Ground improvement/works thread

On 08/10/2023 at 17:44, Ginaro said:

Some pics and info on the new Kirkintilloch ground. Certainly better than a cage though apparently needs bigger nets/fencing behind the goals (wonder how many balls will be lost to the canal!) - similar to Kelty you could add more cover etc so I can see why one club would want to make sure it is "theirs" before investing in the facilities.

For reference: https://www.eastdunbarton.gov.uk/technical-notes-2023-issue-159- kirkintilloch-community-sports-complex

1. The Council has received an approach from a local junior football team, Rossvale FC, to host their upcoming Scottish Junior Cup match versus Darvel on the 7th October at the new Kirkintilloch Community Sports Complex (KCSC).  The Club have been struggling to source suitable accommodation to host the tie and have identified the KCSC as the only realistic opportunity in the local area.

2. Officers have negotiated terms for Rossvale to use the facility for training on the evening of the 5th October and thereafter for the match itself on the 7th October.  Members should note this is a one off agreement in order to support the Club and will not prejudice negotiations with the preferred bidder, with whom officers continue to engage with a view to finalising the long term lease of the subjects.

3. The Council will provide FM support to open, close and clean the building and stands, ensuring the facility remains in excellent condition prior to the new lease commencing.

Outside of that - no update on the KCSC fiasco...

7 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Is there anyone at all at Rob Roy who has any information as to whether they are ever going to get this ground?Or even when they might actually find out…..

The likes of bsc can be serial ' flitters' and play out of alloa ,clyde and  then dumbarton and such like in their past but rob roy can't get the opportunity to play out of a new ground in their home town.  

Anyone else think the baws burst?

Edited by Thejackdaw

16 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

The likes of bsc can be serial ' flitters' and play out of alloa ,clyde and  then dumbarton and such like in their past but rob roy can't get the opportunity to play out of a new ground in their home town.  

Anyone else think the baws burst?

The whole thing looks like a complete disaster.

But selling Adamslie with no relocation plan in place created this situation.

On 19/12/2023 at 14:04, Lokloyal said:

Is there anyone at all at Rob Roy who has any information as to whether they are ever going to get this ground?Or even when they might actually find out…..

Guessing there is some issue with deciding who is getting the long term lease, obviously the ground is ready to be booked for hosting football on an ad-hoc basis but perhaps neither Rob Roy nor the Council want to allow that to happen whilst the lease is being sorted? 

On 20/12/2023 at 14:59, Ginaro said:

Guessing there is some issue with deciding who is getting the long term lease, obviously the ground is ready to be booked for hosting football on an ad-hoc basis but perhaps neither Rob Roy nor the Council want to allow that to happen whilst the lease is being sorted? 

What I’ve heard the council gave KRR the green light to lease the ground and basically run it on the councils behalf which was the original plan.

Apparently they have back tracked this idea and the council want to run it themselves deciding who plays when. 
And make KRR 1 of there tennants. I believe there has been problems with advertising as the council would not let KRR put up sponsorship signs.

The word on the street is EDC are choking for a B team or Woman’s team to lease it for all the $$$$

20 minutes ago, JuniorRaver said:

What I’ve heard the council gave KRR the green light to lease the ground and basically run it on the councils behalf which was the original plan.

Apparently they have back tracked this idea and the council want to run it themselves deciding who plays when. 
And make KRR 1 of there tennants. I believe there has been problems with advertising as the council would not let KRR put up sponsorship signs.

The word on the street is EDC are choking for a B team or Woman’s team to lease it for all the $$$$

Do RR have the money from adamslie to build their own midden then?

4 minutes ago, hague said:

If rob roy put all that money into the new ground it has to be theirs surely.

Absolutely-surely they only put capital into the new stadium development once an agreement had been signed about ownership/control/use etc?It would be beyond belief if they just threw in the Adamslie cash without knowing what they were getting in return.

8 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Absolutely-surely they only put capital into the new stadium development once an agreement had been signed about ownership/control/use etc?It would be beyond belief if they just threw in the Adamslie cash without knowing what they were getting in return.

The council scrapped the original plan to work alongside KRR for the ground. Once it was built they did a swift u-turn. The club the had to bid and apply for the ground because it was unfair on other parties who might be interested in leasing it.

No other party/club had any interest as it was built specifically for KRR.

all to do with stupid council include everyone policies.

10 minutes ago, JuniorRaver said:

The council scrapped the original plan to work alongside KRR for the ground. Once it was built they did a swift u-turn. The club the had to bid and apply for the ground because it was unfair on other parties who might be interested in leasing it.

No other party/club had any interest as it was built specifically for KRR.

all to do with stupid council include everyone policies.

But KRR would have a very good case to take EDC to court, as if they have put some of the costs in with the agreement they would become tenants then the council have reneged then they have stolen money from KRR. Also from working in an LA most of my career any money coming in on joint process have signed and sealed contracts and agreements long before the commencement of any work.

I thought it had been mentioned on here previously that KRR have not yet put money in and any money would be to make further improvements.

2 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

But KRR would have a very good case to take EDC to court, as if they have put some of the costs in with the agreement they would become tenants then the council have reneged then they have stolen money from KRR. Also from working in an LA most of my career any money coming in on joint process have signed and sealed contracts and agreements long before the commencement of any work.

I thought it had been mentioned on here previously that KRR have not yet put money in and any money would be to make further improvements.

Who knows what contracts and deals have been signed. Could all of been part of an earlier agreement. I can’t see the club would have any money to take them to court,

if they loose? Good buy to getting a lease from the council for the ground. Back to square 1

Sounds like there's no-one commenting that knows the full story re the new park at Kirky. I agree that it'd almost be beyond belief if KRR pumped the Adamslie money into the project without formal reassurance re the lease and 1st call usage.  What's surely without doubt is that Rabs have lost many regulars since their move to Cumbernauld - so not to get resolution - after almost a decade away - is ɓecoming a real threat to their existence I'd suggest. 

Get them back home EDC

Not many people seem to remember KRR going absolute bonkers money wise in their bid for glory when they sold adamslie , I think it might have been in the ian diack days and they splashed mad money to win things and it never worked out too well at all.  

I remember it well and they must have squandered multi thousands. 

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

Not many people seem to remember KRR going absolute bonkers money wise in their bid for glory when they sold adamslie , I think it might have been in the ian diack days and they splashed mad money to win things and it never worked out too well at all.  

I remember it well and they must have squandered multi thousands. 

Jimmy Lindsay was the manager and they spunked thousands on the likes of Diack and Marvin Andrews et al.

14 hours ago, andy25 said:

Jimmy Lindsay was the manager and they spunked thousands on the likes of Diack and Marvin Andrews et al.

Some of the Money from the sale of adamslie got put into a separate account for the management team and it was all washed away after a few seasons on players such as Diack Gormley etc.