The SPFL recommendation?

11 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Nope, funnily enough that's not what I meant.

I wonder what the final head's gone count's going to be in Kirkcaldy by the end of the weekend.

Aye? So says the loser on here who's team sits outwith the entire equation and whom it will affect not a bit other than giving you a reason to drown your sorrows at New year.

jog on!

I've asked that a couple of times in the Championship. Nobody seems to have a clue where this mysterious figure appeared from. I'm presuming it's what they think is the lost gate receipts from cancelling the rest of this season's fixtures, in which case it's a ludicrous argument but you wouldn't know. It could mean anything.

If it is lost gate receipts etc then that's an absurd argument. The season isn't going to be finished, at this level anyway, and the sooner we all realise that the better. The rich leagues might be able to last but I reckon that decision will be taken out of their hands by UEFA soon enough.

Even if league reconstruction was to happen Dundee wouldn't go up. They just need to admit the reason they don't want it is Utd go up and they might have less gate receipts next season.

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
44 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:
Ok so would you rather be in the third tear and have a chance of winning it or be in the third tear with no chance of winning it but have Falkirk and Thistle bringing big away supports? Genuinely intrigued by this. 

So you were glad to be in league two this season with a chance to win it rather than the championship?

Very different mate. I’d rather be in the Championship - a higher division.
You face the prospect of being in the 3rd league whatever happens. My question is, would you rather be in the 3rd league with a chance of winning it and being promoted? Or be in the 3rd league with no chance of winning it but have increased revenue from having bigger clubs in the league? Not a dig, genuine intrigue as to what people feel is a priority. 

4 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Aye? So says the loser on here who's team sits outwith the entire equation and whom it will affect not a bit other than giving you a reason to drown your sorrows at New year.

jog on!

Is this you when you're trying to prove you're not having a meltdown?

7 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

Unfair on East Fife to promote the top 4 as is as they have been in the top 4 all season until the final game before the stop surely the only fair way to promote from league 1 is the top 6 or none

When the f**k did this happen?

1 minute ago, East Fife is best said:

BBC reporter reporting Dundee are away to change there no vote to a yes so basically been paid off by the SPFL and that's why they have said 1 still outstanding from the championship

I'd be truly surprised at this.  Dundee fans will have a meltdown.

12 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Very different mate. I’d rather be in the Championship - a higher division.
You face the prospect of being in the 3rd league whatever happens. My question is, would you rather be in the 3rd league with a chance of winning it and being promoted? Or be in the 3rd league with no chance of winning it but have increased revenue from having bigger clubs in the league? Not a dig, genuine intrigue as to what people feel is a priority. 

You are slow

So the reconstruction they are on about is the lowland and highland leagues and making it a proper pyramid structure:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18372332.spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-meet-lowland-league-discuss-reconstruction-proposal/

It has prompted calls from the Lowland and Highland Leagues to open the SPFL to radical reconstruction involving their clubs. High on the agenda at Monday’s meeting will be a discussion with Doncaster around the potential for opening up the pyramid to a straightforward entry for clubs from the Lowland League, whose chairman George Fraser yesterday called on the SPFL to seize the opportunity for substantive change. 

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Of course it’s about whose in it with you!

Makes no odds what number you give the league.
Clyde and Peterhead (and maybe Forfar) deserve on merit to be in a league with clubs like Raith/Partick, Falkirk, Airdrie, East Fife etc and the hundreds of fans they bring.

Not in a league with Cowdenbeath, Elgin and Annan who bring two men and a dug.

If you can’t see why these teams would be upset then there’s no hope for you.
And those teams would be far more hard done by under those proposals than teams relegated based on being bottom after 77% of the season has been completed.

Actually, they could make it work IF they realigned the payouts too. Of course, that would, to make any of it work, require Celtic and Sevco to take effective decreases in prize money. Fat chance, but the best once in recent times.