The SPFL recommendation?

1 minute ago, Hammyton said:

No change to top league.

2 leagues of 16 below is what I am hearing is likely to be the next plan.  Brora and Kelty added to bottom league. 

Suggestion is also that bottom of the bottom league is changed to automatic relegation with second bottom playing losers of the Highland/Lowland league playoff.

Pray for Clyde.

8 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Of course Brechin are not voting for selfish reasons at all. The good for Scottish football would surely be league reconstruction?

The Brechin City vote has nothing whatsoever to do with my opinion. That was made by our elected committee . 

I totally agree about the reconstruction issue and have mentioned that earlier.   Why that wasn't a voting proposition I have no idea. 

Guest Ecosse83

Wait for uefa to abandon all the league's. Scottish football teams will get more money from that than the poultry sums they will get for finishing the league's early. 

But if course that means Celtic won't get the league title and Lawlell can't have that!

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

Can anyone explain why Div 1 and 2 votes are combined? 

Because they're all shite and no-one really cares what they think in most instances. They also accepted the voting structure when the SPFL was set up and they were offered more money for reduced influence. An offer that they bit the fūcking hand off the provider to take.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

9 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

No change to top league.

2 leagues of 16 below is what I am hearing is likely to be the next plan.  Brora and Kelty added to bottom league. 

Suggestion is also that bottom of the bottom league is changed to automatic relegation with second bottom playing losers of the Highland/Lowland league playoff.

You need to get your hearing checked

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Have we established Dundee’s reasons for (allegedly) voting no yet? Is it simply to get it round Dundee United and keep the gate receipts in the league?

I also don’t see why if they’d voted no and the SPFL claimed not to receive it, they wouldn’t just send it again and release a statement saying as such. They’re angling after something.

Obviously because Peter Lawell asked them too.

17 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Scottish football is not 'f**ked', no more than any other country is affected by this. What you mean is Brechin are currently f**ked and this is a last ditch attempt to save the club from the Highland league, so please can we all vote this through.

I'd be doing the same in your situation because I want what's best for my club, but please don't dress this up as being all noble and looking out for Scottish football.

European and international standings would suggest otherwise. 

Yes Brechin are currently fucked no denying that . If they don't go down this season they will go down next season . This vote was not about saving Brechin City though and your last sentence sums up the way every club voted in this . ....................For themselves with no one really looking out for Scottish football. This is the way it will continue to be until someone steps up and tells each club to take their heads out of their own arses. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

If it ends in September/October then play a 27 game season (33 in the premiership)

The TV deal, which provides the vast majority of prize money for all divisions, demands 4 OF league games a season.

You cannot have a 12 team top flight without 4 rounds of fixtures.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Dundee are in the playoff places to get promoted, why would they vote for a proposal that effectively ends their promotion chances?

If Dundee FC had any self-awareness at all, they'd realise that they're pretty shite and wouldn't go up through the playoffs. 

That's if they even made the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Clubs can furlough players and the SPFL could just pay out what prize money they have now.

Nobody is suggesting we fit in 8-12 games beofore June and you know that.

Just admit you're desperate to call the season and avoid the play-off and that's the sole reason. We'd all think the same in your position.

So what your suggesting is completing the season with completely different playing staff, i think not. Teams are built knowing budgets for the season.  Do you then build a team for the Championship or the 1st Division.  Also money would still be an issue as teams would be unable to release season tickets again not knowing if it's a season ticket for Championship football or 1st Division football. The fact that no games will be played before all existing player contracts end would suggest to me that you have in accordance with SPFL guidelines call the season. Promote and relegate. Allow teams to then start planning for when the new season may start which I doubt will be August.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

So what your suggesting is completing the season with completely different playing staff, i think not. Teams are built knowing budgets for the season.  Do you then build a team for the Championship or the 1st Division.  Also money would still be an issue as teams would be unable to release season tickets again not knowing if it's a season ticket for Championship football or 1st Division football. The fact that no games will be played before all existing player contracts end would suggest to me that you have in accordance with SPFL guidelines call the season. Promote and relegate. Allow teams to then start planning for when the new season may start which I doubt will be August.

Yep and all your concerns about certainty and contracts presumably go out the window if it doesn't involve promoting Raith right?

Would you be happy with calling the league but no promotion or relegation?

if clubs know what league they'll be in but have no idea when that league will start or how many games there'll be how do you suggest they budget?

32 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

No change to top league.

Posted earlier link to the Evening times the discussion for the reconstruction as you put was adding to the SPFL teams i.e. kelty and Brora so that 47k that the bottoms teams wanted and the prize money is going to be diluted even further next season. doing so i would imagine if the 2 leagues of 16 then thats still a promotion for some clubs to what is/was championship

8 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Also, if it turns out we're good to go in August, I'm all for calling this season. But how we do that should be decided in isolation without a financial threat hanging over clubs heads.

Basically let's have a majority vote on whether to base automatic promotion / relegation on current standings or not.

So don't worry. I still think Raith should have a chance to be promoted via ballot.

Edited by Gordon EF

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Yep and all your concerns about certainty and contracts presumably go out the window if it doesn't involve promoting Raith right?

Would you be happy with calling the league but no promotion or relegation?

if clubs know what league they'll be in but have no idea when that league will start or how many games there'll be how do you suggest they budget?

I'll say it again if your team were 1st and not 5th then I bet you would be calling for promotion. Raith over the course of the season as completed have been the best team, that's why we are top. If the SPFL call the league which they have done then top team gets promoted bottom team relegated. Only issue they should have is what to do with teams 2nd, 3rd and 4th as they occupy the playoff spots. Regardless your team are 5th and I hate saying have hope of being considered for a promotion spot.

If Dundee can change their minds and go with a Yes vote now what would stop another club having a change of heart and changing their original vote to No? 
scandalous that Doncaster and Lawwell can bully/bribe (take your pick) a club to change their vote to suit them. Shut the Fcukin doors and turn the lights oot.

41 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

No change to top league.

Going to go out on a limb here... what you're hearing/made up is bollocks.

Wait for uefa to abandon all the league's. Scottish football teams will get more money from that than the poultry sums they will get for finishing the league's early. 
But if course that means Celtic won't get the league title and Lawlell can't have that!

Big team found.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The TV deal, which provides the vast majority of prize money for all divisions, demands 4 OF league games a season.

You cannot have a 12 team top flight without 4 rounds of fixtures.

And that is the crux of the problem. Cockwombles crews failure to get a tv deal of any real value and the one they do end up with tells us how many games  certain teams have to play a season.  Christ even the likes of denmark get more tv cash than us and that isn't with a forced stipulation that two of their clubs must play each other 4 times a season.

Just now, Gordon EF said:

Also, if it turns out we're good to go in August, I'm all for calling this season. But how we do that should be decided in isolation but with a financial threat hanging over clubs heads.

Basically let's have a majority vote on whether to base automatic promotion / relegation on current standings or not.

That is basically what I have been alluding to . This will allow clubs to plan in a realistic timescale. 

As for another vote that would be another farcical situation .  Needs a forward thinking reconstruction plan put in place right now for the benefit of every club including those seeking entry into the league. There are options out there  if clubs would stop fighting against each other and just get on with it.