League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Unless the press have been wrong (entirely possible) about voting intentions and the proposal is supported, there's no way this ends in the next few days, imo.

If reconstruction filibustering kept rolling on until it was literally too late to do anything about it, I reckon Budge, Doncaster and co would be fine with that outcome. 

Why do Hearts fans think that this 14-10-10-10 permanent proposal is a good idea, other than keeping them in the Premiership? 

To everyone else it's a shit proposal, with many unanswered questions. But the little detail that seems to be common knowledge is that there WILL be a split after 26 games (a honking idea, as pointed out by several posters). Then we're told that there WILL be a top 6, with a bottom 8, again this is a crap idea. Imo a top 8 bottom 6 would be an easier sale, still far from ideal but certainly better than a top 6. Also, what about relegation from a 14 team division, or new voting splits? 

Why, should club chairmen without any discussion or debate on these plus MANY more, vitality important questions, chuck the current league system? If forced to vote on what is known, I'm amazed if anyone but Hearts would vote for it. 

If we are to have a change let's discuss it, then make the correct change for the start of 2021/22 season. 

It is incredibly unlikely that any form of interdict would be granted, based on the "balance of convenience" test. Effectively, the Court would weigh the potential damage to the pursuer (Hearts) against the potential damage to the the defendant (the SPFL and all its member clubs) should an interdict be granted to prevent the league starting. Since the impact and costs of the latter would far outweigh those of the former, an application for such a remedy would be pretty much doomed to failure.

I agree. I was simply pointing out to someone that there was a legal mechanism available to Hearts which would allow them to prevent the season starting. I don’t think it would be successful but it might not stop them trying

I personally think a 14 team league could be good especially the top league but of course the problem is how many teams come up and down, the split etc. 

However no matter the outcome I still think hearts deserve to be relegated, absolute honkin club and toxic to the core. Everyone knows they won’t be relegated though especially if it is a 14 team league.

3 hours ago, Green Day said:

I found this while obsessing over Edinburgh’s big team! its off Kickback and gives a wee insight into what you are dealing with..........

59 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

I still have a feeling Hibs will take it to the wire but then vote for reconstruction, for the "good of the game'. That way they can claim to their paranoid supporters, that they tried their best to meet their demands.

Interestingly, I did hear  from an excellent source last week, that contrary to what's going on in the media, the cooperation Hearts have been getting from Hibs and Aberdeen, behind the scenes, has actually been really good. How that equates to possible votes though, I don't know.

The Leslie Deans open letter, does strike me as part of a wider coordinated campaign from Hearts though, to ramp up the pressure and focus minds. This has plausibility deniability all over it.

Don't know what to make of Leslie Deans to be honest. His reign as chairman with Chris Robinson as exec, seemed underhanded and badly managed to say the least. The police also charged him with money laundering some years later, which lowers his credibility.

Going to be an interesting 24 hours, that's for sure.

Leanne Dempster is actually in favour of reconstruction, but Ron the con seemingly wants us down as he thinks it will weaken us and make Hibs stronger, she’s tried telling him that it doesn’t work like that in Scottish football and that derby matches are a real money maker for them, but he’s having none of it, hence why she’s had enough of him and wants out. 

38 minutes ago, Whatever said:

We were led to believe that should Monday fail to get the numbers required, 11/1 etc then that would be that.

Failing to get the numbers required and still taking it to a formal vote is already them making an executive decision.

It’s setting a precedent of the board using their powers when a majority of clubs vote for something.

I’m with you here. Should this come to pass after Monday at 10am I can see no negatives here. The claim of stalling for time (a week) doesn’t make much sense to me. I’m fairly sure we could start legal proceedings alongside this.

Monday’s indicative vote is completely irrelevant, the chairmen with petty grudges will still indicate to vote for their own selfish self interests (McGregor voting against Inverness is one example), but when it comes down to the proper crunch vote, these clubs will vote differently (apart from Hibs who would rather cut their nose off to spite their face), Hearts aren’t messing around here, we’re legally primed and ready to pull the trigger, we’re almost on the vinegar stroke. 

FTFY

2 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

But what about the boycott ? 

Just a solution to boycott.

All teams should show home and away games and keep the income from their home support. No need to boycott

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

You've been insistent throughout that there are no practical reasons playoffs can't go ahead and only the all powerful presence of a Brechin representative on the SPFL board was preventing this, so I'm not sure why you have an issue with this suggestion.

If it’s play offs all round, (incl Accies), I’m okay with that.

19 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

That’s ‘established Premiership club Hamilton Academical’ to championship jobbers like yourself.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

No surprises for guessing which clubs didnae bother voting - I can almost understand Hearts as they still think they are in the Premiership

Spoiler

Afraid not dear Jambo chums

but wtf is the fanny Scott Gardiner playing at? Another example of why this ex jambo *** sympathiser is disliked throughout the Championship.

image.png.c40a235fdab37bc77aa75136eeaf21d8.png

7 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Aye, I have found that play offs v the Accies are usually a piece of pish...........

montyyuk.png.c83f4572de55f6cea4a3383a899ebece.png

2 hours ago, Ric said:

I've said all along I'm happy with reconstruction, and from the comments of most Saints fans on here I think the majority are quite open to the idea.

The problem I think most of us have, and I don't wish to speak for anyone but myself - however it does seem to be the case in general, is that a temporary reconstruction just to benefit Heart of Seethelothian would be of no benefit to us at all. In the short term, we've face less money and in the mid term we'd be looking to at least 2 if not 3 being relegated from the league to "return to the normal structure". By that time, it's an issue that Heart of Seethelothian will not have a single care about and will actively start on the "we tried it, but that was only under extenuating circumstances and now it's not"

Exactly, the change to 14 teams probably isn't the end of the world for a team like St Mirren, it's the switch back that causes us the most danger, and we know there will be an attempt to switch back, as we know even the team currently arguing for this change don't actually want it long term.

Having a set of play offs where Hamilton still stay up while Hearts go down would be the absolute pinnacle of this whole situation.