West Development U20 League / Teams

• 1 month later...

The lack of information about forthcoming Development League fixtures would put back-of-a-fag-packet man Scott Robertson to shame.

Pollok u20s have 8 outstanding League fixtures to play and all that's showing on the WoSDFL website is a home game vs Bens this Friday being postponed.

What a shambles!

• 2 months later...
On 14/06/2024 at 09:33, Brad Bobley said:

Gretna included in the "Lanarkshire" conference this year. No Pollok 20s either. A few other notable omissions/inclusions.

No Pollok 20s?? Very surprising, any idea why?

5 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

I'd guess it's a casualty of the club's recent financial issues

Short sighted in my opinion... especially if the club's financial position has changed, bringing through your own homegrown players surely is the way forward then? 

23 hours ago, Fabi said:

No Pollok 20s?? Very surprising, any idea why?

They "transferred" Bargeddie Colts 19s from season 2022-2023 into their care for season 2023-2024. All of those boys are now too old and some of them playing for various WoS teams next season; EK Thistle being the main benefactor. I don't think the plan to integrate with Bargeddie was planned as a long term solution as it was clearly not very long-lasting, and somewhat short-sighted. Appears to be nothing coming behind it to make that investment worthwhile.

Ah thanks for the info, really surprised at my old club not having a pathway now as no doubt if they did it would undoubtedly attract the best young talent around given their standing in the game in Glasgow. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/06/2024 at 09:33, Brad Bobley said:

Gretna included in the "Lanarkshire" conference this year. No Pollok 20s either. A few other notable omissions/inclusions.

All Galloway teams are 'roped' in with the South Lanarkshire mobs.

Both Lochar and Threave U20's in the South Lanarkshire Conference last season. Played most home games at the NWCC next to Dumfries McDonald's. So not a massively long journey for most South Lanarkshire sides to endure.

From the Non League Matters web-site there are lists of next seasons' teams:

Conference A
(South of S and S Lanarkshire)
Bellshill Athletic
Forth Wanderers
Gartcairn (Airdrie)
Gretna 2008
Lanark United
Larkhall Thistle
Lochar Thistle (Dumfries)
Newmains United
Shotts Bon Accord
Thorniewood United (Viewpark)
Threave Rovers (Castle Douglas)
Wishaw

Conference B
(Glasgow East and N Lanarkshire)
Ashfield
Blantyre Vics
Caledonian Locomotives (Glasgow)
Cambuslang Rangers
East Kilbride Thistle
Easterhouse FA
Finnart (Glasgow)
Kilsyth Athletic
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Rutherglen Glencairn
St Rochs (Glasgow)

Conference C 
(Glasgow)
Benburb (Glasgow)
BSC Glasgow
Giffnock Soccer Centre
Glasgow University
Knightswood
Maryhill
Neilston
Petershill
Rossvale (Bishopbriggs)
St Anthonys (Glasgow)
St Cadocs (Glasgow)

Conference D
(Ayrshire North, Renfrewshire and Dunbartonshire)
Clydebank
Dalry Thistle
Drumchapel United
Dumbarton
Greenock
Johnstone Burgh
Largs Thistle
Port Glasgow
Renfrew
Thorn Athletic (Johjnstone)
Vale of Leven (Alexandria)
Yoker Athletic

Conference E
(Ayrshire Central, East and South)
Ardeer Thistle
Ardrossan Winton Rovers
Auchinleck Talbot
Bonnyton Thistle (Kilmarnock)
Cumnock
Darvel
Glenafton Athletic (New Cumnock)
Irvine Meadow
Kilwinning Rangers
Maybole
Troon
Whitletts Vics

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/08/2024 at 23:28, Craig fae the Vale said:

League Cup Sections kicked off tonight.

All scores and tables available at www.wosfdl.com 

Any word of the league fixtures going on the website? I know the clubs have them but nobody has been able to get them on to Comet thus far.

Going to be some laugh trying to upload a team for a game that doesn't exist on the system. 🙈

7 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Any word of the league fixtures going on the website? I know the clubs have them but nobody has been able to get them on to Comet thus far.

Going to be some laugh trying to upload a team for a game that doesn't exist on the system. 🙈

Website should hopefully be updated tomorrow night provided I don't get held up at work.

There's been some technical difficulties with Comet that should be resolved soon.

18 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Website should hopefully be updated tomorrow night provided I don't get held up at work.

There's been some technical difficulties with Comet that should be resolved soon.

Just a wee update on this. A few things need to be changed, so will be updated by the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great start from our 20s who were starting out with a whole new squad in the summer. They managed 3 wins from 6 in the league cup including a win over Renfrew who won it last year.

They've started the league campaign with 3 wins over Benburb, St. Anthony's and BSC Glasgow. 

They were 2-1 down against the Ants late on last week and won it in stoppage time. Last night they were 4-1 down against BSC and won 5-4 with a 94th minute penalty.

Only grumble last night was the game went ahead at Balfron High School after BSC were punted out of Scotstoun presumably due to Glasgow Warriors being at home.