Home Haircuts

Venti

I’m a no.3 all over so fairly easy to keep under control. But that's the (19yo) laddie finally crumbled and asked me to deal with his mop. 

A no.6 over the top and a 2 up the back and sides. Judging by the look on his face and rather ungracious comments it seems there might be a wee bit of skill in that barbering malarkey after all!! 🤣🤣

I was considering shaving it all off but I managed to crack my head on the door of the bathroom cabinet the other night and it's left a bit of a mark. My hair is covering it up so I'm taking that as a sign that I shouldn't shave it off.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after getting a haircut on the week before lockdown, I have finally succumbed to the gauge 1 all over. Pleasantly surprised and likely to be my haircut for the foreseeable. Certianly wint have it any longer again.

With the advert of the sunny weather recently, may I advise those whipping aff the thatch for the first time to invest in a wee hat. Baseball cap will do.

You might not realise it, but your hair does a surprising amount to prevent your brains getting cooked by the summer sun; you can end up feeling seriously ill quite quickly. Also, don't shave off your eyebrows, unless you fancy spending a couple of weeks staggering around half-blind because the sweat from your forehead has nothing to stop it running right into your eyes. You won't suit it, either. No exceptions.

HTH.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

With the advert of the sunny weather recently, may I advise those whipping aff the thatch for the first time to invest in a wee hat. Baseball cap will do.

You might not realise it, but your hair does a surprising amount to prevent your brains getting cooked by the summer sun; you can end up feeling seriously ill quite quickly. Also, don't shave off your eyebrows, unless you fancy spending a couple of weeks staggering around half-blind because the sweat from your forehead has nothing to stop it running right into your eyes. You won't suit it, either. No exceptions.

HTH.

Cooked brains would improve the quality of most posts on P&B.

Also HTH.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Cooked brains would improve the quality of most posts on P&B.

Also HTH.

I'd like to think I'd have been witty and insightful if it weren't for all the times I Hannibal'd myself back in the day.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'd like to think I'd have been witty and insightful if it weren't for all the times I Hannibal'd myself back in the day.

Witty?  Nah.

Insightful?  Nah.

Really HTH.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Witty?  Nah.

Insightful?  Nah.

Really HTH.

You don't know, man. You weren't there. I coulda been a contender.

59 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

HTH.

I'd like to think most folk don't need to be told that.

• 2 weeks later...
I went number 3 all over about 6 weeks ago. It’s growing out now and I do look strange. Quite like it.
Its goes a bit like a microphone. Same here.
I tried to cut the sides but it's too difficult, thinking of putting a tammy on half way next time.