Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

Think the best way in the future to get reconstruction to happen will be for the SPFL to publish changes which will happen in say 2 seasons time instead of 2 months.

This would remove a lot of the internal 'self interest' bickering about "reconstruction favouring the likes of Dundee, Hearts, Partick and Inverness" as the clubs wouldn't know who's going to be where in two years time. 

I think it's inevitable reconstruction will happen soon enough in the future, i reckon the next 5 years. Now just wasn't the time because it was rushed and the SPFL destroyed the trust between clubs with the fiasco vote involving Dundee right at the start of this. After that the clubs were always going to do whatever they liked instead of listen to the league leaders. 

The aftermath of that vote and self interest i can best think of describing as your boss not following the health and safety rules but then expecting all their employees to follow them.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A feature of this has been, as noted above, that any clamour for reconstruction has been motivated purely by a desire to prevent some clubs, especially Hearts, from facing relegation following a curtailed season.  

The failure to get this through is due in part, to the fact that this has so blatantly been the case.  There's not really been a strong argument put forward by anyone - least of all shouty Budge and English - about why reconstruction is intrinsically a good thing.  I don't see why it is, and I'm afraid that simply saying and assuming that it's somehow non-specifically beneficial, won't change that.

This.

I think rb123 is correct in that the only way to get reconstruction approved in reality is to set it up to happen at the end of the following season. Reconstruction retrospectively is always going to lead to a polarisation of self interest. Clubs could vote far more freely for something to happen next summer (or the one after).

That said, it brings us back to the current point, and Monkey Tennis is absolutely right. The issue here despite lots of noise from supporters who as a group will never agree on anything and therefore half of them at any given time want things changed, there was absolutely no call for reconstruction before covid came along and nobody was looking for it. This reconstruction debate has entirely been about saving Hearts (and to a lesser extent Thistle - I don't think anyone seriously was bothered about a Stranraer side who were miles adrift). If it had been Hamilton in 12th there would have been a bit of noise but no serious move to change it and we all know this.

And that's the wrong reason to bring about a reconstruction nobody really wanted.  Everybody sympathised to an extent, especially with Thistle, but nobody really wanted reconstruction other than the clubs at the top end of the Championship who would directly benefit such as ICT and Dundee.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Keep Thistle up and put Hearts in the Seaside League. Job done IMHO.

What, spare their co-protagonists in shrieking about the horrid injustice of it all to the courts? 

200.gif.a17a7706321c538a1d9000ff5f0b080e.gif

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

So no rule yet ?

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

....... and his face was shut. Well, hopefully. 

Good try but
C42 only days that the new season can’t start before 31st July.
G1,3,4 & 5 are about the BOARD scheduling the fixtures. I don’t think it says that the clubs decide.

Want to try something else ?

I can’t believe any Hearts or Partick Thistle fan thinks this is a good idea. You have almost no chance of winning and no matter what happens, you’re just going to damage relations between the clubs even more than has already happened.

Only positive that can come out of this whole affair is the author of Thistle’s press releases being muted by law to avoid them once again desecrating the English language in such a heinous manner.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

7 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

No I am saying the fixtures should all have been played.

:lol: A hilarious answer.

It begs two questions:

How do you propose that such a thing could have  happened?

If you don't t think that odd refereeing decision was part of the great injustice confronting your club, why mention it in this context?              It's almost as if you're flailing around in a petulant and thoroughly incoherent way.

Think the best way in the future to get reconstruction to happen will be for the SPFL to publish changes which will happen in say 2 seasons time instead of 2 months.
This would remove a lot of the internal 'self interest' bickering about "reconstruction favouring the likes of Dundee, Hearts, Partick and Inverness" as the clubs wouldn't know who's going to be where in two years time. 
I think it's inevitable reconstruction will happen soon enough in the future, i reckon the next 5 years. Now just wasn't the time because it was rushed and the SPFL destroyed the trust between clubs with the fiasco vote involving Dundee right at the start of this. After that the clubs were always going to do whatever they liked instead of listen to the league leaders. 
The aftermath of that vote and self interest i can best think of describing as your boss not following the health and safety rules but then expecting all their employees to follow them.
I think this has had the complete opposite effect - I don't believe there is any chance of reconstruction in the next 5 years.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Good try but
C42 only days that the new season can’t start before 31st July.
G1,3,4 & 5 are about the BOARD scheduling the fixtures. I don’t think it says that the clubs decide.

