The SPFL recommendation?

16 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Having fully reviewed the so called “ monies due” which has been the catalyst for the current shambolic and desperate push by the SPFL , I have no doubt that theres another agenda going on. 

If you take away the majority of the championship clubs, the actual sums owed to the rest of the teams that sit middle to lower in leagues 1 & 2 are derisory and scandalous and if truth be told if clubs are dependant on £3k - £15K to keep them from going bust, my opinion is that they shouldn’t be in the league. 

Many opinions have surfaced in this past 24 hours, which many of us have found difficult, but at the end of the day it’s all for the love of our clubs regardless. However shame on some of the chairman who have decided to go public with views that in my opinion could have been handled better at this very sensitive time.

However the antics of the SPFL have disgraceful, and amateurish. Going public with how the vote has went before the close of date 5pm ? What on earth was that all about ? from an organisation that never gives out anything ? now publicly saying that four members have been talking to Dundee after the 5pm deadline ? ICT chairman’s account ? Rangers statement ? SPFL board members self interest ? No Celtic statement ? 
I might be a million miles away from what’s going on ( or not going on ) but there is something rotten to the core in all this. Really hope the truth is found, and whatever it takes to get Scottish football back from a piece of shite on the back of our shoes.

All true but I'm surprised you don't understand the sums that lower league clubs rely on. Shoestring budget doesn't cover it, it's a miracle that more don't go bust every year. It's not just cash that is king, it is cash flow that keeps them alive and they move from one "big" intake to the next is league allocations, season ticket sales, with gate money in between to keep it ticking over. It's no surprise to see Forfar welcoming Thistle and Falkirk as huge bonuses.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

All true but I'm surprised you don't understand the sums that lower league clubs rely on. Shoestring budget doesn't cover it, it's a miracle that more don't go bust every year. It's not just cash that is king, it is cash flow that keeps them alive and they move from one "big" intake to the next is league allocations, season ticket sales, with hate money in between to keep it ticking over. It's no surprise to see Forfar welcoming Thistle and Falkirk as huge bonuses.

I'd hate to give money to that c*nt too.

The furlough money doesnt even arrive at clubs until next month.

Clubs who havent agreed pay cuts with staff will be paying full wages until then.

So clubs could have 8 weeks posting full wages, but with no income.

7 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Think Forfar chairman said they were only waiting on another £3.5k or so, rest has already been paid

That's what I dont understand. Raith chairman says clubs need the cash forfar chairman says cash owed  is so small it makes little difference. Someone's talking shite.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye although I remember back in the old days of this board raith fans fauning over his every word as a bastion for the club.  I used to argue with him all.the time on here . God the abuse I got from raith fans for doin it. They'd all be backing me now.🤣

I cant remember any Rovers fan fauning over Eric Drysdale. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's what I dont understand. Raith chairman says clubs need the cash forfar chairman says cash owed  is so small it makes little difference. Someone's talking shite.

Inverness chairman said that if they had voted yes, they would have received £300k prize money. 

Given our fans have raised over £50k in less than a month, do you really think our chairman would be splitting hairs over £3k?

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Neither is talking shite. As far as I understand, the minimum league placing money has been paid out to every club. I.e the money for 10th in League One. So Forfar, being in 9th place are only due a small amount of extra money for their final league placing. 

However, the higher up the league the more money teams will be due. I am sure for the Rovers we are due an extra 60-70k. 

Edited by R.R.FC

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How can you not work this out?

Every club has received the equivalent of bottom in their division.

Take a moment and figure out why Raith are waiting on more money than Forfar.

What I would say in the defence of our own chairman is that its clear the SPFL have laid it on thick that this is the only way the clubs can get the cash. 

£70k - £120k may be peanuts to some, but for most League 1 clubs having that money is vital. 

I've no doubt clubs have been told that this is the only way forward, and even those who doubt that have probably voted for it out of desperation. 

The only villains here are the SPFL, who have the cash in the bank to help their members in an extremely unique and testing time, yet have managed to precide over an absolute shit show. 

Its fairly simple. We have no income coming in and it takes approx 2 months before any clubs get the furlough money but we have still to pay 20%, of the wage bill. Rovers are operating a hybrid system forfar are all part time so i can imagine 3500k could well be a god send for them unfortunately the Rovers who i believe r approx 40k a month for wages so you can see the different points of view , Falkirk will probably be paying more than anyone else so they will probably be in the same position as the Rovers

8 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Neither is talking shite. As far as I understand, the minimum league placing money has been paid out to every club. I.e the money for 10th in League One. So Forfar, being in 9th place are only due a small amount of extra money for their final league placing. 

However, the higher up the league the more money teams will be due. I am sure for the Rovers we are due an extra 60-70k. 

If 70k has been paid out then they are due 50k.

2 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Its fairly simple. We have no income coming in and it takes approx 2 months before any clubs get the furlough money but we have still to pay 20%, of the wage bill. Rovers are operating a hybrid system forfar are all part time so i can imagine 3500k could well be a god send for them unfortunately the Rovers who i believe r approx 40k a month for wages so you can see the different points of view , Falkirk will probably be paying more than anyone else so they will probably be in the same position as the 

We've fortunately got money in the bank to cover unforeseen circumstances .  Sensible thing to do instead of spending it on players but then look where it's got us. Feck all.

This ridiculous corrupt situation mirrors life in general at the moment. 

A horrible virus capable of destroying the whole of Scottish football is brewing and looking like it is going to get worse if not contained and controlled .  Unfortunately though something  has been released into the general public causing mass hysteria. Clubs with underlying health problems are really worried that they might not survive . 

Some have suggested  to end everything now and reconstruct a better , more robust model , others just want to get on with things the way they are with the underlying virus still bubbling away.  The sensible option might be to stay indoors to stop the virus in its tracks because without the public's money the virus can't develop and will just abandon the host and disappear. 

Staying indoors though will prove very difficult to most who are passionate about their club , coupled with the possibility their club might not have the virus at all. 

All a very confusing scenario with so many conflicting opinions and false information kicking about , but hopefully football will pull through in the end and the deception will stop. 

We can only hope. 

23 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

What I would say in the defence of our own chairman is that its clear the SPFL have laid it on thick that this is the only way the clubs can get the cash. 

£70k - £120k may be peanuts to some, but for most League 1 clubs having that money is vital. 

I've no doubt clubs have been told that this is the only way forward, and even those who doubt that have probably voted for it out of desperation. 

The only villains here are the SPFL, who have the cash in the bank to help their members in an extremely unique and testing time, yet have managed to precide over an absolute shit show. 

Common sense from this man.

Guest SJP79

They are cash business's reliant on fans coming threw the gates, you take that away they are all in trouble and that includes the old firm !