The SPFL recommendation?

13 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Look at the broader picture instead of your own club is what I'm saying. 

Scottish football is fucked. What better time to sort it out than now. 

Or do we just bumble along listening to the same people regurgitating the same pish not really intending any change at all?  Just giving it a different label ? 

That goes all the way to the international set up as well. 

Sadly though it appears that most folk would rather bumble along with their own habitual routine no matter how pish the product is. 

So, will Brechin City be writing to Cockwomble saying, " look Neil, us not being relegated is all rather unfair on Kelty Hearts and Brora,  for the good of Scottish Football we propose that we will accept relegation and let Kelty and Brora draw lots to replace us next season. We would be delighted if you could arrange this forthwith"?

Come on man, look at the broader picture instead of your own club,OK?

6 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Brechin deserve their fate whatever that may be. They are by far the worst team in the SPFL and don't deserve any special treatment .

This has f**k all to do with Brechin City. This is for the good of Scottish football as a whole. 

Clubs are in serious threat of going to the wall if they are forced to keep paying players for not kicking a fucking football. 

End the season now and give clubs the chance to regroup and get ready for a realistic start next season . 

I don't know how anyone seriously thinks any  club could be  forced to play out this season and get a new squad assembled for the next season in a matter of weeks.  Just ludicrous. 

Clubs can furlough players and the SPFL could just pay out what prize money they have now.

Nobody is suggesting we fit in 8-12 games beofore June and you know that.

Just admit you're desperate to call the season and avoid the play-off and that's the sole reason. We'd all think the same in your position.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We'll have to bumble along though as long as clubs are happy to vote for the first thing stuck in front of them as long as they get their cash I'm afraid.

Sadly you are right.

Unless of course you can think for yourself and vote with your feet like many others have done , realising how rotten football really is. 

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So, will Brechin City be writing to Cockwomble saying, " look Neil, us not being relegated is all rather unfair on Kelty Hearts and Brora,  for the good of Scottish Football we propose that we will accept relegation and let Kelty and Brora draw lots to replace us next season. We would be delighted if you could arrange this forthwith"?

Come on man, look at the broader picture instead of your own club,OK?

If automatic relegation was the format at the start of the season then Brechin would be relegated like the other leagues. 

Because it wasn't you would need to ensure that the play off structure which is in place applied to the other leagues as well.  Which in itself is quite unrealistic . So no that is not really an option. 

I have already stated that football in general needs a proper overhaul. What better time to do it than now .  It might generate new interest from fans who were wise enough to walk away when they realised their clubs were taking them for granted by serving up a very stale sub standard product season after season. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Yes there is. The fairest and best approach is to play out the season whenever it is safe to do so (even if that means autumn).

Have a variety of scenarios for the format of next season based on the ultimate end date of this one (all 12-10-10-10 though)

If it ends over the summer then next season proceeds as normal

If it ends in September/October then play a 27 game season (33 in the premiership)

If it’s not until November/December then play a half season

Worst case scenario if it’s shut down for a whole year then you cancel next season altogether and just complete this season next spring.

Wouldn't you be asking the clubs at the top to miss out on European qualification for two years in that case?

If automatic relegation was the format at the start of the season then Brechin would be relegated like the other leagues. 

Yes, and if that was the case, both you and your club would have a full 180 change of opinion on this week's proposal.

So let's stop the 'good of the game' stuff.

There is not a chance in hell this season will be finished, have you seen the daily death toll with experts predicting we are still a couple of weeks away from a peak and then fck knows how many weeks to bring it under control. Too many folks in decision making. Somebody needs the balls to call it one way or another.

33 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Brechin deserve their fate whatever that may be. They are by far the worst team in the SPFL and don't deserve any special treatment .

This has f**k all to do with Brechin City. This is for the good of Scottish football as a whole. 

Clubs are in serious threat of going to the wall if they are forced to keep paying players for not kicking a fucking football. 

End the season now and give clubs the chance to regroup and get ready for a realistic start next season . 

I don't know how anyone seriously thinks any  club could be  forced to play out this season and get a new squad assembled for the next season in a matter of weeks.  Just ludicrous. 

