The SPFL recommendation?

How would people want League One/Two restructured?

Think my plan would be...

Current season ends as is, prize money handed out by position, but no promotion or relegation.

Reconstruction agreed to come into effect Summer 2021 (Season 2021/22). 16 team top flight, not sure how youd set up lower tiers for the best but hopefully both Lowland/Highland League winners in 2020/21 get promoted automatically, and lower tiers expanded from 10. Challenge Cup scrapped, and Betfred Cup put back to straight knockout format to stop overwhelming amount of games. 

Next season played under the current format, but all clubs aware of the impending reconstruction so know what they're playing for.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Will the £50k a month be a regular thing mate ?

It obviously won't. However I can't see £3.5k being the deal breaker here. We have another monthly contribution fund that delivers more than that, and have £150k due from Fulham (presuming that deal is still on)

Teams get payments over the year with a bonus payment at the end of the year for league position I'm sure.

For our league the winners get like 130k in total from the three payments and position.
The bottom club get 70k from the three payments and position.

I don't have a clue how these are broken up over the year but in the overall standings it's £2,500 - £3,000 more for each position you go up till you go from third to second and second to first where it's big jumps.

Now if I've worked it out on what the club's got last year rightly.

Then

It's three payments of £20kish that clubs get with the standings position added at the end.

Going by this Raith would stand to get an extra £65k to theirs as they are sitting top.

At the bottom Stranraer would get £10kish.
With each club getting £2500-3000 more.

Decent amount of money for some but others 1 or 2 home games of takings...

Some sense in amongst this article:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-casting-vote-makes-spfl-21852550

A 5pm voting deadline that was only really advisory has turned the entire process in to a shambles – and it now leaves any result looking dodgier than a banana republic election. 

Dundee’s apparent no vote didn’t go in and they are now the ones calling the shots. To hell with the 85 per cent of clubs who have already voted for the season to be ended in the lower leagues and a move to do the same in the top flight.

They are now the political pinball in the middle of 
Penniless Arcade. 

They shouldn’t be. Dundee’s late call should just be classed as a no vote and get on with it, because the end result has now been compromised.

There shouldn’t be any bartering or negotiations with the Dens Park club. No reconstruction promises, no assurances given, no pressure applied.

The vote was rushed out in 48 hours and it fell short.

Get back to the drawing board, get on to the Zoom phone calls and get busy on a new plan.

UEFA will step in next week anyway, so we might as well now wait and see what they say.

This lot can’t agree what time it is let alone find a 
collective path forward so take it out of their hands. 

Remove the cynical self-interest that pollutes our game. Throw ourselves at the mercy of a higher power and let them call the shots and to hell with the club boards who can’t see beyond the bridge of their noses.

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

It obviously won't. However I can't see £3.5k being the deal breaker here. We have another monthly contribution fund that delivers more than that, and have £150k due from Fulham (presuming that deal is still on)

Tbf if Andy Mill can get £50k out of people at these tough times, many of who will be below there normal earning capacity, you never know.

He must be very good at influencing people.

I wonder if he’ll do a similar thing if the people who gave him money are struggling to pay bills etc if it ever comes to that ??

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

Well, which is it...a circus should be entertaining too...please advise. So far it’s a bit like the tale of the Confederacy in the United States Civil War. The people picking the fight are overmatched, think they’re smarter than they are, have no real path to winning, and are going to do it anyway. As a bonus, the SPFL are quite like the Union Army, their leadership is in disarray, they don’t have the resources they need right now, and very few people support them (at least until the fighting started).

Well TX, for me funny is 😄 where as entertaining is 🙂 and possibly 🤔.

I would say this episode is more like a circus. It’s entertaining for some, while others just look puzzled, others shake their heads in disbelief. I’m going more for the olden days pre-war circus vibe here, or at least how those Hollywood films portray a circus, with the bearded lady, trapeze artists, lion tamers and the likes.

If we were in Laurel and Hardy territory I would expect more slapstick. Maybe Douglas Park pouring a can of paint over Doncaster. Then Doncaster cutting Douglas Parks suit up with scissors or the likes, then snipping his braces off and kicking him up the arse when he went to pick up his trousers. Obviously while both produced funny facial expressions. Maybe this will be their next move, in which case, if filmed, I’ll very much approve.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf if Andy Mill can get £50k out of people at these tough times, many of who will be below there normal earning capacity, you never know.

I wonder if he’ll do a similar thing if the people who gave him money are struggling to pay bills etc if it ever comes to that ??

The fans directly contacted the club and asked how can they help during this time. This idea came from the fans and board put a mechanism in place for that to happen. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I havent forgotten the time when Raith wanted the game played after the death of Bob McCallum because they wanted the Saturday gate money and they wouldnt allow Falkirk to postpone the game until later in the season.

RG Master Plan

Current season - End as is, prize money handed out by position. No promotion or relegation.

2020/21 league season played out in current format.

Reconstruction agreed for season 2021/22.

Top flight expanded to 16. 44 game season involving split after 30. Top 4 from 2020/21 Championship season added.

Two relegation spots from then on in. Both automatic. 

Tier Two expanded to 16. 9 teams from 2020/21 League One added. Team 10 is 2020/21 League Two champions. Same set up with 44 game season. Top two promoted automatically. Bottom two relegated. 

Tier 3 expanded to 12 sides. Play each other 4 times. 9 from 2020/21 League Two. Team 10 is 10th place from 2020/21 League One table. Team 11/12 are 2020/21 Highland/Lowland League winners.

Challenge Cup scrapped. Betfred Cup reverts back to straight knockout format. Lower tier clubs gain later access to Scottish Cup. This is an attempt to cut down on games.

557905123_tenor(24).gif.fbb0608b78d861246b37eeb6b7944aef.gif

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The fans directly contacted the club and asked how can they help during this time. This idea came from the fans and board put a mechanism in place for that to happen. 

Just doesn’t seem right to me mate. I think Andy Mill could have pulled this when it became evident that fans were starting to lose jobs due to the time this situation could last and offered fans the money back.

Just now, ribzanelli said:

Hasn’t the whole point of previous reconstructions been to get total games down? No way the top flight add another 6

Because two clubs wanted the games cut down.

If they can get this forced through by the 75% voting process, they couldnt block it.

Most teams would be happy to have more home games, especially after this Summer and likely next season being financial drains. Expanded league, but not expanded relegation places, would see sides like St Mirren/Ross County back it, as theyd be less likely to turn into yo-yo sides.

Number of raith fans on here have been getting fired into anyone that voted no as if it's a vote against them. ravydavy was giving me grief because I  dared to slag Neil Doncaster off. That to me is getting desperate for nothing.
How is giving you grief for being an absolute bore getting desperate? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] You're lost in the mist of your own rage and desperation.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because two clubs wanted the games cut down.

If they can get this forced through by the 75% voting process, they couldnt block it.

Most teams would be happy to have more home games, especially after this Summer and likely next season being financial drains. Expanded league, but not expanded relegation places, would see sides like St Mirren/Ross County back it, as theyd be less likely to turn into yo-yo sides.

Reconstruction is an 11:1 issue though no?

Just now, ribzanelli said:

Reconstruction is an 11:1 issue though no?

I'm not sure anymore, if they can get it through a proposal like their last one, then maybe not?

Either way, just stick a note than denies Celtic getting awarded this seasons title on the record, and you've got Rangers behind it.

Just now, Bantabairn said:

SD
These are the agreed payouts for full season, will post what’s left to be paid

That's last seasons figures.