Hearts Victory Thread (featuring Hamilton Academical)

2 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Glad you were all here to witness Hearts' resounding VICTORY over the HATERS and DOUBTERS who assumed that allowing a terrific side like Hamilton Academical FC a two-goal lead after 16 minutes would inevitably result in a shameful defeat. Better luck next time, chumps. 8)

Glad you can be happy with a home draw v the Accies. Mind it is better than we achieved. 
One wonders what the outcome would have been 11 v 11......

12 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 2-2

Another bad one for Hearts. Do their fans think they have got better since Levein went back upstairs?

Don’t see it myself.

We look a bit better at times, not consistently so and not enough that we win enough games. 

They got out of jail today, their performance in the first half was very entertaining though. Ikpeazu's dive, Clare's great tackle for the penalty, countless crosses floated miles out of the park, a throw-in confidently passed back to a ballboy; too many highlights to choose from. Pity they had to go and spoil it in the second half though.

57 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
58 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
That Jamie Hamilton has cost Accies vs Celtic, Rangers and now Hearts.
Surely it’s time for him to be taken out the first team picture. Not up to it.
Letting his team mates down every week.

That was never a red today.

Probably not but the facts show 2 reds and a penalty conceded in 3 games.

That type of form won’t help Accies. I would like Accies to stay up btw.

Relieved to get a point at the end of the day, and to still only be a point behind Hamilton, who defended well, and caused us problems with their front guys. 

Terrible defending put us in trouble - I'd be tempted to put Smith in for Souttar at CB.

Too many basic mistakes and poor decision-making, even if the conditions were horrible - we were expecting an abandonment at one point, tbh.

Scraping draws against ten men at home is where we are at the moment - that has to improve quick or we're down. 

We go on. 

Can't hold a lead yet again. Jamie Hamilton making a c**t of it yet again. Can't win at Tynecastle yet again. Fans are happy with two points dropped yet again.

For what it's worth, I actually thought we played quite well but days like today will relegate you.

Point is better than losing but the first 20 minutes were abysmal and if Hamilton hadn't had a man sent off we'd likely have lost.  

Hamilton fans moaning about the officials and not mentioning the opener being well offside is convenient though. 

We dominated after the red like you would expect and if one of the chances during the pressure around the time of the heavy rain had gone in I'd have thought we'd go on to win.  

Regardless though, even if we had won I'd be terrified as the harsh truth is we are a defensive shambles.  It's no good looking more dangerous in attack if we have an open midfield and shocking shape at the back. 

Fwiw I think the critiscims of Hickey is a bit harsh, he played well and it was his first game back in weeks on a heavy pitch.

Was an entertaining game, but I'd have settled for it being pish and winning.