Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I think so. 

Both of them had the protection of being in a legal process so had innocent until proven guilty to fall back on. Rodgers is just getting dragged. 

Add in Ronaldo for more recent context.

Aye maybe so. Did think of Ronaldo as a more contemporary example after I posted

It's no surprise with such a large support that the SNP has had a few c***s voting for them. And I tend to agree with the Tory label being a little imperfect. It's far closer to the current chimera-like Conservative government born out of VoteLeave variously described as neo-liberal, contrarian, "move-fast and break the rules" selfish, egotistical, ideologically promiscuous and morally bankrupt. Perhaps Neo-Tory would work here. 

Neatly evidenced by the claim that washing your hands and covering your airholes in enclosed public spaces, mandated by democratically elected government during a public health crisis is "stealing a part of my freedom" 🤣 (apologies for the emoji but I just can't read or type that out without sniggering or hearing that tune from Team America).

Nice to see that bad Nicolas fReEdOm StEaLiNg is working tho.

9 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

There really is no point engaging with the Moonhowlers. We know they are not representative of anyone outside about 10 people on this thread.

Let them scream into the abyss.  It makes them feel better.  

Representative of... who, exactly? It simply appears that there is more compliance with things in Scotland due to the ongoing threat of legal punishment, but also because of a sizeable number of Scottish Government boot lickers like yourself.

Certain people on here (you) really don't have the faintest idea of just how far behind England Scotland still is from shaking off the shackles of the pandemic. How could anyone look at the fact England has been living ~99% pre-pandemic normality since 19th July, where they are now with cases plummeting, and decide that Scotland continuing to drag and drag was the right call? There is simply no argument to be had at this stage.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

I didn't realise how badly America has split down the usual political axis over Covid until I read about Aaron Rodgers. 

He chose not to get vaccinated and as a result has been tested every day, tested positive and has to sit out for 10 days but is completely fine. A completely normal course of events but the MSM are absolutely raging with him and he is getting more flack than American athletes who committed serious crimes like Kobe Bryant or Ben Roethlisberger. 

The Democrats will get rinsed during the midterms and will lose the presidency in 2024 in part because of how they have largely followed the lead of the medical psycho types over there. The Yanks more than most don't like to be pissed around and it won't be forgotten - look at what just happened in New Jersey and Virginia.

11 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's no surprise with such a large support that the SNP has had a few c***s voting for them. And I tend to agree with the Tory label being a little imperfect. It's far closer to the current chimera-like Conservative government born out of VoteLeave variously described as neo-liberal, contrarian, "move-fast and break the rules" selfish, egotistical, ideologically promiscuous and morally bankrupt. Perhaps Neo-Tory would work here. 

Neatly evidenced by the claim that washing your hands and covering your airholes in enclosed public spaces, mandated by democratically elected government during a public health crisis is "stealing a part of my freedom" 🤣 (apologies for the emoji but I just can't read or type that out without sniggering or hearing that tune from Team America).

Depends what you mean by working. Death rates in Scotland have been generally higher than England for months now.

9F91A70B-DDC5-46C2-8279-AF8FE67B8D0A.png

26 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Why are you conveniently forgetting what happened in Scotland between August and October, when the pointless pantomime measures we still have in place did not apply south of the border? Then cases in Scotland started falling long before the 'democratically elected' clowns in office sought their 'expert advice' to put in vaccine passports for nightclubs and large events.

We continue to get strung along like children while England gets on with it like adults - with no differing of the end result for healthcare implications. No net benefit. Nothing. Just deal with it and accept it.

uk-daily-covid-cases-7day-average.png

14 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

Depends what you mean by working. Death rates in Scotland have been generally higher than England for months now.

9F91A70B-DDC5-46C2-8279-AF8FE67B8D0A.png

Do these arse lickers think nobody knows this?

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Why are you conveniently forgetting what happened in Scotland between August and October, when the pointless pantomime measures we still have in place did not apply south of the border? Then cases in Scotland started falling long before the 'democratically elected' clowns in office sought their 'expert advice' to put in vaccine passports for nightclubs and large events.

We continue to get strung along like children while England gets on with it like adults - with no differing of the end result for healthcare implications. No net benefit. Nothing. Just deal with it and accept it.

"Just deal with it and accept it" isn't an argument for or against anything far less vaccine passports which have never been claimed to reduce transmission. But thank you for bravely fighting for some playschool notion of freedom. You hero. 

9 minutes ago, Elixir said:

you really seem to be the chief shit talker of all the moon howlers in this thread,

tell me again how people in england have moved on from ''the circus'' ?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-sky-news-coronavirus-live-blog-uk-latest-r-number-12443026?postid=2927798

Edited by Meldrew

I didn't realise how badly America has split down the usual political axis over Covid until I read about Aaron Rodgers. 
He chose not to get vaccinated and as a result has been tested every day, tested positive and has to sit out for 10 days but is completely fine. A completely normal course of events but the MSM are absolutely raging with him and he is getting more flack than American athletes who committed serious crimes like Kobe Bryant or Ben Roethlisberger. 

