League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Season tickets? It’s the early games that aren’t going to be played - the ones that would be behind closed doors. A 36 game season would see 18 BCD so you could sell a 9 ticket book, a 27 game season will see 9 BCD and you could sell a, um, 9 ticket book. If I’ve misjudged the proposal for next season in the championship then humblest apologies.

Hearts season tickets were released as 18 match tickets, with any games being played behind closed doors being "carried over" into 21/22.

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

1) Yes. But with a 3/4 season. That was never the deal when we kicked off last season. I think anybody can see, regardless of the legalities, that that is off. Hearts are having the goalposts moved on them twice. Firstly by being relegated on a season shortened by 20%, then by being put into a reduced league.

2) I'd advise a 'wait and see' on that one. I think it would be naive to assume Premiership clubs are not investigating the possibility of switching off relegation for a year. Why wouldn't they try?

3) Yes, but they'll have Premiership tv money. Hearts will lose that, plus be put into a shortened Championship season It's a double lose.

4) I don't see on what basis, but up to them.

5) Hearts disagree with that. The financial implications of being in next season's second tier as opposed to first tier are quite obvious.

1. Your team were pish all season. Even without COVID-19, the consequences of being pish were that your team would be relegated. Maybe instead of complaining about the fair relegation, Hearts fans should point the finger blame at the club’s players and management?

2. Your team being pish isn’t excused by what the English leagues do to their pish teams.

3. If you’re too pish to stay in the Premiership you don’t get the biggest TV money.

4. Any other teams complaints have as much legal standing as Hearts and Thistle’s...which is nil. I listened all day to the court case today, and in that time I heard very little from their legal team to suggest anything otherwise. 

5. Hearts can disagree all they like. Unfortunately taking in less money is a consequence of being in a lower league and playing smaller clubs. Hearts are not being singled out by this as a number of clubs (including my own) have spent significant time there in the past few years. Was the loss of earnings unfair? No...because had your team been less pish you wouldn’t be dropping into the Championship in the first place.

As far as Hearts fans go, you’ve been one of the more rational and reasonable ones til now, but trying to justify any of the above is laughable. If this were any other club in your situation you’d be quite rightly ripping them for the way your club and fans have reacted.

34 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Season tickets? It’s the early games that aren’t going to be played - the ones that would be behind closed doors. A 36 game season would see 18 BCD so you could sell a 9 ticket book, a 27 game season will see 9 BCD and you could sell a, um, 9 ticket book. If I’ve misjudged the proposal for next season in the championship then humblest apologies.

Big teams are streaming the BCD games  until it’s not BCD. Can’t get 18 homer’s out of 27!

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hearts season tickets were released as 18 match tickets, with any games being played behind closed doors being "carried over" into 21/22.

A bit presumptious of them to assume they would still be in the top league. Thats no fault but their own.

400 pages hence and JTS is still arguing that the relegation is somehow unfair, despite being based entirely, 100% on sporting merit.

What's interesting is that the unfairness is now to do with the reduced scope of the Championship next season, even though that wasn't a known factor when he first started claiming it was unfair. 😂

Get right in the sea, mate.

We should all just be thankful that this coming season isn't a leap year, otherwise that would be another million added into the pot using successful businesswoman Ann Budge's patented "Deans-o-matic" calculator.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hearts could have avoided all these issues with next season's budget by not spending this season's on utter shite.

Don't worry they have promised not to do that again.

Mind you, at the same time they shelved out a wedge of cash on Neilson, so you can make your own conclusions.

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

Don't worry they have promised not to do that again.

Mind you, at the same time they shelved out a wedge of cash on Neilson, so you can make your own conclusions.

That's OK. The money saved from the wage drops paid for Neilson compensation.

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Obviously you've not seen the price of the pies. 

Just as well long haul flights  and holidays are for off me this year with the cost of the Hearts visit.

£ 200 PIES

Edinburgh  parkinģ charges

£ 25 in.

Feck hope we only get one visit next year.

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Obviously you've not seen the price of the pies. 

Just in case you missed it.