Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 hour ago, Flash said:

I can see why Queens would want a pause - a few injuries/players just back in training, wanting to make some signings in January and missing out on a decent number of away fans for the Killie game.
Against that, I’m not sure when/if Cameron is going back to Killie, so they maybe want him for a couple more games. And, if they thought they would get more compensation from the SG from playing on, that might trump everything else.

Cameron's on a season loan. Whilst like every other loan there's a recall option (and a new Killie manager may want to look at him) all of our current loans are due to be here all season. He has played for Kilmarnock so can't play for anyone else.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Cameron's on a season loan. Whilst like every other loan there's a recall option (and a new Killie manager may want to look at him) all of our current loans are due to be here all season. He has played for Kilmarnock so can't play for anyone else.

I know he is on a season long loan and the fact he can only play for Kilmarnock changes things slightly. But McCrorie was also on a season long loan. Baird was 6 months into a 2 year contract. Kerr, Harkins and Brownlie were all under contract. I don’t really pay that much attention to how long players are supposed to be with us. And Cameron didn’t play against Cove, which suggests Kilmarnock didn’t want him Cup-tied so might want him back.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

https://ictfc.com/ceo-boxing-day-match-update?fbclid=IwAR14Yqk4dWcWVqJ1ZaNiW2XBTZMKjSjFp8uzPJYcCgeh_eqgJ_AF1zIqEks

We’ve had a Covid outbreak so I would imagine we might’ve voted to postpone for 3 weeks 

You may not have had a Covid 'outbreak' at the time of the vote. Clubs are testing on a daily basis now. A positive case(s), flagging up close contacts, may well only have been received/confirmed today. 

I keep changing my mind on whether we should have shut down or not. 

This scenario is always likely to happen. If it happens after a hiatus from playing it only further increases fixture congestion. 

I know he is on a season long loan and the fact he can only play for Kilmarnock changes things slightly. But McCrorie was also on a season long loan. Baird was 6 months into a 2 year contract. Kerr, Harkins and Brownlie were all under contract. I don’t really pay that much attention to how long players are supposed to be with us. And Cameron didn’t play against Cove, which suggests Kilmarnock didn’t want him Cup-tied so might want him back.

Callum Hendry is in exactly the same position at us - we had a season long deal but Saints can recall him, and given their lack of goals it might not be a surprise if they do. If he leaves us then there would have to be a decent chance we'd bring back Cameron.

4 hours ago, Flash said:

Its just you made a point of focusing on Cameron. Any of the other three loan players could be recalled too. When you specifically mentioned him I assumed you didnt know that. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

On 23/12/2021 at 20:50, Skyline Drifter said:

Its just you made a point of focusing on Cameron. Any of the other three loan players could be recalled too. When you specifically mentioned him I assumed you didnt know that. 

I didn’t mention the others because I thought Cameron would be the only one Johnston might be concerned about losing.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/8209582/jason-leitch-restrictions-football-crowds-hospitality/

See that's them already talking about extending the restrictions, if we get in to the New Year and England is still plowing on like normal and also surviving without restrictions Sturgeon & Co are going to be made to look like idiots... and also control freaks

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Makes sense. 6 nations starts then. Can't upset the egg chasers. 

They already have. The biggest domestic rugby games of the season are also to have only 500 fans. Rugby isn't getting preferential treatment here.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/8209582/jason-leitch-restrictions-football-crowds-hospitality/

See that's them already talking about extending the restrictions, if we get in to the New Year and England is still plowing on like normal and also surviving without restrictions Sturgeon & Co are going to be made to look like idiots... and also control freaks

And the same can be said if the opposite happens in England. Mark my words England will be bringing in restrictions once the 'festivities' are done and hospitality etc. gets its payday. More interested in economy than people's health and safety.

You think that it's bad/unfair here? Just have a wee look at what it's like elsewhere in Europe. Two examples. No fans at all in any of the Bundesliege stadia or any other level of football in Germany. France, Netherlands, Denmark closed hospitality until end of January.

Edited by embow

14 minutes ago, embow said:

And the same can be said if the opposite happens in England. Mark my words England will be bringing in restrictions once the 'festivities' are done and hospitality etc. gets its payday. More interested in economy than people's health and safety.

You think that it's bad/unfair here? Just have a wee look at what it's like elsewhere in Europe. Two examples. No fans at all in any of the Bundesliege stadia or any other level of football in Germany. France, Netherlands, Denmark closed hospitality until end of January.

How do vaccination rates compare to rest of Europe?