Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

21 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Not sure what to say to this guy. Points for the best replies...

Ask him which particular shafting he's referring to this time. Hearts have so many to choose from?

Then point out to him since he's obviously too stupid to have noticed, what Mike Mulraney's role in Scottish football actually is. He then won't buy a ticket anyway.

5 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

my junior team restarted training last week and had to cancel last nights training and all training until at least 24th , so it’s not just poor Hearts that this effects 

I expect your team has only been proportionately disadvantaged though, so it's nothing like the horrific injustice that has once again been dealt to hapless Hearts. 

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ask him which particular shafting he's referring to this time. Hearts have so many to choose from?

Then point out to him since he's obviously too stupid to have noticed, what Mike Mulraney's role in Scottish football actually is. He then won't buy a ticket anyway.

I really like that one to be honest. I forget we run the SFA.

Not really sure why hearts feel that they are being shafted so much more than other clubs.

They presumably trained yesterday before they were told to stop.

So they’re paying contracts etc between the 14th and the 24th but not being allowed to train.

Most other championship clubs were due back on the 17th, so they will be incurring the same costs between the 17th and 24th but not able to train.

All clubs will be missing out, Hearts will be missing out on 2/3 days more than the rest.

Not really a massive injustice or conspiracy against Hearts now is it?

Of course the question of whether the lower leagues should be stopped while the ‘perpetrators’ in the premier are allowed to continue is a totally different argument. But it’s not a conspiracy against Hearts.

21 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Not really sure why hearts feel that they are being shafted so much more than other clubs.

They presumably trained yesterday before they were told to stop.

So they’re paying contracts etc between the 14th and the 24th but not being allowed to train.

Most other championship clubs were due back on the 17th, so they will be incurring the same costs between the 17th and 24th but not able to train.

All clubs will be missing out, Hearts will be missing out on 2/3 days more than the rest.

Not really a massive injustice or conspiracy against Hearts now is it?

Of course the question of whether the lower leagues should be stopped while the ‘perpetrators’ in the premier are allowed to continue is a totally different argument. But it’s not a conspiracy against Hearts.

Hearts have already taken their players off furlough. Presumably the clubs who haven't started training yet will be able to keep theirs on it.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Hearts have already taken their players off furlough. Presumably the clubs who haven't started training yet will be able to keep theirs on it.

True, but it's possible a number of the new employed players the likes of Ayr, Raith and Dunfermline in particular have signed up are due to start on 17th and they can't be furloughed. It's equally possible they have been paying them since they announced their signings so it makes no odds. Only those clubs will know that.

14 hours ago, Grant228 said:

With Ayrs QR code did you not have away fans just buying one QR code, then passing it on to a bunch of other away fans so they didn't have to pay? Sure that was mentioned. 

Providing there's a way for card payments at a stadium I really don't see it as being that much of an advantage, infact I don't see it as an advantage at all with regards to doing it contactless at the turnstiles... At this level anyway. 

It’s more of a convenience thing, for the fans who can simply appear at the turnstile. Some locations have a decent trudge from the ticket office to the appropriate gate, so simplifying things for the casual fans might help a wee bit. Plus, if you’d normally have two in the ticket office, moving one to the turnstile might smooth entry as a bonus. Not saying it’s a panacea or anything, but it would seem to be more efficient...and the teams on the edge can always use efficiency.  

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Out of respect for Hearts concerns, Alloa Athletic F.C. will not resume training activities until 24 Aug, thus ensuring our behaviors don’t adversely impact Hearts?

32 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’s more of a convenience thing, for the fans who can simply appear at the turnstile. Some locations have a decent trudge from the ticket office to the appropriate gate, so simplifying things for the casual fans might help a wee bit. Plus, if you’d normally have two in the ticket office, moving one to the turnstile might smooth entry as a bonus. Not saying it’s a panacea or anything, but it would seem to be more efficient...and the teams on the edge can always use efficiency.  

Anyone who already went to the trouble of getting to the ground isn't not going to go in because they need to visit a ticket office with their card. On the other hand, having a card payment facility at the turnstile both holds any queue up significantly and opens the whole thing up to abuse from the turnstile attendant in letting people in for cheap prices.

I really don't see why this is important. If you are going to do convenience entry then the Ayr way is better and standing trying to physically pay with plastic at a turnstile.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I hadn't considered that to be fair, and yeah that's a sore one.

But as mentioned, other clubs new signings will most likely still have to be paid.

If Hearts were savvy about it I'm sure that having players in the classroom in small groups would not break any rules and would allow them to work on the theory side of the game.  I'm sure there is plenty of that sort of thing done at a big club like Hearts 😏

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Go along the lines of...

1 st thing to say is Alloa don't get involved in petty things. 

9 days is all you will have to wait until you can train.

8 players from Aberdeen are the players you should be questioning.

6 points is all you needed to guarantee safety last season.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Go along the lines of...

1 st thing to say is Alloa don't get involved in petty things. 

9 days is all you will have to wait until you can train.

8 players from Aberdeen are the players you should be questioning.

6 points is all you needed to guarantee safety last season.

I'm not old enough to understand the seethe of that reference