Falkirk Council Refuse Collection

The council will be dealing with the same problems everybody else is - staff self-isolating or being unwell - and they will quite rightly be looking to redeploy staff to support essential functions like social care where they can, as well as reducing all unnecessary work.

How long does it even take to fill your plastic or paper bin anyway? I don't think either of mine has ever been more than half full with the current rate of collections. For most people the odd trip to a dump once every few weeks with a few bin bags is practically zero risk with no need to physically touch anything or be in proximity to anyone. Certainly less risk than sending the guys out in the lorries together unnecessarily to touch hundreds of bins a day. Obviously the elderly or those without cars might have some difficulty but they should have support networks or social work to help out, or they can use some basic common sense and do what Marshmallo is suggesting.
Emptying refuse is an essential function, and given what not doing it brings, I'd put it in about the highest tier of the council functions. Every one of my bins is full to bursting at every collection date.

9 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

The council will be dealing with the same problems everybody else is - staff self-isolating or being unwell - and they will quite rightly be looking to redeploy staff to support essential functions like social care where they can, as well as reducing all unnecessary work.

How long does it even take to fill your plastic or paper bin anyway? I don't think either of mine has ever been more than half full with the current rate of collections. For most people the odd trip to a dump once every few weeks with a few bin bags is practically zero risk with no need to physically touch anything or be in proximity to anyone. Certainly less risk than sending the guys out in the lorries together unnecessarily to touch hundreds of bins a day. Obviously the elderly or those without cars might have some difficulty but they should have support networks or social work to help out, or they can use some basic common sense and do what Marshmallo is suggesting.

The Highland recycling centres have closed for the duration, but they haven't stopped emptying the recycling bins anyway.

Know what the worst thing about shite like this is.... The generic patter on the website about making sure you dispose of your own waste safely etc.

We are taking away the inherently safe service for doing this, for which you pay, and in order to cover ourselves we will write some bollocks attempt at are covering.... Something something safety bla bla bla. Totally meaningless and Carrie's no weight whatsoever. Just a shallow attempt to absolve responsibility.

Get Falkirk council on the c***s list

Your main refuse bin is still being collected though. I don't really see the issue with having a binful of paper/cardboard or clean plastic/tins etc sitting for a few months, if you're able to take what would otherwise be collected of that nature to a dump every few weeks. What does not doing it bring?

Your main refuse bin is still being collected though. I don't really see the issue with having a binful of paper/cardboard or clean plastic/tins etc sitting for a few months, if you're able to take what would otherwise be collected of that nature to a dump every few weeks. What does not doing it bring?

It's not my main bin though. If anything, less now goes in the green bin than the others. Not doing it will result in folk dumping shite all over the place. We all know it will. We also know that not everyone will clean their stuff out. Maybe the rats will only congregate round those places, probably not though. I dont have space to store bags and bags of blue/burgundy bin waste around my house. Nor do I have the inclination. I also dont consider the frequent trips to the dump that this entails neccessary or even reasonable, given the circumstances, the safest thing to do as regards rubbish collection is to continue having folk move their bins to the kerb, and have small teams of guys paid to do so, collect them with no risk of social contact in doing so.

You cant say the same for 2 cowps open 2 or 3 days a week to service a very very large number of people.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Carrie's no weight whatsoever. 

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Has she been ill?

she had a bit of a funny turn a little while back - something about "thought about school and it burst in to flames and burned to the ground" or some such bollocks...

1 hour ago, Hard Graft said:

That comment came from what people are saying on Facebook. I do not think the majority of people will withhold but there is a strong feeling against the Council who increased the tax by 4.8% and the members of the Council  who are intent on building a new council building and civic centre at whatever the cost.

Thousands of people are dying and the country is lockdown and people are being mildly inconvenienced  with changes in bin collections.

Utter cretins.

We have an incinerator bin which we bought during some other crisis, possibly beast from the east, to burn papers and free up space that way.

Someone put on our local town page today that burning your own rubbish was banned, can anyone enlighten me further?

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Know what the worst thing about shite like this is.... The generic patter on the website about making sure you dispose of your own waste safely etc.

We are taking away the inherently safe service for doing this, for which you pay, and in order to cover ourselves we will write some bollocks attempt at are covering.... Something something safety bla bla bla. Totally meaningless and Carrie's no weight whatsoever. Just a shallow attempt to absolve responsibility.

Get Falkirk council on the c***s list

32 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Has she been ill?

Did we ever find out where she moved to?

22 minutes ago, ddfg said:

We have an incinerator bin which we bought during some other crisis, possibly beast from the east, to burn papers and free up space that way.

Someone put on our local town page today that burning your own rubbish was banned, can anyone enlighten me further?

Unless you intend to light up the sky like Mossmorran, just make sure none of your neighbours have a washing out.

They will be the same folk that will be ordering stuff online and complaining that its late or unavailable during this period of shutdown

Thousands of people are dying and the country is lockdown and people are being mildly inconvenienced  with changes in bin collections.
Utter cretins.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Emptying refuse is an essential function, and given what not doing it brings, I'd put it in about the highest tier of the council functions. Every one of my bins is full to bursting at every collection date.

What the duck are you doing then?

The website says its a four weekly cycle if your family are filling three bins every four weeks you really need to take a hard look at yourself and your footprint.

Edited by Junior Pub League