The SPFL recommendation?

Are you essentially saying it’s not really about what league you are in but who’s in it with you? 

Yes, obviously that’s what I’m saying. Do you think we would be financially better off as a club playing in a league with falkirk, thistle, airdrie or Annan, Elgin, Albion rovers?

It doesn’t matter if it’s tier 3 on paper. We would be playing teams with far smaller away supports and financially much worse off. Contrast that to Dumbarton (1 place above us in league one mid table) who get to play all of the championship teams and the best of league one. You can’t make that sort of stuff up off the cuff, clubs need to know in advance what they are playing for.

There was no prior warning the league would be stopped with a quarter of the games still to be played either.
Of course they are making it up as they go along, there is a deadly virus sweeping the globe that nobody planned for [emoji85].
Are you essentially saying it’s not really about what league you are in but who’s in it with you? 

Of course it’s about whose in it with you!

Makes no odds what number you give the league.
Clyde and Peterhead (and maybe Forfar) deserve on merit to be in a league with clubs like Raith/Partick, Falkirk, Airdrie, East Fife etc and the hundreds of fans they bring.

Not in a league with Cowdenbeath, Elgin and Annan who bring two men and a dug.

If you can’t see why these teams would be upset then there’s no hope for you.
And those teams would be far more hard done by under those proposals than teams relegated based on being bottom after 77% of the season has been completed.

Been too busy watching Raiders of The Lost Ark on telly this evening, where the Nazis were trying to steal the Covenant, but were eventually thwarted at the end. Somewhat fitting today.

Edited by bairney

Of course it’s about whose in it with you!

Makes no odds what number you give the league.
Clyde and Peterhead (and maybe Forfar) deserve on merit to be in a league with clubs like Raith/Partick, Falkirk, Airdrie, East Fife etc and the hundreds of fans they bring.

Not in a league with Cowdenbeath, Elgin and Annan who bring two men and a dug.

If you can’t see why these teams would be upset then there’s no hope for you.
And those teams would be far more hard done by under those proposals than teams relegated based on being bottom after 77% of the season has been completed.

Nail on the head here !

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think it's just they way you're reading it, or the way they've written it, more accurately. I think they're saying that Hearts & Rangers were against (not that they voted no) but one of them didn't vote, not that they both voted no and a third didn't cast a vote. 

That sounds right in my head anyway!

It’s been clarified. When score was given as 10-1 Hearts hadn’t voted, but voted No just after 5 O’clock so ended up 10-2 Hearts and Rangers voting no

4 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

It’s been clarified. When score was given as 10-1 Hearts hadn’t voted, but voted No just after 5 O’clock so ended up 10-2 Hearts and Rangers voting no

I thought someone said county abstained but that's obviously pish then.

55 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not wanting null and void. I want money given out, season called but no definite decision on promotion and relegation just yet. I cant really foresee a situation where raith wont go up so god knows why so many raith fans are getting their knickers in a twist over that. I want see us at least exhausting all proposals and ideas on how to lessen the effects of calling it now on the clubs that would lose out.  Giving out a proposal and saying there you go agree to that or your not getting any money to me isn't acceptable especially when they were trying to force clubs that had 28 days to vote for it in 2.  Our chairman might well have come out with the same nonsense and if he did he would be getting compete pelters from me for doing it.

Apologies thought you were a null and void campaigner.Difficult to keep up and cant be ersed trolling through all the posts.

Dont get this money given out and season called but no decision on promo or relegation,thats more complicated then the proposals.

IMO theres little chance of football resuming before August so there has to be some sort of decision made on the way forward

Personally would rather see a restructuring of the leagues but that aint,t going to happen,sky,and again self interest from the top teams

As much as our BOD have done for our club I,m one that wishes in this instance our chairman didnt put himself out there in the media,he makes it sound desperate..

T

As an aside.If i had my way rangers wouldn,t get a vote on anything.They talk about integrity,they dont know what it means

54 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

You're certainly handling this well.

I rest my case.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Apologies thought you were a null and void campaigner.Difficult to keep up and cant be ersed trolling through all the posts.

Dont get this money given out and season called but no decision on promo or relegation,thats more complicated then the proposals.

IMO theres little chance of football resuming before August so there has to be some sort of decision made on the way forward

Personally would rather see a restructuring of the leagues but that aint,t going to happen,sky,and again self interest from the top teams

I rest my case.

Your case seems to be an absolutely eye-bleeding load of shite tbf.

No it doesn’t. It keeps them in the 3rd league where they’d be anyway [emoji2373]
It would put Clyde in the bottom league, where we're not at the moment.

Can I assume you'd be in favour of this proposal?

And that Falkirk fans previous objections weren't based on principle but on self interest?

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Your case seems to be an absolutely eye-bleeding load of shite tbf.

Tbf You seem to handling this well 😂

We all know the reason East Fifes fans want  null and void

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Can these bafoons running our game not do anything correct. How hard can it be to organise a vote between your members and communicate the result. Honestly how our game still has the support of so many fans is hard to grasp. I actually despair at the complete and utter shambles that is the SPFL board absolutely cringeworthy. 

No it doesn’t. It keeps them in the 3rd league where they’d be anyway [emoji2373]
We would be in the bottom league and only one relegation away from the Lowland league.

If we were relegated this season then we would be playing the 10 teams in league 2. Under the 14 team league reconstruction we finish 7th and still end up playing the 10 teams from league 2.

Any vote on it will get rejected again anyway. Falkirk would vote in favour this time but the likes of Clyde and Cove would switch to no.

We would still have to play 4 times which is the major criticism of the current system so what’s the point of going to 14s?

Seems as good a time as any to point out what a shite idea 14 team leagues are.

You can’t play 4 times because that’s 52 games which is way too many games.

You can’t play twice because it’s 26 games which is too few.

You can’t play 3 games because that’s imbalanced.

So you have to have a split of some sort. And splits are a bit shit.
But probably home and away, then split and home and away again is the best way to go and gives you 38 games plus play offs.

I’d rather just keep 12/10/10/10 thanks.

15 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

As much as our BOD have done for our club I,m one that wishes in this instance our chairman didnt put himself out there in the media,he makes it sound desperate..

T

As an aside.If i had my way rangers wouldn,t get a vote on anything.They talk about integrity,they dont know what it means

I rest my case.

It's basically what the top flight are doing. They've voted to get their cash now but as shown by the reason aberdeen changed to a yes they can do whatever they want regarding how they finish off their season no matter how the vote turns out.

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

It would put Clyde in the bottom league, where we're not at the moment.

Can I assume you'd be in favour of this proposal?

And that Falkirk fans previous objections weren't based on principle but on self interest?

Yes I’d be in favour of this proposal.

League reconstruction has been needed for a long time. 

Just now, stevoraith said:

Seems as good a time as any to point out what a shite idea 14 team leagues are.

You can’t play 4 times because that’s 52 games which is way too many games.

You can’t play twice because it’s 26 games which is too few.

You can’t play 3 games because that’s imbalanced.

So you have to have a split of some sort. And splits are a bit shit.
But probably home and away, then split and home and away again is the best way to go and gives you 38 games plus play offs.

I’d rather just keep 12/10/10/10 thanks.

It is pish and surely not the only plan that can be proposed . Reconstruction needs discussions over a matter of weeks and not over a couple of pints on a night oot.