League Reconstruction 20/21 season

If the regularly mentioned Twitter account (don’t want to give publicity, but think along the lines of a referee...) actually makes money from its Patreon then I would be astonished.

I would also be tempted to start a similar blog blasting the “MSM” and sticking up for poor Rangers if people are actually willing to pay for that sort of thing.

Edited by GallowayBlue

1 minute ago, GallowayBlue said:

If the regularly mentioned Twitter account (don’t want to give publicity, but think along the lines of a referee...) actually makes money from its Patreon then I would be astonished.

I would also be tempted to start a similar blog blasting the “MSM” and sticking up for poor a Rangers if people are actually willing to pay for that sort of thing.

It's the blog JohnJames would be writing if there was money in it.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Are Hearts still relegated yet?

Was just wondering the v same thing. 

Could come to a close today but doubt it as it'll probably drag on for ages. No doubt we'll hear nothing till the Friday before the football starts then the whole first weekend will be overshadowed by talking about it rather than the football. 

For the benefit of 8gamestogo, the English Championship is about to finish tonight with all matches played and is going to end up with legal challenges all over the place. That league is the laughing stock of world football. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

For the benefit of 8gamestogo, the English Championship is about to finish tonight with all matches played and is going to end up with legal challenges all over the place. That league is the laughing stock of world football. 

To be fair, none of the legal challenges have anything to do with coronavirus - they would have happened even if the league had finished as normal in May.

34 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

To be fair, none of the legal challenges have anything to do with coronavirus - they would have happened even if the league had finished as normal in May.

So they don’t even have the excuse of a global pandemic for becoming a laughing stock? Their everyday housekeeping and their fit & proper test for new owners does that for them? Isn’t that even worse? 

I see that Serie A will be the final European league to finish “last” season on 2nd August. The Scottish govt would not allow football to resume in this country until the 1st. If we take the finish of Serie A as our deadline we would have had 24 hours to finish our leagues - that’s 1,440 minutes. Now, I’m sure I’ve seen somewhere that there were 8gamestogo. That’s only 720 minutes of football for each team. Plenty of time to play those games! I’ve seen loads of kids doing 24hr football challenges as fundraisers for charity, and yet our so-called “professional” players can’t even manage half of that?! A laughing stock indeed! 

Edited by Junior_Arab

So they don’t even have the excuse of a global pandemic for becoming a laughing stock? Their everyday housekeeping and their fit & proper test for new owners does that for them? Isn’t that even worse? 

I see that Serie A will be the final European league to finish “last” season on 2nd August. The Scottish govt would not allow football to resume in this country until the 1st. If we take the finish of Serie A as our deadline we would have had 24 hours to finish our leagues - that’s 1,440 minutes. Now, I’m sure I’ve seen somewhere that there were 8gamestogo. That’s only 720 minutes of football for each team. Plenty of time to play those games! I’ve seen loads of kids doing 24hr football challenges as fundraisers for charity, and yet our so-called “professional” players can’t even manage half of that?! A laughing stock indeed! 
Just need a hot tub time machine.

I'd be surprised if there is any announcement today. While the witnesses may have given their testimony, there are still closing legal arguments to be put forward by both sides. Even if they do complete today, I think you'll still have a day or so of discussion between the 3 judges before an agreement is met.

Could be wrong, but I'd say maybe Friday morning.

4 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I can't help but wonder about the logistics. Given it's an 18 hour walk, how would you know you would need a shite at the end of that? If you needed before you set off, how could you hold it in for that long? The poor man might be forced to shit in somewhere like Glenrothes, rendering the whole effort pointless.

Unless Pants Shaton is regular, shall we say. In which case, time it around that.

An Edinburgh individual may well be able to hold it in for several hours, but as the metropolis of Glasgow loomed in the distance as they marched through north Lanarkshire, they would do what they always do when approaching our city. They would shite it & trot back home empty handed (trousers full).

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Was just wondering the v same thing. 

Could come to a close today but doubt it as it'll probably drag on for ages. No doubt we'll hear nothing till the Friday before the football starts then the whole first weekend will be overshadowed by talking about it rather than the football. 

It’s probably the only way you’ll see Hearts and Football in the same paragraph for awhile.

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Hearts would have sued the SPFL for terminating the season early if they hadn't terminated the season early?

They do seem to enjoy torturous logic & being the centre of attention, so I wouldn't put it past them.

16 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'd be surprised if there is any announcement today. While the witnesses may have given their testimony, there are still closing legal arguments to be put forward by both sides. Even if they do complete today, I think you'll still have a day or so of discussion between the 3 judges before an agreement is met.

Could be wrong, but I'd say maybe Friday morning.

Stick your prediction on twitter, Daily Record will lead with it tomorrow.