Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I see 1788 folk got their first dose yesterday we genuinely must be headed towards 90% + vaccine coverage.

ETA. In fact it's already above it just seen 93.1 cracking effort yet here we are 😔

Edited by 101

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

If getting boostered clearly isn't enough, what's the f***ing point in these 'protections' and screwing the nation over if it's not going to be fully eradicated, unless this is simply a "this is what you're getting until you all get the booster c*ntos" affair?

It's proof. The vaccines aren't good enough. They don't offer enough protection. 

I'll be getting the booster on Friday but I believe it'll be 10 years before we have something that we need.

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Not really. There is loads of immunity in places like South Africa and the UK. These things won't just keep going forever. Up for four weeks or so then down in four weeks or so as we enter and exit the worst of winter isn't a surprise.

They won’t keep going up forever, but the speed of the rise and fall is unprecedented compared to the other waves.

1 minute ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It's proof. The vaccines aren't good enough. They don't offer enough protection. 

I'll be getting the booster on Friday but I believe it'll be 10 years before we have something that we need.

Do folk say this about the flu jab? You get jabs against new strains every year, why are we expecting this to be different?

2 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I’m going to give you credit and say this is a whoosh. 

49 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Talking about straws and camels back.  That’s me resigned this afternoon from the SNP and cancelled my DD.  Utterly nonsense decisions today, unsupported by the evidence.  

I know so many of my mates all members of the SNP and quite a few are ripping up their cards.

I'm sure Hibs and Aberdeen fans will be singing "f**k the SNP"

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Thing is you'll still have people phoning in radio Scotland tomorrow claiming the restrictions aren't enough.

How long before NS herself warns that she can't rule out tougher / longer restrictions after new year for no reason other than she's absolutely raging at football fans daring to question her.

Just now, Jambomo said:

Do folk say this about the flu jab? You get jabs against new strains every year, why are we expecting this to be different?

It was what was said when this all started. 10 years to find a cure or words to that effect. we'll plod along until then with different vaccines giving us some help but the one we need is a long way off.

i could be miles off target, I'm not a scientist, obviously but that was something that stuck in my head.

52 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Correct. I actually spoke at a Freedom Rally held locally last Spring but was disappointed to find that most of the folks there (not many) were anti Vaxers and anarchist types.

Never again.

I didn't think you were a Nationalist......

16 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Thing is you'll still have people phoning in radio Scotland tomorrow claiming the restrictions aren't enough.

They'd be right. Sturgeon has given us the worst of both worlds - a set of restrictions that don't go far enough to limit case numbers, but go far enough to affect businesses and society.

2 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Ditched my SNP membership today as well. Today was the last straw. Not that losing a £3 direct debit will make a difference!

Some of the fake SAGE weirdos praising Sturgeon for “moral courage” and Murrell, Blackford etc are all over it. Nauseating 

I think last night’s dinner just came back up