The SPFL recommendation?

9 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Saving clubs by getting them their money includes Raith Rovers. Point to me where he said his ‘only concern’ is other clubs and his vote wasn’t influenced at all by his own club in any way. That’s what the ICT guy claimed which is clearly utter tosh. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1248301184374407168

He never mentions raith once in that interview.  It's all about scottish football which we know is not the case.  It's all about raith quite rightly so but come out and say that.  I can assure you if we had gone top the last saturday before the finish he wouldnt be so desperate for folk to vote yes.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Saving clubs by getting them their money includes Raith Rovers. Point to me where he said his ‘only concern’ is other clubs and his vote wasn’t influenced at all by his own club in any way. That’s what the ICT guy claimed which is clearly utter tosh. 

Pay the money and take some time to sort things properly. Jesus Christ we are in times where the government are going to pay 80% of over 5m people in the next few weeks. Don’t tell me 42 clubs can’t change their rules in extraordinary times.

Raith fans need to relax a bit in all this. They will be going up one way or another.  A vote no simply puts confirmation of that back a few days whilst details are resolved.  The only thing that might have stopped raith going up is if the season was played out in full which is not happening.  Your also not going to go bust in the short to medium term  so no panic stations there.  If  I were you I'd sit back relax and thank your lucky stars your not in falkirk, partick or stranraer shoes.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Pay the money and take some time to sort things properly. Jesus Christ we are in times where the government are going to pay 80% of over 5m people in the next few weeks. Don’t tell me 42 clubs can’t change their rules in extraordinary times.

Exactly. Although the forfar chairman seemed more bothered about us and partick being in his league than his prize money.

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1248301184374407168

He never mentions raith once in that interview.  It's all about scottish football which we know is not the case.  It's all about raith quite rightly so but come out and say that.  I can assure you if we had gone top the last saturday before the finish he wouldnt be so desperate for folk to vote yes.

‘We’ve got contracts to think about, we’ve got our cash flow to think about’ is clearly referring  to his own club or at the very least includes his own club.  That’s a long way from claiming that his only motivation is other clubs and Raith’s situation played no part in how he voted, which is the what the ICT guy was claiming. 

This is all motivated by self interest. Of course it is. If Falkirk were top they’d have voted Yes. I’ve no problem with that in the same way I’ve no problem with them and ICT voting no. Chairman have a duty to look after their own clubs.  What I’ve a problem with is someone coming on the radio and trying to claim that their ONLY interest was concern for other clubs. That’s clearly bullshit. 

Edited by roverthemoon

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Exactly  get the cash out and then sort out relegation and promotion. Have a vote on that and it would clearly fly through going by the number of people saying that's the priority.

Raith fans need to relax a bit in all this. They will be going up one way or another.  A vote no simply puts confirmation of that back a few days whilst details are resolved.  The only thing that might have stopped raith going up is if the season was played out in full which is not happening.  Your also not going to go bust in the short to medium term  so no panic stations there.  If  I were you I'd sit back relax and thank your lucky stars your not in falkirk, partick or stranraer shoes.

Raith fans need to relax a bit in all this, says person who’s made approximately 300 angry posts on the topic.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think most are relaxed. As I said the other night, null and void isn’t an option so the only debate is whether we go up alone or with Falkirk.  My preference from the start has been two up, suspend relegation and deal with a 14 team top league for one season. There’s still losers that way (Airdrie, Montrose etc) but there’s no scenario that doesn’t include someone losing out. If that proposal was on the table, Hearts, Stranraer, Partick, Falkirk and  ICT would all vote yes in a heartbeat. Then we could all get on with sorting out contracts, budgets, squads etc. Clarity for clubs and players. But this is Scottish football so of course a logical solution is passed up and everything has to be made a meal of.

Edited by roverthemoon

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I think most are relaxed. As I said the other night, null and void isn’t an option so the only debate is whether we go up alone or with Falkirk.  My preference from the start has been two up, suspend relegation and deal with a 14 team top league for one season. There’s still losers that way (Airdrie, Montrose etc) but there’s no scenario that doesn’t include someone losing out. If that proposal was in the table, Hearts, Stranraer, Partick, Falkirk and  ICT would all vote yes in a heartbeat. 

Number of raith fans on here have been getting fired into anyone that voted no as if it's a vote against them. ravydavy was giving me grief because I  dared to slag Neil Doncaster off. That to me is getting desperate for nothing.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

11 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Not sure of the ins and outs of Rangers proposed resolution but apparently they would have received less money than they stand to get just now, to allow for more money to be distributed between the lower league clubs.

