Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, The Holiday Song said:

Are the thoughts of the P&B demographic wildly out of line with the rest of the country, or are attitudes to potential further restrictions going to really start pissing off the majority of folk? (I agree with pretty much everything people have been saying on here this morning)

The polling seems to suggest a pretty stark shift against restrictions. Obviously still a lot in favour but it has certainly shifted against. 

This is england only 

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/health/articles-reports/2021/12/02/english-attitudes-covid-19-restrictions-largely-un

It's pretty tedious when opposition comments to these sort of thing are the perennial "it's not enough!!!!" But unless there is no lockdown and no restrictions at all on hospitality settings AND no nudge nudge "cancel your plans" stuff from the government, £6k genuinely is not enough here. 

17 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

If they shut the football down again. I hope they get voted out of parliament next election and a new first minister.

Shutting down football plays well with the general population I'm afraid.

Just now, Michael W said:

It's pretty tedious when opposition comments to these sort of thing are the perennial "it's not enough!!!!" But unless there is no lockdown and no restrictions at all on hospitality settings AND no nudge nudge "cancel your plans" stuff from the government, £6k genuinely is not enough here. 

I see the Welsh government after dropping their bombshell last night are back today saying ‘we need to do more’. 

This constant drip is really unforgivable. 

8 minutes ago, The Holiday Song said:

Are the thoughts of the P&B demographic wildly out of line with the rest of the country, or are attitudes to potential further restrictions going to really start pissing off the majority of folk? (I agree with pretty much everything people have been saying on here this morning)

I said this a few months ago, but P&B is a bit of an echo chamber. Most (I'd wager 80%+) of the users here will be white men between 18 and 40 who like going to the football and going to the pub, myself included. It is a football website after all. Hence a lot of views on here will be naturally angry towards restrictions being placed on those events.

However, in wider society there will be much more support for them. Worth pointing out that probably less than 10% of folk across Scotland go to football in any capacity.

Just now, Abdul_Latif said:

There is no doubt that’s true, but they hold some seats on very fine margins and won’t want to lose those due to unpopular restrictions having a knock on effect.

I'm fairly sure if Covid didn't knacker them 9 months ago it's unlikely to knacker them in 4 years time. @Gaz is spot on the stuff Elixir has posted don't bother most folk especially the folk that always vote.

Imo the championship should join the prems winter break if that's official, hope the SPFL have already done their engagement and can come out this afternoon with a plan.

I'm not anxious at all about todays announcement, as I intend to completely ignore it.

The collective "shitting their pants"  mode SG and their advisors have went into over Omicron is embarrassing to say the least.

It's like the vaccines never happened. We need to move on for the sake of people's mental health, people missing out on operations, vital treatments and every business that repeatedly takes a kicking when restrictions move in.

This cannot go on, we must move forward or the hidden costs of Covid are going to be insurmountable.

What we should be doing is saying Omicron is there but make your own personal risk assessment on whether to carry on as normal or restrict your actions.

If they intend to restrict large events, which means no Bill Bailey for me and keep those godforsaken shopping centres open, I think that tells you all you need to know.

We cannot keep taking advice from such a panic merchant government. They are losing credibility fast.

This coming from someone who has voted SNP for a long time, my patience is running extremely low with this mob.

At 2pm I will be giving no f**ks. I will continue to wear my mask where appropriate for the sake of others, but otherwise I'm finished with this shitshow.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I see the Welsh government after dropping their bombshell last night are back today saying ‘we need to do more’. 

This constant drip is really unforgivable. 

I presume this is the tactics that their behavioural psychologists recommend.

I find it appalling. Just drop a measure as if it's nothing and then make a song and dance immediately about going further. 

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Just had a look at Reddit there as if my blood pressure wasn’t high enough.

My particular favourite comment was about pubs being open until 5 am DURING A PANDEMIC. And how dare people want to go to a street party- b*****ds should be strung up.

366246E9-4AC4-4C72-BC18-68E1B85B8081.thumb.png.2203b0e88d7c9abca320a9edd0d41310.png

Reddit Scotland sub is another one full of people who will stick up for any SG policy. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

26 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see independent sage have branched out into event planning.

I assume everyone will be following their 10 step plan for household mixing over Christmas, including ‘avoiding singing and aerobic activities’ and ‘paying special attention to those who might have difficulty adhering to the agreed arrangements’.

At least anyone who would try to implement this or thinks it's a reasonable idea is someone you can instantly steer well clear of.

20 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Not that I’m doubting the restrictions won’t be similar but that speech looks like a about as legit as a two pound note.

I can read it in her voice, though. It's trolling me hard already. yXAbrOQ.png