Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Celtic, Aberdeen, Bolingoli and the Aberdeen 8 all now charged by the SFA.

Reading between the lines it's all appeasement at this point. It's obvious the government is going to come down hard on any more breaches and if that happens there will be plenty of clubs going under. If they say jump the SFA will say how high because that's the only way to stop that total distaster.

On the Hearts situation, in the grander scheme of things I wouldn't care. We're in the middle of a pandemic still despite the good couple months we've had. You're going to need to be ready at any time to stop what you are doing and listen to instructions. Making a fuss about it is daft.

Edited by LeodhasXD

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Anyone who already went to the trouble of getting to the ground isn't not going to go in because they need to visit a ticket office with their card. On the other hand, having a card payment facility at the turnstile both holds any queue up significantly and opens the whole thing up to abuse from the turnstile attendant in letting people in for cheap prices.

I really don't see why this is important. If you are going to do convenience entry then the Ayr way is better and standing trying to physically pay with plastic at a turnstile.

Fair enough, I just consider it useful to think of the possibilities for more efficiency in the future, but your points are well taken.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Leading candidate for post of the month and in the running for post of the year!

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Never gets old. Will always raise a smile.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Bolingoli and the Aberdeen 8 now charged by the SFA.

Celtic and Aberdeen under investigation from the SPFL for breaches of protocol.

But...but...Hearts! Conspiracies! Unfair! Etc!

17 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I really don't see why this is important. If you are going to do convenience entry then the Ayr way is better and standing trying to physically pay with plastic at a turnstile.

Have to agree with this, fwiw. We do the same as Ayr, in that you can buy a ticket on your phone, get it emailed, and then get it scanned at the turnstile, and its significantly better and quicker than paying cash at the gate (after the initial teething issues).

County and St Mirren, last time I went, made you queue up at a booth to get tickets, and then queue up again to get in. To me thats the worst possible way, and card at the turnstile might be better. But the "Ayr way" is the best.

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have to agree with this, fwiw. We do the same as Ayr, in that you can buy a ticket on your phone, get it emailed, and then get it scanned at the turnstile, and its significantly better and quicker than paying cash at the gate (after the initial teething issues).

County and St Mirren, last time I went, made you queue up at a booth to get tickets, and then queue up again to get in. To me thats the worst possible way, and card at the turnstile might be better. But the "Ayr way" is the best.

The two line versus one was part of my point, it is certainly less efficient, especially with distributed technology getting pretty cheap these days. However, the other points about cards at the gate are equally valid...a few years ago I would have bristled at the QR on the phone and asked “what about”, but now all but the most simple phones can do this, so...

New Yale/SalivaDirect COVID test is showing results in 3 hours from common reagents, and costing below £10 per test. If it becomes fully available, would that be a game changer for football resuming, although still possibly behind closed doors? Surely being able to test your team two or three times a week for perhaps less than £1,000 would make this doable.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Shocked at how badly they took it to be honest. Bunch of rabid manchildren at that club.

I'm not. First chance I've had to look at that again since you posted it. Some pathetic stuff from Hearts fans, especially the original poster. However will Alloa get through life and continue existing without him going back? I expect he was there nearly every week before too. 🙄

35 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not. First chance I've had to look at that again since you posted it. Some pathetic stuff from Hearts fans, especially the original poster. However will Alloa get through life and continue existing without him going back? I expect he was there nearly every week before too. 🙄

Particularly liked the arithmetic that one boycotted visit from Hearts will cost us £100,000.

By my maths £18 per adult ticket for 1800 = £32400

minus 20% for VAT = £25920

that's for all adults though.

Assuming the demographic is 80% adults with 10% u16 and 10% over 65 = £23256

All in all a figure worth about 10% of their administrators fee.

Imagine the seethe when the wee teams tell them they can't have an extended bench🙃

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Are Championship clubs allowed to train next week ? I take it all players and staff will have to be tested twice a week.

The James Anderson money will it cover all cost of testing 

Further announcements due on Thursday ( 20th) regarding training etc out-with Premiership clubs 

23 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Particularly liked the arithmetic that one boycotted visit from Hearts will cost us £100,000.

By my maths £18 per adult ticket for 1800 = £32400

minus 20% for VAT = £25920

that's for all adults though.

Assuming the demographic is 80% adults with 10% u16 and 10% over 65 = £23256

All in all a figure worth about 10% of their administrators fee.

You probably want to check your maths a bit? You've taken too much VAT off by deducting 20% of the gross and not 20% of the net. The net figure is 5/6ths of the gross so it's £27,000. (Every adult ticket is £15 + VAT).

I'd say your demographic is slightly high for percentage of adults too. We had 75% adults when they were last here though the difference is admittedly trivial.

I'd say a visit from Hearts, for you if 1,800 is your away ticket limit, is probably worth £24k / £25k. You're not going to be allowed a full away attendance in a month of sundays this season though anyway I presume so it's going to be much less than that.