Coronavirus (COVID-19)

If local councillors don't want to be judged by the performance of their catastrophically bald counterparts at the national level, then they can always choose to run as an independent candidate instead. They can't exploit national party recognition and resources when it suits them. 
Most decent local councillors - whilst still under a party banner - will build up support for them as a person by doing a good job for & engaging with the folk in the council ward they represent not just riding on the party name.

There are certainly councillors who have a large personal vote unrelated to the party they happen to represent based on what they do for local people on local issues.

It is possible to separate the two.

But I know from previous on here & this thread in general that you probably won't agree.
Posting on this thread is probably a mistake in general!

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Swinney can get to f**k the bald specky twat. 

That’s even made me more angry than yesterday. f**k off Jason you absolute c**t. 

It’s hard to debate such eloquent, coherent and analytical arguments.

My local councillor, and also a Lothians MSP, is a trend-setting Tory, she was in the papers for leaked WhatsApp messages criticising the party leadership months before the rest of them were at it.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/politics/calls-for-tories-to-deselect-edinburgh-councillor-as-holyrood-candidate-over-whatsapp-messages-on-covid-crisis-and-public-sector-pay-freeze-3163057

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I think I need to find a remote hill to walk up and scream at the top of my voice to let it all out.  I've simply had enough of masks, cyclic lockdown and this entire utter shitshow.  What's the f***ing end game here? 

skynews-derek-acorah-medium_4882716.jpg

Oh, cyclic, I see, carry on!

Just now, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You havent made an argument of any form for as long as I can remember. Plenty of wee snide digs like the above, but you always avoid actually saying anything.

You have a short memory.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Re the voting situation. We have local elections in 2022. Whilst most folk don't bother voting for their local tinpot councillors, this is perhaps a good opportunity for the SNP to get an electoral kicking and a massive and much-needed wake up call.

As someone living in Glasgow I was already hoping they get a kicking so that fucking idiot Aitken is gone. 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

On the point about football games requiring police support, how many grounds in Scotland actually require input from the Police?

In the three lower leagues, I would be very surprised if it was more than a couple. 

Very few games require it. 
Glasgow Derby games need quite a bit, generally that involves in and around stadium, anti-disorder around towns and cities and unfortunately people to respond to the increase in domestic abuse calls which generally happens around these games. I mean it absolutely is quite draining in terms of resources, some times it can be incredibly busy, other times if theres a ‘contentious’ decision or result then it can go like a fair. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Glasgow Derby games need quite a bit, generally that involves in and around stadium, anti-disorder around towns and cities and unfortunately people to respond to the increase in domestic abuse calls which generally happens around these games. I mean it absolutely is quite draining in terms of resources, some times it can be incredibly busy, other times if theres a ‘contentious’ decision or result then it can go like a fair. 

Pretty much as expected, though I guess if the game goes ahead regardless the affects around city centres could actually be worse in terms of disorder with rammed pubs everywhere. 

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Big team found!

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

A young man who is angry and frustrated feels he needs to vent for his own mental health.

Quite ironic you trying to be the supercilious, sanctimonious, patronising git when you have history for challenging another poster to a fight.  

Edited by Tynie Heep

Pretty much as expected, though I guess if the game goes ahead regardless the affects around city centres could actually be worse in terms of disorder with rammed pubs everywhere. 
There won't be rammed pubs anywhere if they're doing table service with distancing.

2 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

There won't be rammed pubs anywhere if they're doing table service with distancing.

Right. It’s tantamount to closing pubs without paying furlough.  It’s nothing short of disgraceful. 

6 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m sure that will be taking place everywhere....

I’m sure that will be taking place everywhere....
If previous times are anything to go by I think the vast majority of places will be toeing the line.

Not saying everything will be followed 100% to the letter, for example, I expect most places to continue paying no more than lip service to Test and Protect, but rammed pubs are pretty easy to spot.