League Reconstruction 20/21 season

There's also the fact that the only people connected with lower-league football who'd want a few thousand Celtgers fans ripping up seats at their ground and demilitarising their town centres again would be the boards.

10 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Would the Rangers & Celtic colts teams be completely scottish players, for this to benefit scottish football they would need to be..... 

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Has anyone thought of telling them to stick their loan players up their hole?

Let them deal with them themselves, reserves, colts, whatever. Sign what they need, other players can then....Sign for somebody else.

Problem is Sergeant its the lower league/non league teams who are constantly on the blower to the SPL/SPFL teams looking for loanees and not the other way about so unless those teams have a change of policy then its always going to happen.

So the old firm can’t find a way to consistently produce good young players and the obvious answer is we need another team in the league, rather than ask what are other clubs like St Mirren, Motherwell, Hamilton etc doing different that we could learn from. 

41 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

So the old firm can’t find a way to consistently produce good young players and the obvious answer is we need another team in the league, rather than ask what are other clubs like St Mirren, Motherwell, Hamilton etc doing different that we could learn from. 

I prime example of how not to develop young players is Rangers when they were playing in league one and two. They could have promoted youth and still walked the lower leagues yet choose to spend a fortune signing up experienced players from higher leagues. It’s crazy that a team like Motherwell on their resources can achieve better results bringing young players through the ranks. Look at Rangers signing Hastie from Motherwell, they could well have ruined his career, I don’t believe either club has a huge commitment to develop youth, quicker and easier to just spend money on foreign talent.

"The offer to purchase 200 tickets for each game Is again extremely generous. You do not need to be especially astute to realise that a Rangers or Celtic B team game would  generate very healthy bumper crowds at Dudgeon Park. I’m sure our supporters will welcome the chance to grab sight of a “star of the future
Imagine this was the chairman of your club. 
Fucking hell I thought that was satire at first, but he actually said that?
Bumper crowds? [emoji23]

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

"The offer to purchase 200 tickets for each game Is again extremely generous. You do not need to be especially astute to realise that a Rangers or Celtic B team game would  generate very healthy bumper crowds at Dudgeon Park. I’m sure our supporters will welcome the chance to grab sight of a “star of the future

Imagine this was the chairman of your club. 

He should maybe invite them to the Highland League then

Starting to worry there's a chance this will happen and be voted through. Anyone able to reassure me this will be papped out?
Assuming it still needs 15 from League 1 and 2, I'd imagine L1 bottom 4 would vote against, as well as Cove. L2 teams would lose a home game and would have reduced crowds at the colts games, so I'd imagine some of them might vote against. Brora don't have a vote, so f**k them.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

What about the concept of more formal tie ups between clubs, Motherwell and Albion Rovers?

Pish. Utter garbage. 

It's predicated on 6 players going on loan. It makes a team become little more than a development team. It removes their meaning, their purpose. They stop serving their fans and their community and instead serve their 'parent' club.

In addition, on average 2 out of 6, at the very most, would be decent, with the rest being not of standard.

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

I’m sure our supporters will welcome the chance to grab sight of a “star of the future

I'm sure supporters loved it, back before all the kids were stockpiled and the player was likely to be starting their career at the home team.

25 minutes ago, Yorky said:

I prime example of how not to develop young players is Rangers when they were playing in league one and two. They could have promoted youth and still walked the lower leagues yet choose to spend a fortune signing up experienced players from higher leagues. It’s crazy that a team like Motherwell on their resources can achieve better results bringing young players through the ranks. Look at Rangers signing Hastie from Motherwell, they could well have ruined his career, I don’t believe either club has a huge commitment to develop youth, quicker and easier to just spend money on foreign talent.

This isn’t about what is good for Scottish football it is what is best for the arsecheeks. 

It is a lazy solution to a problem they have created. 

How many OF players have achieved international status after coming up through their Colt teams in the last 10 years? Compared to diddy clubs very few.

St Mirren had McLean, McGinn and Morgan all playing in their first team when 17/18. Plenty other diddies regularly play young players. The OF simply do not believe in developing young talent when they can buy players.

1 hour ago, Yorky said:

They could even have recruited some junior players and the best of the lower leagues and got to where they are, but no they decided to spunk several K per week on Ian Black, Kevin Kyle, and loads of others and now the answer is Colt clubs. 

Given their history of good decisions there is absolutely no reason for any other club to give their ideas the time of day. 

3 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

How many OF players have achieved international status after coming up through their Colt teams in the last 10 years? Compared to diddy clubs very few.

St Mirren had McLean, McGinn and Morgan all playing in their first team when 17/18. Plenty other diddies regularly play young players. The OF simply do not believe in developing young talent when they can buy players.

To be fair McLean and Morgan started with Rangers and were rejected before they would have got near a colt team. 

Demonstrating why Colts won’t make a difference to youth development. It is just that the OF are crap at developing youth and they should either accept that or change, not say that the issue is with everyone else and they need to change the league. 

I'm sure supporters loved it, back before all the kids were stockpiled and the player was likely to be starting their career at the home team.
That's exactly what I thought listening to some ex-pro on sportsound banging on about how great it was for the colts players playing in the challenge Cup.

If competitive, first team football is the best thing for young players development then why not limit the number of players teams can sign, or enforce geographical restrictions on players up to a certain age and have them play in the lower leagues for existing teams.

The big threat here isn't really Colt teams because the highly conservative voting system (that the OF are ironically responsible for) will stymie this steaming turd of an idea on every occasion: the real issue comes in the form of the nefarious partnership arrangements that clubs like Stenhousemuir already seem all too eager to gobble up for the chance of self-advancement. This is a direct and serious challenge to the integrity of the lower leagues as standalone competitions. Club to club loans are already limited in number but this restriction has to remain in place against any effort to relax it; I'd also like to see a specific bar being put in place to prevent both explicit partnerships as well as clubs sending coaches or any other 'advisory' backroom staff to other clubs within the SPFL.

Edited by vikingTON

8 hours ago, NorthBank said:

As it's all about the development of Scottish football, stop laughing at the back and the front. We all want to see Scotland at the big tournaments, well here is the hard facts.  What do both Rangers and Celtic really bring to the squad when we do qualify? 

Since 1958, Scotlands first major final,  Rangers have produced through youth or  given them their first ever senior club app, these players from all Scottish major tournament squads.

324985410_rangersyouth.png.80e47588a254e6e55db238bd5638d1cc.png 

Celtic a little better

1439766217_celticyouth.png.974d76d1aaaa92d79b8942ef9064775f.png

Overall it pathetic.  They can't take the risks as they can't see further than the other end of the city.  It's all about hoarding as much youngsters as possible as they might get a wee gem every 10 years.   They don't do development!

Edited by SlipperyP