The majority of the shit he is taking is because he TOLD people he was vaccinated and was seen following the protocols that the league have in place for vaccinated vs unvaccinated players and only now is calling this into question that he’s been caught out publicly with the positive test and subsequent restrictions he faces vs a vaccinated player.

He threatened retirement this off season and decided to come back, full well knowing the situation that the nfl and nflpa, that he is part of, agreed to.

Rodgers is and always has been an utter bell end but generally got a free pass from the sports media because of his outstanding play. Funnily enough when he starts a press conference by doubling down with his ‘I did my research and spoke to Joe rogan’ shtick while railing against ‘wokeness’ and the media cancel culture and denies lying about past statements the straw finally breaks and he gets called out for his bullshit publicly.

This ain’t a left / right issue (Rodgers says that he’s not on one side of this or another although that could be another lie) over there from what I can see from the many nfl sportswriter and outlet accounts I read and follow, it’s a don’t bullshit us issue.

Why do the sportswriters believe that they have the right to know his vaccination status? From what I've read he has been following the (ridiculous) protocols to the letter.

I agree that it's not a right/left issue it's about the manufacturing of a growing desire for authoritarianism. The vaccine has no benefits for someone like Rodgers and his taking won't protect anyone else yet people are getting genuinely angry, it's absolute madness. 

Edited by Detournement

Why do the sportswriters believe that they have the right to know his vaccination status? From what I've read he has been following the (ridiculous) protocols to the letter.
I agree that it's not a right/left issue it's about the manufacturing of a growing desire for authoritarianism. The vaccine has no benefits for someone like Rodgers and his taking won't protect anyone else yet people are getting genuinely, it's absolute madness. 

They don’t necessarily seem to believe they should know, but he was asked a direct question and answered it, he was then asked a follow up based on it. And answered it.

If he’d just changed the subject or moved on, as most nfl players do about everything, then it would be much less of an issue other than him being probably the highest profile player to this point to miss time due to covid.

2 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

They don’t necessarily seem to believe they should know, but he was asked a direct question and answered it, he was then asked a follow up based on it. And answered it.

If he’d just changed the subject or moved on, as most nfl players do about everything, then it would be much less of an issue other than him being probably the highest profile player to this point to miss time due to covid.

Djokovic has refused to answer questions on his vaccination status and yet there is constant media coverage. 

Owen Farrell is vaccinated and is missing England Vs Tonga today. Vaccination status is irrelevant to Covid infection. 

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

"Just deal with it and accept it" isn't an argument for or against anything far less vaccine passports which have never been claimed to reduce transmission. But thank you for bravely fighting for some playschool notion of freedom. You hero. 

One of your gormless idols, John Swinney, also claimed they're not fuelling vaccine uptake either. No real surprise when a staggering 92%+ of over 16s had already been fully vaccinated in Scotland anyway. So... what is the point other than to ruin businesses?

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

you really seem to be the chief shit talker of all the moon howlers in this thread,

tell me again how people in england have moved on from ''the circus'' ?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-sky-news-coronavirus-live-blog-uk-latest-r-number-12443026?postid=2927798

SIMPly astonishing stuff.

I'd suggest a trip south of the border for a dose of reality about how much more normal life is down there. All this while cases continue to plummet. Galling.

Edited by Elixir

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

A rare moment of self-reflection there.  Well done.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

SIMPly astonishing stuff.

I'd suggest a trip south of the border for a dose of reality about how much more normal life is down there. All this while cases continue to plummet. Galling.

i'm well aware of things in england's green and pleasant land, they have 10 times the population of ourselves, so 10 times more twats.

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

One of your gormless idols, John Swinney, also claimed they're not fuelling vaccine uptake either. No real surprise when a staggering 92%+ of over 16s had already been fully vaccinated in Scotland anyway. So... what is the point other than to ruin businesses?

A fascinating if typically dishonest way to concede the point on transmission but that is at least consistent with your deliberate misinterpretation of the Deputy First Ministers statement: " it is “impossible to segment” data on coronavirus to determine whether it is working, but he believes it is “delivering a positive benefit to the suppression of the virus.” 

Now whether you believe that to be true or not it certainly isn't true that he "claimed they're not fuelling vaccine uptake"

But please accept this disembodied head of Phil Mickleson with bonus thumbs up as a very special reward for your very impressive trying.

Screenshot_2021-11-06_10.46.15-removebg-preview (1).png

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Do you think you're actually making a point when you make posts like this? You aren't.