Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, scottsdad said:

Leitch struggling on Radio Scotland this morning. 

The callers not agreeing with the restrictions are getting under his skin. 

This is the tide genuinely turning.

SG and advisors are so out of touch, and they seem to be surprised by it. 

Maybe if some of them lived in the real world with normal hobbies, interests and jobs, they would have a fucking idea.

Just now, Abdul_Latif said:

Hopefully some can put the question to him about why 500 is the magic number and not for example 1/2 capacity whatever the total.

500 in one of the 50K plus stadiums is very different to say Glebe Park.

They did. He waffled some nonsense about drawing lines. 

3 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

This is the tide genuinely turning.

SG and advisors are so out of touch, and they seem to be surprised by it. 

Maybe if some of them lived in the real world with normal hobbies, interests and jobs, they would have a fucking idea.

My Twitter is probably a bit of an echo chamber (like here) where it's mainly 20-40 year old football fans. But I was on my company's Twitter after the announcement was made, and things were kicking off big time.

I feel like yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I just switched it on there. Hes all over the place. Had to switch it off there after the presenter made the distinction about folk being in hospital, "possibly with covid or possibly with omicron"

f**k. Off.

It’s an easy mistake to make. I’m as guilty. I’m never sure if speccy tubes are baldy or just suffering from alopecia.

4 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Hopefully some can put the question to him about why 500 is the magic number and not for example 1/2 capacity whatever the total.

500 in one of the 50K plus stadiums is very different to say Glebe Park.

He actually said theres no public health reason behind the number, then said "forget the number for now" and tried to push it back to "limiting your risk". 

It was pure waffle. Making it up and getting called on it for once. 

Aside from Tory Brexit headcases like Swayne and Baker are there any politicians in the UK opposed to these restrictions?  

The political responses seem frozen - the same people who opposed restirctions before vaccines do the same now and the people who were in favour of restrictions are still in favour.  There doesn't appear to be any change in opinions depending on the circumstances, which has changed massively.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

And 'Sturgeon, get to f**k. Sturgeon, Sturgeon, get to f**k'.

In all seriousness, I have no idea what to do at election time.

I want an independent Scotland. I realise that can't happen without an SNP government. But I genuinely don't know at this stage if I can ever vote for the SNP again.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's a pity that we don't have ultras at every club capable of it, but a massive banner at every ground would be nice.

Even one of those every ground at the same time efforts would have the desired effect.

26th minute to represent the new restrictions coming in or something like that.

On the point about football games requiring police support, how many grounds in Scotland actually require input from the Police?
In the three lower leagues, I would be very surprised if it was more than a couple. 
If we shut down OF games, awarded their opponents the points then that would be enough police to cover every game in Scotland, problem solved.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

In all seriousness, I have no idea what to do at election time.

I want an independent Scotland. I realise that can't happen without an SNP government. But I genuinely don't know at this stage if I can ever vote for the SNP again.

Just vote for no one and only in an Indy Ref should another one take place.  That's what I'm doing.