The SPFL recommendation?

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

England? No. Germany? No. Spain ? No , italy? No,holland? No .  No league worth its salt has one just a complete diddy leagues like ours. Embarrassing pish.

I have to admire your endurance on this thread, however, you are stretching yourself to believe that Scottish football is on a par with those quoted.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Really? You sure about that chief?

Absolutely. Today’s vote came within one of being accepted. As time passes and money gets tighter, then minds will focus even more. The notion that clubs are going to revert to a scenario that pisses off the 4 league leaders and every single team in a play off place is absolute nonsense. 

How about 12-12-10/10. Keep the Premier as is, with a playoff tweak, and mirror it with the Championship. Bellow that, we have Scottish League East and Scottish League West, each comprising 10 teams.

1 auto promotion/demotion for Premier/Championship, playoff for promotion or non-relegation, between #11 and #’s 2-4. 11 plays 4, 2 plays 3, winners duke it out...both best of two games, team higher on the pyramid given the choice of home or away first.

League play is 27 games versus your League and 10 versus the other League. That’s 13 or 14 home in League and 5 home cross League. 37 games and 18 or 19 home fixtures. Top in each League is promoted, bottom two in Championship are relegated. Numbers 2 and 3 enter playoffs with Championship #9. Each #2 plays the #3 from the other League, winner play, and winner of that plays Championship #9 for promotion.

At the bottom, the #10 in each League drops into either Highland or Lowland League and their respective top teams are promoted.

The alignment of the Leagues will be decided each year by a three arbitrator panel. Two voted on by the 20 teams, highest two vote getters win, and then they select the third.

Just now, roverthemoon said:

Absolutely. Today’s vote came within one of being accepted. As time passes and money gets tighter, then minds will focus even more. The notion that clubs are going to revert to a scenario that pisses off the 4 league leaders and every single team in a play off place is absolute nonsense. 

Are we not in a play off place no?

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Are we not in a play off place no?

So, just to make sure I understand this correctly, Dundee’s proposal is to award United the title but condemn them and by definition yourself to staying in the second teir?  God, you must either hate them or desperately need the cash from the derbies. Maybe both. 

What a fucking night. I love Scottish football.

No matter what side of the fence we lie on, surely we can all by united by what an absolute shit show this was. 

Edited by CALDERON

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

No matter what side of the fence we lie on, surely we can all by united by what an absolute shit show this was. 

Peak Scottish football. 
Keep your obscene wages, foreign players and VAR. I’d rather have Doncaster making a huge fucking arse of this. 

Edited by roverthemoon

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

An analogy if I may.

The Anniversary episode of Fawlty Towers where the wee baldy bloke Roger takes glee in the crumbling of Basil is fucking epic.

The schadenfreude of posters breakdowns has been spectacular.

3 hours ago, DiamondJack85 said:

A 14-14-14 setup would have everyone meet each other twice before a split, and then meet everyone within their half a further twice after the split. Gives 26 games before the split and then a further 12 after, a total of 2 extra games per season than the current setup.

Yes you still have some teams you would meet 4 times a season but theres plenty of variation before the split and a lot of the games after that could be very interesting....imagine the current L1 table if the likes of the top half were all playing each other every week at the climax of the season, would be great. 

14 teams = 14 H, 14 A then a 7/7 split, 3v3 after the split with one team sitting idle? Would be ok if you split it 6/8.

6 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I mean this vote was always going to piss folk off which ever way it landed so at least make sure you carry it out in an open, transparent and professional manner so that it keeps animosity to a minimum but no lets do it the way the spfl have always done it and that's in a way that pisses off absolutely everyone and is going to make the loser even more aggrieved and with a feeling that something about the whole debacle has smelt completely rotten.  The spfl board should be punted into touch surely after this one. Their position after this car crash is surely untenable.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The split is a load of pish too and needs bumped. Laughing stick of europe with that stupid setup.

No-one in Europe cares enough about our league to laugh at it.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

They regularly do down south whenever Scottish football is mentioned.

They don't really, they don't care: and why should we? I don't care about the Swiss league or the Slovakian league or the Croatian league, etc etc.

6 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I have to admire your endurance on this thread, however, you are stretching yourself to believe that Scottish football is on a par with those quoted.

We're easily the worst run league in Europe never mind those leagues.  Our top clubs prefer to run with a crazy league split and completely biased playoff format than see any of the money get spread a bit more fairly.  80 odd percent given to 12 sides whilst the rest scrape about on a pittance. 

15 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

They don't really, they don't care: and why should we? I don't care about the Swiss league or the Slovakian league or the Croatian league, etc etc.

I'd be looking a lot more at other leagues as they seem to be getting run a lot better than the way ours is at the bloomin moment.  Even bloody Denmark gets more tv cash than we do and their crowds are nowhere near what scottish football gets on a weekend. Whole game needs sorted from top to bottom but what chance is there when we cant even carry out a simple vote without making a total cant of it.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

14 teams = 14 H, 14 A then a 7/7 split, 3v3 after the split with one team sitting idle? Would be ok if you split it 6/8.

No splits for christ sake. The top flight one is awful . We should be ditching it not bringing in more.

5 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

They also regularly return a Tory government and voted for brexit  so their opinions are best treated with the contempt they deserve

Not sure what that has to do with football to be honest. I would say that they are doing a lot more right on the football front than we are.