League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think you quoted the wrong post.

Fortunately I know what you're on about, otherwise that would be totally incomprehensible...

I'm doing that more and more often these days.  Age is a terrible thing.

After Washington dropping the Redskins team name, wonder if our fans will come under pressure to do something similar?  And will we need to stop calling Rangers' fans '****' due to it being cultural appropriation from a long-dead Kazakhstan tribe?

11 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

The (un)subtle difference is of course Chester City FC were liquidated and the NEW club were formed with a change of name to reflect that situation. None of that ‘it was the company, not the club’ bullshit. See also Hereford, Halifax, Aldershot, Wrexham, Gretna and several others. I can think of only one Clumpany who sail serenely on denying the reality their ‘reformation’.

They would never deny the reformation. That's the other lot you're thinking about...

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

28 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Didn't know that, cheers!  There are loads of different theories why you guys refer to yourselves as Arabs, do you know which is the definitive version? 

The one that seems to hold most water is the one that relates to a Scottish Cup tie in 62/63. The pitch was frozen so a tar burner was used to melt the ice, cue one screwed pitch. It was then covered in sand and as we wore white, a newspaper report described us as like Arabs  across the sand.

2 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

The one that seems to hold most water is the one that relates to a Scottish Cup tie in 62/63. The pitch was frozen so a tar burner was used to melt the ice, cue one screwed pitch. It was then covered in sand and as we wore white, a newspaper report described us as like Arabs  across the sand.

Thanks for this, I'll try to resist making a pun about a frozen pitch & holding water.  Must have been quite a bizarre game to attend.

1 hour ago, Sheep62 said:

Any names in that squad that some of us (ahem) older chaps might recognise ? 

Sandy Davie

Tommy Millar

Jim Cameron

Tommy Neilson

Dennis Gillespie

Doug Smith

Walter Smith

Jim Moore

Finn Seeman

Billy Hainey

Jackie Grham

Mogens Berg

Gerry Hernon

Finn Dossing

Ian Scott

Donald MacKay

Jim Briggs

And manager Jerry Kerr

Edited by Tannadeechee
Spelt name wrong

34 minutes ago, The DA said:

I'm doing that more and more often these days.  Age is a terrible thing.

After Washington dropping the Redskins team name, wonder if our fans will come under pressure to do something similar?  And will we need to stop calling Rangers' fans '****' due to it being cultural appropriation from a long-dead Kazakhstan tribe?

Don't worry, I'm sure we can all find multiple and more modern and inclusive words to describe them if we try.

Instead of zombie c***s let's go with "Life challenged c***s"

Your turn.

2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Michael Stewart to be unveiled as the new Head of Communications imo (in my opinion).

Apparently he has just joined Celtic TV (along with Sutton) so that would be v amusing.

22 minutes ago, Green Day said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53415655

What next, Billy Brown back there as shoe shine boy?

What a shambles Hearts are

jerry seinfeld laughing GIF

Successful Business Hag can't delegate any of this omnishambles ?

Hearts fans being taken to the cleaners by this charlatan of an owner.

Gary Locke to be appointed as guardian of the corner flags ?

Neilson said he was "delighted" by the news and that Jefferies' "experience and expertise will be of great benefit to both the club and myself".  😀

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

8 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
18 hours ago, Sparticus said:
Has to be a points deduction for this twosome.Both have acted horrendously all the way through and put other clubs at risk in a careless fashion.

I thought the only sanctions possible were a fine set at a maximum depending on division or expulsion / ban from the Scottish cup ?

If you are expelled from the SFA then you would be facto be expelled from the SPFL as membership of the SPFL requires membership of the SFA 

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

Sandy Davie

Tommy Millar

Jim Cameron

Tommy Neilson

Dennis Gillespie

Doug Smith

Walter Smith

Jim Moore

Finn Seeman

Billy Hainey

Jackie Grham

Mogens Berg

Gerry Hernon

Finn Dossing

Ian Scott

Donald MacKay

Jim Briggs

And manager Jerry Kerr

I was at school with Dennis's son (also named Dennis).

Whatever became of Walter Smith?