Lockdown Achievements

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Started reading Yukio Mishima in lockdown. If I rock up outside Holyrood and commit ritual seppuku will this count towards the coronavirus statistics?

What are you reading?

I've only read the tetralogy. Been meaning to read more of him for ages. 

The only thing I've got going is one Bob Dylan album every week day. This is day 7 so Blonde on Blonde, I don't think I've listened to any of the albums between Street Legal and Time Out of Mind all the way through so that should be interesting even if they are shite.

Edited by Detournement

Picked up a load of litter from the garden, swept up and bagged leaves, finished pruning the apple trees.  All tasks that I don’t like doing but that needed done.  Also good exercise.

Edited by Granny Danger

Started reading Yukio Mishima in lockdown. If I rock up outside Holyrood and commit ritual seppuku will this count towards the coronavirus statistics?

You have to try and seize power in a military coup first. Oh and be a secretly gay bodybuilder too.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

What are you reading?

The only thing I've got going is one Bob Dylan album every week day. This is day 7 so Blonde on Blonde, I don't think I've listened to any of the albums between Street Legal and Time Out of Mind all the way through so that should be interesting even if they are shite.

Reading Sun and Steel atm. Some writer for a guy who loathes writing.

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

You have to try and seize power in a military coup first. Oh and be a secretly gay bodybuilder too.

What makes you think I haven't completed the latter?

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

What are you reading?

Street legal has a couple of great songs on it.  I think Frank black covered a song off it.   A bit soppy, but 'is your love in vain' is a brilliant song 

Halfway through series 2 of The Shield but opted for Sergio Leone's "dollars trilogy" today, although they're not strictly a trilogy, as Van Cleef is a good guy until he re-appears as Angel Eyes in the 3rd movie.

A Fistful of Dollars, pretty raw with plenty violence.

A Few Dollars More, decent but not outstanding.

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, a polished masterpiece.

Back to the gardening tomorrow & get the dead moss raked out.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Reading Sun and Steel atm. Some writer for a guy who loathes writing.

The Sea Of Fertility series is great but it's different translators so it's a bit up and down in quality. It would be amazing if someone would shell out for new translations but he's probably on a publishing shit list with Celine and Woody Allen.

The second book in that series Runaway Horses foreshadows the coup attempt.

2 hours ago, HooseLee said:

Street legal has a couple of great songs on it.  I think Frank black covered a song off it.   A bit soppy, but 'is your love in vain' is a brilliant song 

Street Legal is great. Changing Of The Guards is a classic Dylan opener. 

Edited by Detournement

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Sea Of Tranquility series is great but it's different translators so it's a bit up and down in quality. It would be amazing if someone would shell out for new translations but he's probably on a publishing shit list with Celine and Woody Allen.

That's the one.  Is it after that album when he started doing the Christian albums?   

9 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

That's the one.  Is it after that album when he started doing the Christian albums?   

Aye but Street Legal bridges nicely to it as it's got the black soul female backing singers. He married and knocked up at least one of them.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Halfway through series 2 of The Shield but opted for Sergio Leone's "dollars trilogy" today, although they're not strictly a trilogy, as Van Cleef is a good guy until he re-appears as Angel Eyes in the 3rd movie.

I love TGTBaTU, but mostly because of Morricone’s score.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

The Sea Of Fertility series is great but it's different translators so it's a bit up and down in quality. It would be amazing if someone would shell out for new translations but he's probably on a publishing shit list with Celine and Woody Allen.

He's nowhere near as much of a wrong un as Woody Allen. We've all dreamed of starting a shirtless militia with the fellas and botching a seppuku attempt.

I picked up Spring Snow and Confessions of a Mask.

On 05/04/2020 at 12:49, Rugster said:

Tomato purée goes in the fridge once it’s opened and why is there a tub of glue in the rack?

His sticky toffee pudding must really stick. 

14 hours ago, Silverton End said:

A mere coincidence, I'm sure.

Test run of Karcher pressure washer. Bought the K2 imagining that it was all the pressure I'd ever need. Instantly wished I'd ordered a bigger, bladder pressure washer.

Meh. Such is life.

Cycled 24 km for the second day in a row. Arse is in tatters.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Test run of Karcher pressure washer. Bought the K2 imagining that it was all the pressure I'd ever need. Instantly wished I'd ordered a bigger, bladder pressure washer.

Meh. Such is life.

Cycled 24 km for the second day in a row. Arse is in tatters.

DIY colonic irrigation?