It's the spfl board that are to blame for this situation and noone else. Theres no reason the season couldnt be ended and prize money apportioned with no firm commitment needed on promotion relegation at this point. You could even say that  future talks must be based on  promoting the 3 league leaders. The spfl board though are basically saying heres the proposal like it or lump it and if you lump it your no getting any money. Oh and as for anyone that comes out of this badly hard cheese we're not interested in trying to work out a way to soften the blow for you.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

For the overall good of Scottish football and to help many part time clubs from going to the wall maybe ? 

If Dundee had got their shit together at the start of the season and given United a real chase , then they might have had a point. 

Selfish straw clutching is no way to sort out this massive problem. If they came up with an alternative reconstruction plan to increase the leagues for next season, more teams going up , no teams relegated , new clubs in the league  as an example, then folk might take them seriously. 

Scottish football is fucked because of self interest and it appears that not even a life threatening pandemic is going to change the selfishness. 

Of course Brechin are not voting for selfish reasons at all. The good for Scottish football would surely be league reconstruction?

36 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

You know the fate of brechin is going to be avoid relegation so it is a bit rich to say they deserve their fate

20 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Clubs can furlough players and the SPFL could just pay out what prize money they have now.

Nobody is suggesting we fit in 8-12 games beofore June and you know that.

Just admit you're desperate to call the season and avoid the play-off and that's the sole reason. We'd all think the same in your position.

So what are people suggesting  and what is the alternative to the plan on the table? Why hasn't their been an alternative drawn up ?  

I am genuinely concerned about Scottish football as a whole.  If anything this has shown football to be one of the most selfish, arrogant  industries out there.  

6 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

There is not a chance in hell this season will be finished, have you seen the daily death toll with experts predicting we are still a couple of weeks away from a peak and then fck knows how many weeks to bring it under control. Too many folks in decision making. Somebody needs the balls to call it one way or another.

This is the most sensible post on here. 

2 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I still wouldnt be overly surprised if you saw the top flight still finding a way somehow to play out the season. England still seem to be expecting to do that possibly behind closed doors. The fact that Aberdeen only voted yes when given confirmation that top flight clubs weren't simply expected to follow the lower league clubs at a later date but could sort out their own fate amongst themselves says that they haven't given up hope on doing that.  Certainly I wouldnt have thought UEFA would want some top flights finishing their seasons and others not bothering. Not possible for lower league sides but it would be frustrating to see if it does happen.

54 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Look at the broader picture instead of your own club is what I'm saying. 

Scottish football is fucked. What better time to sort it out than now. 

Or do we just bumble along listening to the same people regurgitating the same pish not really intending any change at all?  Just giving it a different label ? 

That goes all the way to the international set up as well. 

Sadly though it appears that most folk would rather bumble along with their own habitual routine no matter how pish the product is. 

Scottish football is not 'f**ked', no more than any other country is affected by this. What you mean is Brechin are currently f**ked and this is a last ditch attempt to save the club from the Highland league, so please can we all vote this through.

I'd be doing the same in your situation because I want what's best for my club, but please don't dress this up as being all noble and looking out for Scottish football.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

So what are people suggesting  and what is the alternative to the plan on the table? Why hasn't their been an alternative drawn up ?  

I am genuinely concerned about Scottish football as a whole.  If anything this has shown football to be one of the most selfish, arrogant  industries out there.  

Theres lots of alternatives to the plan but no real alternatives to ending the season now.

1 minute ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Scottish football is not 'f**ked', no more than any other country is affected by this. What you mean is Brechin are currently f**ked and this is a last ditch attempt to save the club from the Highland league, so please can we all vote this through.

I'd be doing the same in your situation because I want what's best for my club, but please don't dress this up as being all noble and looking out for Scottish football.

Scottish football is fucked but that's got nothing to do with covid 19.

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

People who're proposing to finish the season are suggesting doing it, realistically, after the summer. Given that it may be impossible to have a complete 2020/21 season starting in August, it's at least a potential solution.

How would I know why something like that's not being offered? Most likely because clubs are having a financial gun held to their head and being asked to call this season.

There's a significant number of people acting as if playing football again in june is utter lunacy but players doing pre-season in July and starting games in auguest is a foregone conclusion. It's not at all.

I've no doubt, you are concerned about Scottish football. But your support for this proposal is primarily because it's a get out of jail card for Brechin.

No change to top league.

2 leagues of 16 below is what I am hearing is likely to be the next plan.  Brora and Kelty added to bottom league. 

Suggestion is also that bottom of the bottom league is changed to automatic relegation with second bottom playing losers of the Highland/Lowland league playoff.