I realise you think being a manky b*****d is one of your civil liberties, but the reality is that if you are “offended” by being asked to wash your hands, you are OFTW.

6 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The tests we have used recently are no bother at all.  Just nose swab, not the throat.  15 mins instead of 30. Takes less time to do the test than it takes to boil a kettle and the result is there in about the same time it takes to drink a coffee.  Can't honestly see too much to complain about.

(Cue red dots from the outraged....) 

There was an "expert" on the radio saying the nostrils are fine for an LFT, don't know why they ask you to swab the tonsils. Tests I've had in Europe have just been the nostrils. 

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I don't really care about who's right I just think it's funny that someone says a business has lost their custom right after revealing they were asked to wash their hands.

It’s his fundamental freedom to be a clatty b*****d.  If you think that washing your hands is a good idea, you must be bending over backwards for your “betters”. 

• 2,908 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 27,540 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 11.1% of these were positive
  • 2 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
  • 57 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 793 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 4,321,382 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,914,425 have received their second dose

Cases starting to head upwards after a few weeks of staying mostly flat, interestingly there has been quite a good drop in hospital and ICU numbers 

48 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Manky b*****d?

Offended?

You're trying too hard. 🤣

I'm not prepared to tolerate mentally ill OCD freaks trying to impose their OCD freakery on me for no good reason whatsoever.

It's called freedom of choice WB.

You really should try exercising it. It's very liberating to be able to tell people to f**k off and actually follow that through. 😃

I love the fact you think you are some kind of Che Guevara because you refuse to wash your hands. 

52 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Two businesses now.

My local pub has confirmed this afternoon that they are insisting on masks and test and trace.

I'm not a pub person but will be meeting a mate for a pint in a few weeks.

Maybe all these companies are just bored with making money. 🤣

This is the mental image I currently have.

farage-pint_3153822b.jpg

4 hours ago, strichener said:

A few independent retailers in Skipton.  A farm that makes their own ice cream.  The two cafes we went into Masham

Cafes is both amusing and sad in equal measure.

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:
  • 2,908 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 27,540 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 11.1% of these were positive
  • 2 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
  • 57 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 793 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 4,321,382 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,914,425 have received their second dose

Cases starting to head upwards after a few weeks of staying mostly flat, interestingly there has been quite a good drop in hospital and ICU numbers 

Are they, though? Things have been flat for over a month and this just looks like a typical weekend fluctuation. I also believe our booster rollout has reached more people than south of the border.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I mean they are, slightly.

As highlighted yesterday, though, the age ranges that are driving this are schoolkids.

Seems strange considering English schools went back later than ours and yet cases have now utterly crashed in their school age children as they have effectively all had it and/or been vaccinated.

Only 23,779 total Covid cases south of the border today - the lowest figure since the 19th of September. A total collapse.

It's ridiculous they haven't managed to produce a simple blood/saliva test yet. It's a very unpleasant experience.
I had my first close contact with covid last week so was "strongly advised" to take a test, which I did (negative). We had a new starter at work on Monday so the entire team were in the office; said new starter received a positive test on Wednesday, having presumably become symptomatic on Tuesday. Just rotten luck, really. Everyone else on the team also tested negative. 
New starter would make a professor proud.

If they say its "To stop the spread of new variants" they can f**k off. They quite openly discuss now that, whilst the vaccines are really good at reducing the severity of incfections, they don't really stop you catching it or passing it on.