Want to try something else ?

FFS...

A4 - Season definition.

C11.3 (In regards to PTFC)

You're welcome.

:lol: A hilarious answer.
It begs two questions:
How do you propose that such a thing could have  happened?
If you don't t think that odd refereeing decision was part of the great injustice confronting your club, why mention it in this context?              It's almost as if you're flailing around in a petulant and thoroughly incoherent way.

There is no reason why the season couldn’t be completed when football returns despite some trying to quote non existent rules. The reference to the penalty was in response to somebody else saying that we deserve to be relegated because we didn’t best a team that somebody else had a few days earlier

There is no reason why the season couldn’t be completed when football returns despite some trying to quote non existent rules. The reference to the penalty was in response to somebody else saying that we deserve to be relegated because we didn’t best a team that somebody else had a few days earlier

Explain how you play without players?

Some clubs would be struggling to fulfil fixtures as the bulk of their players contracts will end by the end of June.

Also in terms of European places UEFA needs to know which teams are being entered by the end of July - you can't finish a league off after the point that those places are decided.

Anyone still arguing that the games should be finished is an utter moron.

I get that it's not fair but tell me what solution was going to be fair to everyone?

The answer is none.

Interesting that the 2 clubs mewling about this are in the position they are not because of Covid-19 but because of the horrendous decisions they've made in terms of management and personnel in the past 2-3 years. One game not played did not relegate Partick but all those other games you failed to win or lost.

This.
I think rb123 is correct in that the only way to get reconstruction approved in reality is to set it up to happen at the end of the following season. Reconstruction retrospectively is always going to lead to a polarisation of self interest. Clubs could vote far more freely for something to happen next summer (or the one after).
That said, it brings us back to the current point, and Monkey Tennis is absolutely right. The issue here despite lots of noise from supporters who as a group will never agree on anything and therefore half of them at any given time want things changed, there was absolutely no call for reconstruction before covid came along and nobody was looking for it. This reconstruction debate has entirely been about saving Hearts (and to a lesser extent Thistle - I don't think anyone seriously was bothered about a Stranraer side who were miles adrift). If it had been Hamilton in 12th there would have been a bit of noise but no serious move to change it and we all know this.
And that's the wrong reason to bring about a reconstruction nobody really wanted.  Everybody sympathised to an extent, especially with Thistle, but nobody really wanted reconstruction other than the clubs at the top end of the Championship who would directly benefit such as ICT and Dundee.

This is spot on and what Tom English, Neil McCann and co can’t compute in their heads!

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I can’t believe any Hearts or Partick Thistle fan thinks this is a good idea. You have almost no chance of winning and no matter what happens, you’re just going to damage relations between the clubs even more than has already happened.

Only positive that can come out of this whole affair is the author of Thistle’s press releases being muted by law to avoid them once again desecrating the English language in such a heinous manner.

I certainly don't think it's a good idea, but I'm happy to give you lot something to moan/laugh at for a while longer yet. 

It's not as if it's gonna hurt US going forward - worst case scenario we end up at exactly the same place, but with a bunch of no-mark clubs even more fed up with us! 

Edited by bad chad
Autocorrect!

Explain how you play without players?

Some clubs would be struggling to fulfil fixtures as the bulk of their players contracts will end by the end of June.

Also in terms of European places UEFA needs to know which teams are being entered by the end of July - you can't finish a league off after the point that those places are decided.

Anyone still arguing that the games should be finished is an utter moron.

I get that it's not fair but tell me what solution was going to be fair to everyone?

The answer is none.

Interesting that the 2 clubs mewling about this are in the position they are not because of Covid-19 but because of the horrendous decisions they've made in terms of management and personnel in the past 2-3 years. One game not played did not relegate Partick but all those other games you failed to win or lost.

It’s interesting that you think Eufa competition is more important than domestic competition.

Still no one has pointed out anywhere in the rules that something couldn’t be done about players.

You are absolutely right it’s unfair, but all the arguments hiding behind the rules are bogus. If you look close enough at the rules, they have been changed specifically for 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons.

Again, in case you missed it and several people have pointed out we have been rubbish for 3 seasons but we survived on the very last game of 2018/19.