Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Good news no furlough, just one off grants. 

£6,000 won't touch the sides of lost income, but should, at least, cover overheads over the festive period.

Whether or not this is enough for many businesses in that sector to survive is probably unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Notable lack of simps this morning. As usual unwilling to say what restrictions they want, why they want them, and when they reckon they should be relaxed until their leader tells them what they should say.

Absolute worstcunts.

No worries Todd. Found some simps online for you, if you are missing them.

WFH last year was utterly shite. As soon as we were allowed into the office I changed to 3 days in, 2 at home. Living your entire life in the house in the early part of the pandemic was awful, and also unfair on my disabled partner. We have a decent enough flat, but not the space for a totally separate working area. Why should she then feel restricted all week because I'm dealing with confidential phone calls to folk about debt, mental health etc? She couldn't even come through to the living room to watch telly. It's fair to say that basically spending 24/7 together was a strain on our relationship, and I've no doubt the same was true for many on here. 
Another winter of that depressing pish can f**k right off. 

My gf and I split up due to the strain 100% WFH was putting on our relationship, she moved out for two months, which was a pretty miserable time for me.

I really hope that Sturgeon takes into account people’s mental health issues when she issues her draconian lockdown rules in an hour. Mines is shot to pieces at the thought of no football or pub visits for an unspecified amount of time.

I’m travelling to Stornoway tomorrow going and home to Ayrshire on the 29th. If NS doesn’t like it, tough shit. I am triple vaxxed and the hospital and icu numbers do not justify any more restrictions on mine or anyone else’s life. 

Omicron doubling every 2 days is a lie.

Omicron being significantly milder is demonstrably true and we have a vaccinated population. 

No more compliance from me.

Edited by Thorongil

So that’ll be hospitality shut from Boxing Day then, crowds banned from sporting events and the gyms closed too if leisure is included. Excellent. Fucking excellent.

Might be a daft question, but Does hospitality involve hotel stays? I have a hotel booked in glasgow for January 7th.

56 minutes ago, deegee said:

Since the wee one is literally a baby, it’ll make zero odds of the trip is pushed to Easter, as I said earlier mate. 

I can understand them wanting to see the bairn but, as you say, their demands are 100% totally unreasonable and if they are so concerned, they should agree to postponing the trip until their heads are in a better place.

I can sense you’ll need to go visit them and hope, for everyone’s sake, it passes without drama, you get your day out (as it’s as much your Christmas as it is theirs tbh) and when you meet again, the pantomime of fear has eased.

Oh, no, it won't be...

I see independent sage have branched out into event planning.

I assume everyone will be following their 10 step plan for household mixing over Christmas, including ‘avoiding singing and aerobic activities’ and ‘paying special attention to those who might have difficulty adhering to the agreed arrangements’.

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It's genuine hatred I now feel towards these people. bQshDtu.png

IMG-20211221-WA0004.jpg

"This will make sports matches, including football, effectively spectator free over this three week period."

Jokes on her. Sons' average attendance is nowhere near 500 at the moment.

I suspect the lower leagues in the SPFL will join the Premiership's winter break as a result of this. I'd imagine not one person is expecting these restrictions to last three weeks either.

Cancelling Edinburgh Hogmanay is going to absolutely decimate the local economy there, no? Can't see £6k covering that.