You've plucked that from your arse. Complete fabrication to make Rangers look good.

Every club has been paid the equivalent of bottom in their division.

Rangers proposal was using current position, the SPFL loan every club the amount that takes them up to their final position amount. We then wait until the season can resume (they give no date for this), and play to a finish.

If you finish above where you were when you received prize money, you get paid extra. If you finish below, then you're expected to pay back the prize money received to take you to the correct amount.

Under SPFL rules, they cannot loan clubs money, so it failed to pass the lawyers.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Number of raith fans on here have been getting fired into anyone that voted no as if it's a vote against them. Gravy davy was giving me grief because I  dared to slag Neil Doncaster off. That to me is getting desperate for nothing.

Can’t speak for others, but I’m relaxed.  Have no problem with clubs voting no. If Raith were second by one point I’m pretty sure we’d have voted no. 

The bottom line is this league is fucked. It’s not getting finished. End it as fairly as possible, preferably with nobody getting relegated  on partial results, get the money out to clubs and let them start planning for when football returns. 

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

At least we can all rally around the fact that Eric Drysdale is a buffoon. 

Aye although I remember back in the old days of this board raith fans fauning over his every word as a bastion for the club.  I used to argue with him all.the time on here . God the abuse I got from raith fans for doin it. They'd all be backing me now.🤣

2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Having fully reviewed the so called “ monies due” which has been the catalyst for the current shambolic and desperate push by the SPFL , I have no doubt that theres another agenda going on. 

If you take away the majority of the championship clubs, the actual sums owed to the rest of the teams that sit middle to lower in leagues 1 & 2 are derisory and scandalous and if truth be told if clubs are dependant on £3k - £15K to keep them from going bust, my opinion is that they shouldn’t be in the league. 

Many opinions have surfaced in this past 24 hours, which many of us have found difficult, but at the end of the day it’s all for the love of our clubs regardless. However shame on some of the chairman who have decided to go public with views that in my opinion could have been handled better at this very sensitive time.

However the antics of the SPFL have disgraceful, and amateurish. Going public with how the vote has went before the close of date 5pm ? What on earth was that all about ? from an organisation that never gives out anything ? now publicly saying that four members have been talking to Dundee after the 5pm deadline ? ICT chairman’s account ? Rangers statement ? SPFL board members self interest ? No Celtic statement ? 
I might be a million miles away from what’s going on ( or not going on ) but there is something rotten to the core in all this. Really hope the truth is found, and whatever it takes to get Scottish football back from a piece of shite on the back of our shoes.

Where do you get the info on monies due m8?

Having fully reviewed the so called “ monies due” which has been the catalyst for the current shambolic and desperate push by the SPFL , I have no doubt that theres another agenda going on. 
If you take away the majority of the championship clubs, the actual sums owed to the rest of the teams that sit middle to lower in leagues 1 & 2 are derisory and scandalous and if truth be told if clubs are dependant on £3k - £15K to keep them from going bust, my opinion is that they shouldn’t be in the league. 
Many opinions have surfaced in this past 24 hours, which many of us have found difficult, but at the end of the day it’s all for the love of our clubs regardless. However shame on some of the chairman who have decided to go public with views that in my opinion could have been handled better at this very sensitive time.
However the antics of the SPFL have disgraceful, and amateurish. Going public with how the vote has went before the close of date 5pm ? What on earth was that all about ? from an organisation that never gives out anything ? now publicly saying that four members have been talking to Dundee after the 5pm deadline ? ICT chairman’s account ? Rangers statement ? SPFL board members self interest ? No Celtic statement ? 
I might be a million miles away from what’s going on ( or not going on ) but there is something rotten to the core in all this. Really hope the truth is found, and whatever it takes to get Scottish football back from a piece of shite on the back of our shoes.
Bang on with my thoughts

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

However the antics of the SPFL have disgraceful, and amateurish. Going public with how the vote has went before the close of date 5pm ? What on earth was that all about ? from an organisation that never gives out anything ? now publicly saying that four members have been talking to Dundee after the 5pm deadline ? 

The deadline wasnt Friday at 5, nor is that the close date.

All clubs had 28 days to cast their vote, and the first time it would be counted was 5 on Friday.

I've no idea why the SPFL published the figures, but the media already had running totals before they did.

Guest Ecosse83

If Doncaster and his cronies are as guilty as they look Dundee will get what they want out of this. 

The 14/10/10/10 set up looks quite decent. I had never thought about the top flight splitting after 2 rounds of games into a top 6 and bottom 8 then having another 2 rounds which would give the TV companies the 4 old form games they want.