Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Same here.

I'll applaud when vaccine passports and mandatory masking are removed and dumped in the sea.

Look, I'm a tolerant person (🤔), but can we please stop expressing that "get it in the sea" stuff? 

There's enough unnatural stuff in there already. 

(Asking on behalf of future generations and a whole planet.  Thank you.) 

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This is where I do have a lot of sympathy for Sturgeon and Johnson (and by extension all world leaders). They have to actually spend their entire days listening to this sort of shite coming at them from all angles. Then they have to distill it all into a set of coherent policies knowing that no matter what they do, people will die as a direct consequence of those decisions. And they're doing this with absolutely no scientific or medical background whatsoever.

I'm happy to argue over masks, vaccines and restrictions with people but to actually have to sleep at night knowing my decisions (no matter what those decisions were) absolutely will result in deaths? For around £150k a year in wages? f**k. That.

Do you have the same sympathy as they formulate policy for drink/drugs/obesity? 

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

lol wut

Being exposed to the virus post-vaccination will simply top up your overall immune response.

If you look at the UKHSA report it shows that the response generated by natural immunity (N response) has stayed static over the past few months in the overall population despite high levels of infection which mean it should be increasing.

It's possible that people who were vaccinated without previously being infected won't ever generate the nucleoproteins (N response) that constitute natural immunity and will only have the vaccine immunity.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Those 3 things are entirely self-inflicted by individuals so for me it's not as valid comparison.

I think I disagree. And from me - not the most left leaning poster on this board - strikes me as about the most Tory thing I’ve read today. Very much I n the ‘pull yourself up by your bootstraps and sort yourself out’ sort of vibe.

A significant number find the source of their drink/drug/obesity problems from deep seated childhood poverty, abuse or other influence when they, as the individual, were not in charge. 

Policy requires formulating and I don’t understand the sympathy (hence the initial question) - that is the very mantle on which most of these charlatans have been elected to manage and progress. 

Propaganda starting to get 5 year olds vaccinated.
My own sample size of one... A currently infected six year old, has certainly convinced me that I wont be vaccinating my children, given that you would quite literally have no idea she has any sort of illness, of even the weakest sort.

They dont need it, and they aren't getting it for debatable benefit to other people, or some sort of political point making.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My own sample size of one... A currently infected six year old, has certainly convinced me that I wont be vaccinating my children, given that you would quite literally have no idea she has any sort of illness, of even the weakest sort.

They dont need it, and they aren't getting it for debatable benefit to other people, or some sort of political point making.

So long as you'd be willing to accept your wean being excluded from any busy indoor area if vaccine passports get rolled out, that sounds reasonable enough. The ongoing nonsense of the government making special exemptions 'fur the weans' while slapping restrictions on everyone else has got to go though. 

As for expanding vaccine passports, my money is on December 27th being the point at which the SG 'reluctantly' add this pish to hospitality and other settings. Hospitality retrenches in January anyway and there will be more enough people daft enough to 'thank Nicola' for not banning them from celebrating Christmas. The backlash from limiting the unvacced from drinking!!111!!!! at New Year will be minimal given the number of closet Wee Free mentalities out there. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

You might have a point there.

Quite apart from the pollution, there does seem to be a lot of stuff floating around in the sea causing a hazard to shipping lanes. 😆

Something ought to be done.

Instead of chucking it in the sea, we could incinerate it? Oh no, hang on..... 😆

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this isn't a 'joke' about asylum seekers/migrants and dinghies. But that's only because I can't believe anyone would post something as crass as this on the site. If I am in any way doing you an injustice you could maybe clarify what you did mean.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Why on earth would you think I was talkinhg about drowned asylum seekers?

WTF is wrong with you?

That was absolutely NOT what I was joking about at all. I was talking about the sea of pollution we dump in the oceans.

You can take my word for that. There are some things I don't joke about and what happened yesterday would be one of them.

FFS. Honestly!!!

What a fucking stupid question to ask.

Quite the edit, you should have left it as it was. Now you sound like you're protesting too much

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Why on earth should he accept that?

If you're not willing to let your child be vaccinated then there should be no scope for complaint if they are excluded from events in the future. For example, a Scotland football match that already requires a vaccine passport.

The argument that 'vaccine passports belong in the sea' is broader and one that I fully agree with. But while they remain in place, it should be the case that once vaccines are offered to age groups under 18, then each of those age groups should fall into the same bracket as the adult population. And if the scheme gets extended later in the winter, then those rules should apply to the entire eligible population and not just adults. 

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Why on earth would you think I was talkinhg about drowned asylum seekers?

WTF is wrong with you?

That was absolutely NOT what I was joking about at all. I was talking about the sea of pollution we dump in the oceans.

You can take my word for that. There are some things I don't joke about and what happened yesterday would be one of them.

FFS. Honestly!!!

What a fucking stupid question to ask.

you're not making sense. You wrote: Quite apart from the pollution, there does seem to be a lot of stuff floating around in the sea causing a hazard to shipping lanes. 

So, whatever you were referring to it wasn't pollution.  

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

eb2e2411-e4f9-44c6-be53-44c5175360ae.jpg

A total of 932.3 new cases per 100,000 people aged five to nine were recorded in the seven days to 21 November, up from 741.8 the previous week, according to a weekly surveillance report by the Health Security Agency. The equivalent rate among 10-19-year-olds is 814.6, a rise from 712.8 the previous week.

Better off sticking them in that cage than the infection factories tbh. But remember to do a LFT before daring to set foot in a pub! 

37 minutes ago, Tynie Wickfield said:

We just don't know.   Been a while since the variant Klaxon sounded.  

I'm sure the vaccines will be more than enough just like the rest of them thus far.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59424269

As quick as that, there’s South Africa and a handful other countries bumped on to the “Red List”. As you say, it’s been a while since “VaRiaNtS” were spoken about.

Does this hellish merry-go-round ever end?