Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, SueSue said:

I agree there are hurdles to a league reconstruction.

In the league of 16 I would play every side 3 times. After playing each other twice you would then play 7 away and 8 at home.

Still not perfect but nothing is going to be perfect at the present time.

That's worse than we have now.

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

Does anyone know what proportion of the prize money is still to be doled out?  Someone on here said that the prize money is paid over the course of the season - March being the latest - but what's left?  The Premiership winners get £3.35M - how much have Celtic received already?

As far as I know Celtic, Rangers, and Motherwell, have all received the equivalent of 6th (£1.5m last season).

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its been made pretty clear over the past decade that they're on a complete power trip, and try to influence literally everything.

St Johnstone held an in-house meeting to decide whether to give them 3 stands. Lawell phoned Steve Brown, without prompt from Saints, to tell him of all the benefits.

They need their grubby fucking fingers in everything.

Celtic have to make everything about them. That’s their ethos from the boardroom to the terraces. 

6 minutes ago, SueSue said:

In the league of 16 I would play every side 3 times. After playing each other twice you would then play 7 away and 8 at home.

Play everyone twice then split into a top 8 and bottom 8 playing everyone another twice 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Forfar have already received just over £60,000, as have every other League One club. That would suggest that, if they are in a position to pay out money for 9th (it won't be all of it because they can't complete until after the SPFL is audited but it will likely equate to last year) then Forfar would be due circa £12,000 (+ VAT).

League Two clubs have had £37k, Championship ones £145k and Premiership ones £950k, except Rangers, Celtic and Motherwell who have received almost £1.2m.

8 minutes ago, The DA said:

Does anyone know what proportion of the prize money is still to be doled out?  Someone on here said that the prize money is paid over the course of the season - March being the latest - but what's left?  The Premiership winners get £3.35M - how much have Celtic received already?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As far as I know Celtic, Rangers, and Motherwell, have all received the equivalent of 6th (£1.5m last season).

I appreciate this thread is fast moving but it's only two pages back!

Just now, The DA said:

Are we sure this isn't happening elsewhere?  Maybe not the same level of shit-show of course.

Belgian sides seem to have voted to end their league, and set a date to end. Their FA then changed the date to end it, and now claimed they might not end at all, it depends on UEFA.

At the same time as this their FA have taken licences off 3 clubs in the division, so now the vote might not stand as these clubs might not be allowed a vote, but the clubs are appealing, so they might need to vote again if they win.

10 minutes ago, SueSue said:

A 16-team league with a split is used in Poland. Obviously not everyone gets 8 games at home and 7 away, though.

This will never be passed as it doesn’t allow for 4 OF games. Could possibly work for the Championship but I still doubt it would get any support from clubs.

Edited by Nightmare

41 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

I've sat through half an hour of that. I can't imagine Scot Gardiner will be popular for broadcasting the contents of a private message group.

More frustrating though is it's perfectly clear the likes of Michael Stewart, Tom English and Willie Miller have neither the first clue about how corporate law works nor any ability to work out how the prize money distribution model works. Considering Miller used to actually be an official in one of our top clubs that's pretty disappointing.

They can't distribute the remaining funds (assuming they have them) without declaring the positions final because THEY ALREADY HAVE DISTRIBUTED THE ENTIRE ELEMENT WHICH ISN'T DEPENDENT ON FINISHING POSITION. The amount left to pay the clubs at the bottom of each league, particularly the lower ones is fairly small. They need declared final positions to pay the rest out. Or an agreement from the clubs I suppose to distribute in some other manner. It could be pooled and split evenly I suppose but the clubs due to finish high up their leagues are unlikely to be agreeable to that.

If reconstruction comes in it needs to be absolutely mental, it would end up a shitshow regardless.

35 team top flight with one game a week involving 3 sides. Play each other once a season, at a neutral venue. 

After 35 games the league is split into groups of 4, with one relegation group of 3. 

All points until that stage are put to zero. 

Mini league works in the way of a group of four, except one game against each other, and you toss a coin to see whos at home. The relegation group of 3 only play each other once, all at the same time. Loser is relegated.

7 clubs left out have their own wee division where they just knock lumps out each other every week, division is called the SPFL Thunderdome.

Edited by RandomGuy.